View Entry Info: Un Wanted Npc Pirates

Category:
PC/MAC Bug Reports

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Un Wanted Npc Pirates

Un Wanted Npc Pirates

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    Rarely (25%)

Time of occurrence
    13:00 GMT

Date of occurrence
    20/03/17

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Cutter

Commander Name
    Gramps

Description
    Pirate Anaconda showing as wanted while interdicting but turns to a clean status and remains clean while firing on my ship in a secure system. Gained a 6 day kill bounty against me after I accidently collided with it - a few times. Thought this bug was fixed, not wanting to see it carried forward into the new build.

Vid: https://youtu.be/XxEAemEULH4

Steps to Reproduce
    1) Fly trade ship in SC
    2) Wait for pirate interdiction
    3) Get unlucky with this bug

Additional files?

2. This is the last staff post in this thread. #2
    Hey Dave c, I will check this out and thank you for reporting.

Originally Posted by Dave c View Post (Source)
    Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    Rarely (25%)

Time of occurrence
    13:00 GMT

Date of occurrence
    20/03/17

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Cutter

Commander Name
    Gramps

Description
    Pirate Anaconda showing as wanted while interdicting but turns to a clean status and remains clean while firing on my ship in a secure system. Gained a 6 day kill bounty against me after I accidently collided with it - a few times. Thought this bug was fixed, not wanting to see it carried forward into the new build.

Vid: https://youtu.be/XxEAemEULH4

Steps to Reproduce
    1) Fly trade ship in SC
    2) Wait for pirate interdiction
    3) Get unlucky with this bug

Additional files?
    Make sure "Report Crimes Against Me" is switched on too, while you have described an initial bug, the bounty should be prevented (once the pirate fires on you) but he will remain clean if it isn't.
    My System:
    AMD Athlon 860k, MSI A88X-G45 Gaming MoBo, 16GB DDR3, Asus Strix GTX 960 OC 2GB, Windows 10.

Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post (Source)
    Make sure "Report Crimes Against Me" is switched on too, while you have described an initial bug, the bounty should be prevented (once the pirate fires on you) but he will remain clean if it isn't.
    Interesting, I do have it switched off due to security ships getting in my way and even causing the pirates to do a runner, but it's still a bug that's been around for a while and it's not the first time I've experienced and reported it.
    signature2

This JUST happened to me as well.

I came out of SC at Zeigel Dock and the pirate NPC came in right behind me and started to open fire. When I spun around and hit him, I got flagged with bounty, then the security wiped me out in 3 seconds, and I lost a boat load of credits because of it.

6mil in cargo runs
    3.5mil insurance
    1mil in failure fines

Not cool...