Page 1 of 11 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Elitemeet and Hutton present the "Holo-me, Holo-you, AHA!" competition

Elitemeet and Hutton present the "Holo-me, Holo-you, AHA!" competition

To celebrate the advent of the commander creator (using the holo-me facility), Hutton Orbital and Elitemeet are launching a competition to judge who can create the most accurate copy of a real face using the tools in Elite: Dangerous.

If you've seen those "lookalike" entries in Private Eye - it's just like that. Side by side.... uncanny remsemblance....

Entries so far: http://elitemeet.info/holo-holo-entries/

So – find a photograph – of you preferably but if you’d prefer, another real person and start crafting a perfect holo-me copy.
    Once you’re happy that it is as accurate as you can make it, add both the original picture AND a matching holo-me screenshot to our template, add the commander name and real name (or pseudonym if you prefer) and upload it to our competition entry page -

http://elitemeet.info/holo-holo-aha-submissions/

Please note - ONLY SUBMIT AN ENTRY WHEN YOU'RE HAPPY YOU CAN'T DO ANY BETTER
    You only get 1 entry!

Don't forget to share here as well!

The template to use for your submissions is available at:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...UVNRzBJcFQzNlk
    An example entry might look something like this:

Judging:
    The final entry date is on the last day of March
    The judging will be taking place at the Elitemeet event in Bristol on the 1st April. You will be judged by your fellow commanders who will determine who has the skills to make the most accurate holo-me. In the event that we get hundreds of entries, we will be shortlisting with the assistance of the Elitemeet team and the audience will be selecting from the best ones.
    If you feel like joining us on the day at the event, you can find out more at www.elitemeet.info (the event is raising money for charity, including Special Effect and run by volunteers from the ED community)

Prizes:
    We will be offering a Hutton flight patch, a David Braben Bobblehead, a copy of Echoes from the Hold from HCS Voice Packs, one of the new digital flight suits for your commander from the store and a Special Effect ship paint job. There will also be a print of your final holo-me which we will send to Frontier to be signed by some of the team there as a record of your stunning skills. Thanks to Frontier for their support.

Rules:

• 1 entry each
    • 1 prize bundle available
    • Once you’ve submitted an entry, that’s it, you’re done
    • No Homer Simpsons. Nor cartoon characters or copies of digital characters. It needs to be of a real photograph. No more Ed Lewis – we have a lot of Ed already.
    • Anything inappropriate will be removed from the competition, that includes excessive nudity, rudeness, anything your mum wouldn’t approve of, anything illegal, anything immoral and anything just plain stupid.
    • Results will be published after Elitemeet and posted up on the forum thread, facebook, twitter, sky writing, via some signals, pigeon post – ok, some of those will be not true but anything you send us may end up in the public domain!
    • We will be in touch with the winner via email so make sure you type it correctly. The signed piece of art will take a few weeks to get printed and signed and off to you, so patience is a virtue.
    • We may add more prizes to the pot.
    • This is a community run event, it isn’t run by Frontier nor judged by them but as attendees to the event, any of their team may well be voting on your entries too.
    • We don’t care if you disagree with the final result – you will have been judged by your peers and it is in the hands of your fellow commanders

Get creative and feel free to share on this thread! This isn't for general discussion of Holo-me, nor for buckets of salt, nor off topic discussions, so things might get moderated and deleted if content strays.

PLEASE NOTE: Don't just submit the first one you do - you've got 4 weeks - keep us up to date with your progress and as soon as you're comfortable with your results, submit your entry on the form linked above (ONCE IT IS LIVE - we're not putting it live yet to discourage people from just spamming the first thing they create)

Holo-Me is already my Game of the Year 2017. I'm in.

For those that are asking - we don't know how long beta will last - so at the moment this is only available in beta (unless of course you have a REALLY good friend with beta who can do it for you) - if it goes live, then anyone with live access can enter.

BUT - we are led to believe that once 2.3 goes live, there's something else coming from Frontier so everyone feels included. No promises, but the Dastardly Don Antonaci mumbled something about "official comeptition" and "soon".

This may be a little too early as it appears that there is a lot missing in the Beta Holo-Me editor. Issues like a few eye selections and only four eyebrows. I suspect more will be in the full version.

Which is why we aren't accepting entries yet! Closing date is in 4 weeks...... given that the date of Elitemeet can't be moved just for beta, is the 'best with what tools you have'

You should wait with this topic until it hits normal game, i don't have beta.

Originally Posted by Ripbudd View Post (Source)
    Well, it's a bit of a Truckers thing. We go the extra mile. Even if that means the ship is falling apart. o7

Erm, to quote Vingtetun "the date of Elitemeet can't be moved just for beta", sorry.

There's a fair chance that FDev will be doing something once it's been released to all, but we don't have a hard confirmation of that and we don't know for sure when beta will end.

Can we do celebrities..? I'm thinking you could do a mean Ron Pearlman. I had already made a member of FD but I wouldn't use it without their permission and judging by lack of reply I don't think they liked it

If you're on PC you can buy it for 5

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)
    Can we do celebrities..? I'm thinking you could do a mean Ron Pearlman. I had already made a member of FD but I wouldn't use it without their permission and judging by lack of reply I don't think they liked it

You can do ANY real photo you like....

Originally Posted by Ozric View Post (Source)

Trust me, you can't assume that not getting a reply from Frontier means they don't like it.

Vingetun. On behalf of the PBSF Clan and community and Fatshark Games, I'd like to offer (I know it's not Elite related) a copy of Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide, on steam to give away as a prize. Code is yours if you want it.

dear god you are traditionally handsome.

Page 1 of 11 1236 ... LastLast