Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.3 Beta, Update 2

Question: Why exactly is it called a HoloMe? Is creating a character really going to break immersion that bad?

Fixed Imperial Cutter vanity camera orientations
    Fixed Federal Corvette vanity camera orientations

Great, that just leaves the AspX, FDS and Cobra MkIV vanity cams to fix.. *cracks whip*

Originally Posted by Sniffy75 View Post (Source)
    Fixed Imperial Cutter vanity camera orientations
    Fixed Federal Corvette vanity camera orientations

Great, that just leaves the AspX, FDS and Cobra MkIV vanity cams to fix.. *cracks whip*
    Put it in a beta bug report! Preferably with screenshots! (If you haven't already, of course!)

Originally Posted by HazardousMatt View Post (Source)
    Question: Why exactly is it called a HoloMe? Is creating a character really going to break immersion that bad?
    Because in Multicrew and SLFs, you don't physically transfer to the ship - you operate these via remote control, instantly, in real-time, from any point in the Galaxy.

Which then begs the question why you don't do everything by remote control whilst you sit safely planetside in your undies binging on Netflix.

Which ultimately breaks immersion.

Originally Posted by Juniper View Post (Source)
    Because in Multicrew and SLFs, you don't physically transfer to the ship - you operate these via remote control, instantly, in real-time, from any point in the Galaxy.
    What about me the commander of said ship. Am I just a Holly as well?

Originally Posted by FrodoHobbits View Post (Source)
    Maybe we're all just holomees in a holo-universe? Holographic Principle anyone?

old thread guys - we are om 2.2.03 now

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    close thread?

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    Yeah, we *are* on 2.2.03...and this thread is one of the beta patch logs for the upcoming 2.3 update...am I missing something...?

What about "double bugs", a bug that is preventing the fixing of another bug, there's no category to report those, for eg:

"Unable to initialise network. Please check your connection" bug where you can apparently fix this by changing ipv6="1" to "0" in the AppConfigLocal file, but there is a bug that denies you access to save the file after altering it - even though 'read only' on file properties has been unchecked. So those with 'validation errors' have now been upgraded to this bug, as it were!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <AppConfig>
    <Network Port="0" IPv6="1" IPv4="1" IPv6Port="0" ReportSentLetters="1" ReportReceivedLetters="1" VerboseLogging="1" />
    </AppConfig>

I'll find an ipv6 thread to cc this critical rare bug.

Originally Posted by FrodoHobbits View Post (Source)
    No, but that's my point - you may as well be. "Telepresence" is the elephant in the room that's just going to get bigger, unfortunately.

I'm glad they fixed the chaff audio as I was never sure it actually deployed.

Originally Posted by Juniper View Post (Source)
    No, but that's my point - you may as well be. "Telepresence" is the elephant in the room that's just going to get bigger, unfortunately.
    They should probably just embrace it, and say every CMDR is indeed a hologram. It would explain the foolproof and instantaneous 'escape pod' rescue, and could lead to the very nice convenience of instantly moving to any ship you own. That'd allow commanders to explore the Galaxy while still doing jobs in the bubble, something I think the more casual 90% of players would call a good thing.

CQC must be holograms too, right?

Originally Posted by Elyssaen View Post (Source)
    They should probably just embrace it, and say every CMDR is indeed a hologram. It would explain the foolproof and instantaneous 'escape pod' rescue, and could lead to the very nice convenience of instantly moving to any ship you own. That'd allow commanders to explore the Galaxy while still doing jobs in the bubble, something I think the more casual 90% of players would call a good thing.

CQC must be holograms too, right?
    The whole observable universe is a hologram.

Originally Posted by Alexander View Post (Source)
    "Automatically return passengers to their homes if their mission is no longer active and they're still in ship cabins"

WOOOO about time this was fixed. Excellent too see and hopefully the bug fix is going to stick with the full release and remove the need to selfdestruct ones ship to remove the passengers.
    On the live server, you can actually (ab)use one of the other bugs they will fix in this release to prevent having to self-destruct:

• Occupied passenger cabin modules can no longer be stored using the store multiple menu

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314