Page 123 of 130 FirstFirst ... 113120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1945

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Shield Booster and ship armour changes feedback thread

Originally Posted by Zambrick View Post (Source)
    The 2 super perpetrator Rails, Huge PA, and 2 Packhounds with thermal, is still a terror to large ships. You just have the chance to get a lucky shot and snipe through a couple of Modules.
    That is a bear hunter setup. Want do you much good against smaller ship I think. Probably exactly what FD has intended.

So, I did a test in Beta 3 today, in my Cutter.

I wanted to test out some very light shields, only 6D, on the Cutter, as part of a cargo-hauling build for PVE.

The build I eventually wound up with has only 315 MJ of shields, with 52.5% kinetic resistance, 64.0% thermal resistance, and 67.4% explosive resistance (I'm using Class E boosters to up the resistances, without much weight or power draw).

So they are very light shields, for a Cutter

I mounted weapons on the thing, just so I could take it to a RES site and see how the shields would fare. I just wanted to be sure they could take enough hits to allow an escape, if I get interdicted while hauling cargo around.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well they held up. They are definitely enough to ensure my survival during normal cargo runs or missions.

I believe this shows pretty clearly that the shield changes aren't a death sentence in PVE by any means. PVP may be another matter, I know nothing about PVP.

Here's a video of the test. I show the build first, then at around 6:20 I start the combat test.

https://youtu.be/njr-sJzTFN4

Originally Posted by artigan99 View Post (Source)

I wanted to test out some very light shields, only 6D, on the Cutter, as part of a cargo-hauling build for PVE.

The build I eventually wound up with has only 315 MJ of shields, with 52.5% kinetic resistance, 64.0% thermal resistance, and 67.4% explosive resistance (I'm using Class E boosters to up the resistances, without much weight or power draw).

I mounted weapons on the thing, just so I could take it to a RES site and see how the shields would fare. I just wanted to be sure they could take enough hits to allow an escape, if I get interdicted while hauling cargo around.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well they held up. They are definitely enough to ensure my survival during normal cargo runs or missions.

I believe this shows pretty clearly that the shield changes aren't a death sentence in PVE by any means. PVP may be another matter, I know nothing about PVP.

Here's a video of the test. I show the build first, then at around 6:20 I start the combat test.

Make sure to fill in the form here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...eedback-Thread

And link to the vid. Your ships has about 7-8x less shielding than a combat loadout would have, and people report being killed by lone vipers in under two minutes. Wish I could get my vid recordings to work, got massive stutters all over them.

Originally Posted by artigan99 View Post (Source)

nice vid
    and this shows how bad this fix is
    if this goes live pvp players will start to whine about it in less than 30 days because resistance shields will be super OP
    \\// Live Long and Prosper \\//

Originally Posted by PAW.Predator View Post (Source)
    nice vid
    if this goes live pvp players will start to whine about it in less than 30 days because resistance shields will be super OP
    I don't see how that could happen. Resistances haven't changed. They are the same in Beta as they are in Live. You can do this same exact build in Live right now and get the same values.

nice vid
    Yeah, they already start to cry about it

Search the CMDR sundae post in there:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...k-Thread/page3

This guys will not rest until a sidewider take down with easy a cutter/vette/conda.
    This game are already so broken, and the staff broke more and more in every update, sadly!

Hope they find a new way to fix this, even removing ALL THE ENGINNERS and REMAKE with more wisdom, to not break the entire game again.

Progression must to be real, if not, this will be a Vulture only game.

Originally Posted by Muetdhiver View Post (Source)
    From my calculator + gut estimation, it should be something like (assuming +50% / HD):
    • one booster setup : one HD
    • two booster setup : one HD + one res
    • three booster setup : one HD + two res
    • four+ booster setup : only res
    • >= 6 boosters are starting to be a waste.

And @Zambrick : Indeed, the FDL will still be quite a terror in the anti-large role, esp if going with stuff like a triple efficient PA setup.
    Thank you kindly

nice vid
    Originally Posted by jonesskill View Post (Source)
    Yeah, they already start to cry about it

Search the CMDR sundae post in there:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...k-Thread/page3
    You both know that resistances haven't changed? That they're currently the same in beta and live?

Originally Posted by jonesskill View Post (Source)
    This game are already so broken, and the staff broke more and more in every update, sadly!
    Yes, they went too far by raising shields by 400%+ and dmg output by ~50%, now they're trying to do something about it.

Would you rather go back to the shields you had before engineers?

Originally Posted by Steed View Post (Source)
    You both know that resistances haven't changed? That they're currently the same in beta and live?

Yes, they went too far by raising shields by 400%+ and dmg output by ~50%, now they're trying to do something about it.

Would you rather go back to the shields you had before engineers?
    Sure that i do! You forget that before these insane changes weapons don`t have this ´Experimental´ effects too - So the game will be balanced Again!

AND, even widouth enginners you will can archieve + 160% shields using shield boosters in a big3. (+20% each.)

I`ts that im trying to say: All is broken, not only shields - this experimental effects are just OP, compare with a normal RPG that effects are in 5-15%, we have heat gain above 95% now....

Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)
    That is a bear hunter setup. Want do you much good against smaller ship I think. Probably exactly what FD has intended.
    The Rails work pretty good against the smaller ships. Especially now they are making the rails do damage as if they are one grade higher. Plus I can one shot an Eagle with the PA.

I guess if I didnt have the HOTAS Oculus combo it wouldn't be very good build though. The Mouse and game controller are too twitchy to pull of the precision shots. Thermal on the packhounds also do a great job on the shields as well.

There is a reason the big lumbering low-agility ships have big shields, it should be hard for smaller ships to engage them without extra ships.
    This is the way of things in this universe.

Trying to nerf the big expensive ships down to a "similar playing field level" as the smaller ones (for PVP or PVE) is just silly and would frankly simply deter anyone from using them at all.

If the problem is post Engineering numbers getting out of hand - maybe you should look at balancing the mods instead, or other "Plain Sight" balancing to ship slots and the like that players can see - instead of hidden diminishing returns formulas that were never required before.

Will the Clipper be more interesting given the large hull buff?

Originally Posted by Commander Danicus View Post (Source)
    Will the Clipper be more interesting given the large hull buff?
    The Hull buff is only for the Big 3. No other ship gains it, not the Clipper, not the T9, T7, Beluga, Orca...

Some of the reasons for negative feedback in the other thread are making my head hurt with stupidity

Elite: Dangerous Xbox One - Uncensored

"Remember to bring your big boy pants!"

keep in mind that this fix will make it pointless to do grade 4 and 5 Shield boosters blueprints
    previously i suggested limiting the number of SB per ship to 50% of Utility slots + reducing shield boosters blueprints by 25%
    so i will modify my suggestion to limit the SB to 4 for all ships so it doesn't hurt non big ships
    Name:  nerf table 2.png
Views: 66
Size:  58.4 KB
    Attached Items Attached Items  
    \\// Live Long and Prosper \\//

Page 123 of 130 FirstFirst ... 113120121122123124125126 ... LastLast