Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Federal Combat Operation (Bounty Hunting)

Honnestly, I'm mostly enjoying the pvp there. Also, just learned how to do vids! Here's my first. Basically it's my opinion on when it's smart to high wake

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7czFQYh92mg

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #152
    Lead Games Designer
    Frontier Developments

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up, as the description text mentioned. As the Imperial Competing CG has now completed, we have marked this CG to complete as of 9:30am UTC today. Rewads will be given out for the Tier reached as of that time.

Thanks for taking part.

This weeks CGs will be released at 15:00 UTC on Thursday 23rd

Fly Safe

Steve K
    --Steve

Is the assumption that the BGS altered the host faction prior to the CG correct?, or did the CG go "as designed"?

Originally Posted by Steve Kirby View Post (Source)
    Just a heads up, as the description text mentioned. As the Imperial Competing CG has now completed, we have marked this CG to complete as of 9:30am UTC today. Rewads will be given out for the Tier reached as of that time.
    Hi, is that the kind of interdependency that will be automated with 2.3?
    Dem white knights nerfed muh mershn!

Turned in about 5mil cr and was confused as to why nothing counted. Figured it to be bugged, then that I was missing something since others were able to contribute. Wish I had checked the forums sooner, but I usually don't for CGs and I don't think that the description made it very obvious that I would need to leave the system.

Oh wel, there's always the next one!

and all global rewards gone in vain as i take it? 3 days of intense wing grinding and 18mil awards without anything else for top10 - it's not funny at all!

Originally Posted by MarvinFS View Post (Source)
    and all global rewards gone in vain as i take it? 3 days of intense wing grinding and 18mil awards without anything else for top10 - it's not funny at all!
    That's how competing CGs work. If your side loses, you lose out.

I can understand not liking being on the losing side, though. It's a new dynamic for CGs. Overall I kinda like it.

Originally Posted by artigan99 View Post (Source)
    That's how competing CGs work. If your side loses, you lose out.

I can understand not liking being on the losing side, though. It's a new dynamic for CGs. Overall I kinda like it.
    Yeah, that doesn't bother me either. I'd have been happier if they'd have chosen a more appropriate system though.

Originally Posted by Ozram View Post (Source)
    Yeah, that doesn't bother me either. I'd have been happier if they'd have chosen a more appropriate system though.
    For what it's worth, I was working in about 8 different systems to bring in Fed bounties. For the 20M in bounties that I turned in for the CG, I turned in around 50Mcr in bounties to all of the surrounding systems. Once nice note is that I'm now Cordial or Friendly with a WHOLE BUNCH of minor factions in that part of the bubble.

what was the global reward for this CG?

Can't get in game for a while - anyone got a screenshot showing the full final results for this one they could share please so I can update the first post?

Originally Posted by Kietrax View Post (Source)
    Can't get in game for a while - anyone got a screenshot showing the full final results for this one they could share please so I can update the first post?
    I've updated the first post with the final totals now.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for taking part.

Fly Safe

Steve K
    Thanks Steve, good to see you passing out the info mate I'm guessing that perhaps FD didn't expect one of the CGs to end so quickly, but the rate really did take off on Saturday afternoon IIRC - certainly far higher than it was on the Friday!

I think these two CGs that 'interacted' with each other were very well set-up if I am honest - I'm not particularly fond of either side so worked for both of them, but I can see how a great deal of RP players and those with a preference for one side over the other, would enjoy the way this was set up. I also can't comment on system choice even though there were rumblings over that, but I'm not the best person to comment on that!! Overall though, I think it was a good idea to have them oppose each other, but also to have the other finish 'immediately' if the one finished well ahead of its targets.

Good planning and execution - I hope to see more of these style of Fed-Imp CGs in the future, they certainly drew a lot of interest.

Cheers,
    The Hat
    Want to be a TeaBagger? - go here and never look back! ... ---> http://teabaggers.bplaced.net/index.php
    Who are the "Tea - Baggers" - The "Teaka Elite Altruists Bagging Co-operative" - if you don't know, then you have never lived! Come join us
    Come along and get yourself a free Ceremonial Blue-Nosing; we think you will love it !!

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(

Hi Folks,

Thanks for taking part.

Fly Safe

Steve K
    And this is why the CGs are so in need of improvement as the background simulation protest movement has been asking for. Procedural and dynamic CGs, that are generated by minor factions all over the galaxy based on BGS states, sure have the big lore ones, but we need to move towards local community goals. The small changes leading into 2.3 are small but reasonable but much effort needs to be added asap, gold rush states and mechanics added as well this year not in 5 years when theres no players left to benefit from them

It also ties together the 3 console and pc versions where they can make stuff happen in the galaxy ( theres nothing really tying them together at the moment). Who is next weeks host faction, lockdown and unknown artifact bombing need to begin to make a point
    [FONT=microsoft sans serif][COLOR=#ff0000][B][U]>>>>>>>>NEXUS PROJECT = [/U][/B][/COLOR][B][U][URL="https://discord.gg/W6aeuUJ"][COLOR=#800080]Discord channel - all welcome to join linky [/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#800080][URL]https://discord.gg/W6aeuUJ[/URL][/COLOR][COLOR=#00FFFF] -

100+ commanders and growing dailiy[/COLOR][/U][/B][COLOR=#008000][B][U][COLOR=#ff0000]

So what are u waiting for come and join us today[/COLOR][/U][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/FONT]

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast