Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 119126127128129
Results 1,921 to 1,931 of 1931

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Shield Booster and ship armour changes feedback thread

  1. #1921
    Originally Posted by besieger View Post (Source)
    The thing is though the rail can be balanced by removing the "skill" from the effect especially since there is no skill in hitting a Cutter with it... hit-scan and all, I would like to simply see the Cascade Rail cause the Shield Cell to extend its Spin-up time upon impact.
    I would really like this. Sounds a lot more reasonable as a special effect and less of a game-breaking must-have dynamo of SCB-prevention. Sort of like Corrosive.

    But until Corrosive gets taken care of, I'm putting cascade rail lower on my priority list....
    GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
    Premium Ammo Bug fixed: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5234286
    Corrosive effect is on the radar for attention sometime after 2.3 but No Guarantees (TM): https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5235805

  2. #1922
    Originally Posted by Morbad View Post (Source)
    The problem is how mandatory feedback cascade is. There are too few ways to bypass shielding without it, and every time such a method is introduced, people complain about it. Heat is a good example of this.
    Personally I think Frontier were wrong to cave on phasing and to reduce it (modestly) to a 12/90 part bleed instead of 15/90.

    I don't usually disagree with the PvP consensus but back in August 2016 when all of this came up on reddit I said I thought concerns over phasing were overstated and I stand by that.

    I know that some guys in SCB Ferdies had bad experiences from phasing wings but to me the SCB FdL is a build that should offer both risk and reward. If guys want to play safe, they should fly a ship or build less powerful but more predictable.

  3. #1923
    Originally Posted by besieger View Post (Source)
    Yes, big shields still exist, I was able to get 4k MJ.... so there are still there just hidden so to speak.
    Hey, mind telling me what setup you were running to get the 4k shields? Thanks

  4. #1924
    Originally Posted by lonechiken View Post (Source)
    Hey, mind telling me what setup you were running to get the 4k shields? Thanks
    no chance, its my top secret SDC build... its one of many reasons I am practically impossible to kill in a big ship.

  5. #1925
    Originally Posted by lonechiken View Post (Source)
    Hey, mind telling me what setup you were running to get the 4k shields? Thanks
    Have to be a reinforced 8 Prismatic (~1,600mj) with enough HD SB or Resistance / HD SB combo to hit 250 percent hard cap.

  6. #1926
    Originally Posted by besieger View Post (Source)
    no chance, its my top secret SDC build... its one of many reasons I am practically impossible to kill in a big ship.
    Can you show us a screenie from the stats tab in beta at least?

  7. #1927
    Originally Posted by besieger View Post (Source)
    no chance, its my top secret SDC build... its one of many reasons I am practically impossible to kill in a big ship.
    Not even if I were to give you Hermione's noods? kek

  8. #1928
    Originally Posted by besieger View Post (Source)
    no chance, its my top secret SDC build... its one of many reasons I am practically impossible to kill in a big ship.
    The only way I see to get 4K shields is the following :

    Prismatic + Reinforced shields (up to +30%) + boosters. Since the +20% from prismatic, +30% from Reinforced and +X% from boosters are multiplicative and
    not affected by the new cap, one can get > 4K on a cutter and ~3.7K on a corvette. Nothing mysterious here IMO.

  9. #1929
    Originally Posted by Muetdhiver View Post (Source)
    The only way I see to get 4K shields is the following :

    Prismatic + Reinforced shields (up to +30%) + boosters. Since the +20% from prismatic, +30% from Reinforced and +X% from boosters are multiplicative and
    not affected by the new cap, one can get > 4K on a cutter and ~3.7K on a corvette. Nothing mysterious here IMO.
    your numbers are very wrong...

  10. #1930
    Outch!

    Just got 3 infractions for being of topic in the feedback thread. All well deserved.

    Be careful, boys and girls.
    'The enemy of art is the absence of limitations' - Orson Welles.

  11. #1931
    Originally Posted by Han_Zen View Post (Source)
    Outch!

    Just got 3 infractions for being of topic in the feedback thread. All well deserved.

    Be careful, boys and girls.
    Two here bit harsh me thinks, could've deleted then infracted further posts but hey, who are we to judge.


    Elite: Dangerous Xbox One - Uncensored

    "Remember to bring your big boy pants!"

Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 119126127128129