Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Launcher / server instability since 2.3 Beta launch

Launcher / server instability since 2.3 Beta launch

I don't have Beta access, but getting launcher errors pretty regularly since the 2.3 Beta went live. I have not encountered these issues before.

Win 10 Home Anniversary / i5 / 64Gb SSD + 512Gb HDD / 20Gb RAM / Nvidia 980Ti / 1440p Ultra

Issues:

1. Run the launcher, and nothing appears - although the process is still running in the background. Attempting to relaunch returns a message along the lines of, 'You cannot run more than one copy of Elite Dangerous at one time". Requires task kill, or can lead to error in point 3.
    2. Run the launcher, and it locks up / greys out. requires killing process from Task Manager and then relaunching.
    3. Run the launcher and get the following error about time sync. Nothing obviously wrong with system clock so guessing this is server side. Application quits, usually works again on relaunch:

Name:  EliteDangerousLauncherError-2-3-Beta.JPG
Views: 133
Size:  28.3 KB
    https://www.intergalactic.fm/ Intergalactic FM Music For The Galaxy

\\LIVE LONG AND EAT BISCUITS//

I am also have the same issues......and this morning is the worst. I am now able to log in and play but about every 2 jumps it fails to keep connection with the server. Not sure how having a beta server running is affecting the main server but it started at the same time the beta went active.

UPDATE: I am not sure this is frontiers fault as I seem to be having other internet problems....like most news article on MSN don't seem to be working correctly. I live in Nampa, Idaho in the USA.

Originally Posted by stracer View Post (Source)
    I am also have the same issues......and this morning is the worst. I am now able to log in and play but about every 2 jumps it fails to keep connection with the server. Not sure how having a beta server running is affecting the main server but it started at the same time the beta went active.

UPDATE: I am not sure this is frontiers fault as I seem to be having other internet problems....like most news article on MSN don't seem to be working correctly. I live in Nampa, Idaho in the USA.
    I'm in the UK, not having any other internet issues at the time of the fault. The launcher can now take a long time to load, which may result in the time sync issue.

Will wait for Support to confirm if it is a wider issue, or whether reinstalling the launcher in individual cases is likely to help etc

yeah ... something is cooking ... won't let me plot a course on map, plotting fails Short or long one ...
    I am also getting supper long launcher loads, sometimes asking to login and then goes back to normal. (already verified files from Steam)

Same here to me launcher starts after 1 min. (feel like)

Originally Posted by stracer View Post (Source)

I started having Internet issues (basically my network activity drops to 0 on this PC) about 6 weeks ago that came with a large Win10 update. In that time, I have replaced my router and Ethernet cable (my game consoles work just fine with no issues), made some changes to my Anti-Virus, to no avail. In the middle of last week Win10 updated again, and my Internet issues seem to have cleared up - hopefully, yours have as well.

Riôt

8. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #8
    Hey guys,

The launcher being slow is a problem that we are currently aware of and we are now investigating this, unfortunately I do not have any information to give you at the moment, but once we do we will try to keep you informed.

At the minute, we can only apologise for the inconvenience caused by this, and thank you for your patience whilst we work on this.

- CMDR Unha
    Frontier Customer Support Team

Hey CMDR Unha,

thanks for the update. No problem, appreciate that you are investigating the cause and may take time to resolve. Good luck

Regards,

CMDR Spruxxx

10. This is the last staff post in this thread. #10
    We applied a fix to these issues last night, and affected players should notice improved responsiveness from the launcher. Let us know if this isn't the case.

CMDR Sticks
    Frontier Customer Support Team

Dear Captain send the S.O.S; When we're gonna go down!