Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Results 271 to 276 of 276

Thread: Xbox one players be warned

  1. #271
    Originally Posted by Niels83 View Post (Source)
    I like to make myself look like an easy meal ticket and when they strike, i give them something to think about. I love griefers in that sense that 90 % of them can't fight, they have no ideas what to do when matched other than combat log. They are just flying in a big ship thx to doing exploits in the game. But fly and do combat, they can't. Lol they dont even understand the basics yet.. So yeah i like a good joke.
    I have a nice mk III cobra build just for that easy kill you say well with a hull of 1270 and the right modded weapons and pip management not so much. even turtled out with a good roll on the dirty drive still a nice little surprise. to bad the MKIV is only available to pre horizon players would love to tweek up that build with the 5 hardpoints.

  2. #272
    Originally Posted by Buckshotbill View Post (Source)
    I have a nice mk III cobra build just for that easy kill you say well with a hull of 1270 and the right modded weapons and pip management not so much. even turtled out with a good roll on the dirty drive still a nice little surprise. to bad the MKIV is only available to pre horizon players would love to tweek up that build with the 5 hardpoints.
    The Cobra IV is a bit more sluggish than the III, doesn't fly as keenly.

    XBL GT: CMDR Ezren

  3. #273
    Finally got ganked for the first time. Was headed to Farseer in my Cutter (exploration build) and a black, heavily engineered FDL took me down. I ran the first time, got into SC just after my shields dropped, then they pulled me back out and finished me off (I know, I know, I should have high waked). I get a few hits in the second time, but my shields were gone, so I was toast. Hello re-buy screen.

    Got in my FAS looking to get some whoopins on. Finally got to Decait and found my target. Pulled them out of SC and got that whoopin' going. Quickly found the re-buy screen again. CMDR was a good sport about it and messaged me with a couple tips afterwards.

    Angered me bit to lose, but it is what it is. They were playing their preferred role. Took their advice and adjusted my build, went out to a Nav Beacon and was impressed by the results. Next time... (maybe I'll last a little longer?)


    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton

  4. #274
    Originally Posted by MVous View Post (Source)
    Finally got ganked for the first time. Was headed to Farseer in my Cutter (exploration build) and a black, heavily engineered FDL took me down. I ran the first time, got into SC just after my shields dropped, then they pulled me back out and finished me off (I know, I know, I should have high waked). I get a few hits in the second time, but my shields were gone, so I was toast. Hello re-buy screen.

    Got in my FAS looking to get some whoopins on. Finally got to Decait and found my target. Pulled them out of SC and got that whoopin' going. Quickly found the re-buy screen again. CMDR was a good sport about it and messaged me with a couple tips afterwards.

    Angered me bit to lose, but it is what it is. They were playing their preferred role. Took their advice and adjusted my build, went out to a Nav Beacon and was impressed by the results. Next time... (maybe I'll last a little longer?)
    Feel free to share the advice to help any other gankees in here (I don't mean to bump this thread but it seems only fair for us all to spread the love).

  5. #275
    Well once combat logging is dealt with by frontier, then the community can come up with ideas to further the play styles of BH and missions involving troublesome CMDRS.

  6. #276
    Originally Posted by Mr Cynical View Post (Source)
    Feel free to share the advice to help any other gankees in here (I don't mean to bump this thread but it seems only fair for us all to spread the love).
    It was more of a tip on what build to run with my ship. Though, he targeted my PP and I was out at 80% hull. I was running a shielded FAS, he suggested a stealth hull tank. So, I took it back to the drawing board and tried that build. It's a different play style and there's more I have to pay attention to, but it's interesting! I think I like it better. Right now I'm sitting just over 3K hull armor with module reinforcement, have two med incendiary multis, a large thermal multi, and a corrosive frag on the roof. leave it in four pips to eng and go to town. I still need to re-engineer my thrusters for clean drive, but my dirty drives boost to 440+ and keep me very maneuverable. As long as I don't boost, I should be ok. Just go through a lot of heat sinks until i can get the hang of turning off silent running when i'm not in line-of sight. at the Nav i took out a Type-7 (ooooooh), a wing of two dangerous eagles and a deadly sidey, a wing of a deadly Python and FAS, and an elite Clipper. By the end of it, I was at 60% hull and no modules were inoperable. But those were NPCs...

    As for being ganked... run and high wake? I wish I had decided to fight from the get-go when I was in my Cutter. And I wish I had a fighter pilot I could have utilized. As they say, if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we would all have a Merry Christmas. I was just making an engineering run, so I panicked and died. Happens to the best of us.


    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819