Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stealth class modules

Nah I think changing direction wouldn't be terrible but there has to be something to counteract it so it doesn't become op in combat

- - - Updated - - -

Really good idea tho

Originally Posted by Wariamu View Post (Source)
    Silent running would be kind of the cheap, not so efficient option. If you can't even see the difference between silent running and full-on stealth then I think I jsut won't waste my time on trying to explain anythign to you.
    If you cannot understand why FD implemented Silent Running instead of a magical invisibility module then you probably shouldn't be making such suggestions.
    "Please replace these components if use causes fatal damage: HEAT SINK. MAGAZINE. OPERATOR"

---The StiTch! who mended the powerplant mid air---

Originally Posted by Benpo999 View Post (Source)
    They should implement a stealth module to alow the ship to cloak but not use hard points, scaners, supercruse/hyper jump or utility mounts.

The ship would esentualy go into silent running but also dissapere from view.

Situations this would be good in: under attack from pirates.
    Running from outhoritys.
    Sneaking into a restricted area.

They should also add a special type of emp that dissabels the cloak and silent running.
    Let me know what you think. I can take critisim and i would like to see what you guys think ��

I would not be against a stealth module if there are indeed some drawbacks and counters.
    Perhaps a cloaking module should not be compatible with a shield module. You can't have both. You would have to make a choice.
    Perhaps a stealth module might be very power hungry.

But I would also like FD to make the cold running mechanic more interesting and useful.

Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post (Source)
    But I would also like FD to make the cold running mechanic more interesting and useful.
    SR needs adjustments, but the fundamental mechanics are fine.

The issue is realistically that as you are not going invisible from sight, NPCs can still see you and approach you to a scannable distance.

Basically, FD need to put all in-universe Specsavers out of business.
    "Please replace these components if use causes fatal damage: HEAT SINK. MAGAZINE. OPERATOR"

---The StiTch! who mended the powerplant mid air---

Originally Posted by StiTch View Post (Source)
    If you cannot understand why FD implemented Silent Running instead of a magical invisibility module then you probably shouldn't be making such suggestions.
    I don't like your disrespectful attitude. You don't need to act like that to prove your point.

He was saying that his idea of a module that would make you invisible is clearly not the same as just "silent running" which is right.

Why don't you share with us and tell the reason since you've got it all figured out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12