Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter 164

Newsletter 164

Elite Dangerous: Horizons 2.3 Beta out now.
    NEWSLETTER #164

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

The Elite Dangerous: Horizons 2.3 Beta is in full swing, with loads of new features for you to get an early look at before the full release. That's not all you can enjoy this week, though. There's a massive 40% off sale on selected items in the Frontier Store, make sure you don't miss it.

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

2.3 BETA OUT NOW

With the fourth major update to Elite Dangerous: Horizons around the corner, a host of new features are now available for you to try in the "The Commanders" 2.3 Beta.

COMMANDER CREATOR

Use the incredibly powerful Commander Creator tool, Holo-Me, to create your perfect Avatar.

MULTICREW*

Team up with other players in your ship or their's. Take on new roles to dominate in the Elite Dangerous Galaxy.

CAMERA SUITE

See your ship, Commander and the Galaxy in a whole new way with 6 new fixed cameras and huge range of options. The screenshots in this section were all taken by players using the new in-game Camera Suite.

MUCH MORE

New ships, mission systems, bases and outposts and many more features for you to try in the 2.3 Beta.

You can access the 2.3 Beta with a Beta Upgrade, available now for a limited time from the Frontier Store.

*Available in beta soon

Livestream Lowdown
    Catch up with videos from the community team

2.3 BETA LET'S PLAY WITH ADAM WOODS

Adam Woods joined Edward Lewis this week to run through some elements of the beta, take in some new and interesting sites/sights, and answer your questions.

STORE SPOTLIGHT
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store

HUGE 40% OFF PAINTJOB SALE

We've got loads of treats in store for you this week, starting with a HUGE 40% off selected Paintjobs in the Frontier Store. There's something on sale for everyone for a limited time only. Make sure you get that paintjob you've been coveting for less whilst you can.

BRAND NEW PIRATE PAINT

Strike fear into your enemies with another set of Pirate Paintpacks for the Federal Dropship and Hauler available now in the Frontier Store.

15% OFF MERCH DESIGNER

Feel like getting your own custom Elite Dangerous Merch? There's no time like the present! We're giving you 15% off all itemscreated in the Merch Designer till March 8th when you use the code 'GET15'.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

HOLO-ME, HOLO-YOU

The wonderful folk from Hutton Orbital have put together a competition to celebrate the brand new Commander Creator tool available in 2.3 with some great prizes up for grabs.

The aim is to see who can create the most accurate copy of a real face using the new Elite Dangerous tool. For more details and to get your entry in, head over to the dedicated forum post. Good luck!

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy

RAHU OPERATION ENDS

The Alliance has announced that its operation to rescue the crew of an Alliance convoy has reached a successful conclusion. Hundreds of independent pilots supported the campaign by recovering escape pods from the convoy and delivering them safely to Acharya Station, while combat pilots neutralised slavers attempting to take escape pods.

LOREN'S LEGION REQUEST

Loren’s Legion, an Imperial organisation based in the Prism system, has placed an open order for tantalum. The organisation is offering generous premiums to pilots who deliver the material to Hiram’s Anchorage in the Prism system.

Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on

LOREN'S LEGION ISSUES REQUEST
    Hiram's Anchorage, Prism

Earn rewards by delivering Tantalum to Hiram's Anchorage in the Prism system.

Comms Chatter
    A round up of this week's community content

THIS IS FINE...

Now with a Holo-Me Edition.

ELITE ORIGAMI

Fold space-time? Why do that when you can fold yourself some amazing Elite Origami.

OBSIDIANANT IS BACK

Enjoy the dulcet tones of ObsidianAnt as he takes you through chained missions and mega ship features in the 2.3 update.

See you in the black, Commanders

The Frontier Developments Team

Copyright © 2016 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England, CB4 0WG, UK
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/WC_Yaffle/yafflesig2_zps1f3a9858.png

Hmm, that didn't work so well.
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/WC_Yaffle/yafflesig2_zps1f3a9858.png

Excellent ! Thanks Yaffle - Edit : Oops I had not tested

Thanks for the newsletter.

"This is fine" I like .. and on the origami, there's a little guy!

Is amazing.

Have a top weekend.

Curses... you beat me to it.

The origami would have had to have been Moozipan Awesome work!

Pioneer

40%...Massive?...LOL. 80%+ is 'massive', 40% is more like moderate. Still probably going to buy something though, which anaconda paintjobs look the best?

Kinda angry about the lack of love for the imperial ships.

No kits, and the skins are just cheap recolors.

It's a bit of a stretch to start the newsletter saying "2.3 Beta is in full swing" when you don't have one of the main features of 2.3 working yet. A bit more honesty would have been better in my opinion.
    When you need me, but do not want me, I must stay ... When you want me, but do not need me, I must go.

A good newsletter this week

Thanks Yaffle. It's appreciated posting the newsletters on the forums.
    LDA #&2A

Originally Posted by Yaffle View Post (Source)
    That would be one of those "alternative facts" I keep hearing about, aye?

Edit: And yes, I get that there are issues with multicrew and I'm happy to wait until it's right, but it doesn't do much for the company's credibility when you lie to me on the first line of the newsletter...

Does Mission failed immediately after accepting issue fixed on the 2.3?
    Or 2.3 will be launched independently if this issue fixed?
    I'd prefer this issue reolved rather than Vanity Camera!

Hrm, no discount for Xbox.

XBL GT: CMDR Ezren

Am I missing something or are we not getting a news letter this week?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast