Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little goldmine...

Originally Posted by CMDR Maymo View Post (Source)
    Do we happen to have a section here on the site for locations like this?

I've not been here for long but it seems like quite a few CMDR's would benefit from fast guides like this one.
    A few are know about but they tend to be temporary due to faction states. Chances are this will dry up after a while but if it goes back to the current state it'll likely become a goldmine again.

Thanks OP for not keeping this to yourself Have been there for a couple of hours and am enjoying it - hasn't become too grindy yet Bought a Python especially.

- Landis Mines (Dabalngas) is 23,000 LS from the drop so don't come here if you don't like twiddling your thumbs in supercruise I normally limit myself to 4000 LS but made an exception for this
    - don't just do what I did and pick up 20 data delivery mission as soon as you get here and then realise that due to the mission limit you can't take higher-earning cargo missions...duh!
    - be aware that there is no shipyard or outfitting in either of these systems, but they exist in neighboring systems
    - both systems are low security, so chances of interdiction are high-ish given the distances, though I've only been interdicted twice so far
    - easy to gain rep with the local factions as there always seems to be donation missions (might change when the expansion status ends?)
    - not much in the way of missions going back from Dabalngas to 58 Ursae
    - if you like long(ish) range smuggling, there are some really nice paying missions from the anarchy faction at Landis Mines. A few high-paying long-range trading missions pop up every now and again (highest I've seen so far is 2.8mil)

Originally Posted by MAIN SEQUENCE View Post (Source)
    Thanks OP for not keeping this to yourself Have been there for a couple of hours and am enjoying it - hasn't become too grindy yet Bought a Python especially.

- Landis Mines (Dabalngas) is 23,000 LS from the drop so don't come here if you don't like twiddling your thumbs in supercruise I normally limit myself to 4000 LS but made an exception for this
    - don't just do what I did and pick up 20 data delivery mission as soon as you get here and then realise that due to the mission limit you can't take higher-earning cargo missions...duh!
    - be aware that there is no shipyard or outfitting in either of these systems, but they exist in neighboring systems
    - both systems are low security, so chances of interdiction are high-ish given the distances, though I've only been interdicted twice so far
    - easy to gain rep with the local factions as there always seems to be donation missions (might change when the expansion status ends?)
    - not much in the way of missions going back from Dabalngas to 58 Ursae
    - if you like long(ish) range smuggling, there are some really nice paying missions from the anarchy faction at Landis Mines. A few high-paying long-range trading missions pop up every now and again (highest I've seen so far is 2.8mil)
    No problem! Glad it's been useful...

Agree that Landis Mines is a bit of a trek, I think if they'd just been sending data out this way it would have been a deal breaker for me but mixing the cargo missions in definitely makes it worth the time.
    Yeah keep checking out the Purple Dragons, those guys can send good smuggling missions back with you and I don't think I got scanned once yesterday.

Found myself aborting a number of data missions to make room for the good cargo ones, getting rep back isn't a problem.

I've been doing this run since last night after reading your post. It has been very profitable. I haven't really run into much trouble though.....maybe 3 interdictions, but those are always easy to evade. Thanks again for the tip!!

The times I've had a lot of interdictions has been when I'm stacking lots of cargo missions in one trip, have ran into multiple pirate bogeys in a wing, and multiple pirates in the same trip and they've chased me all the way to Landis Mines no fire zone... Good fun though to break up the grind.

Originally Posted by MrGreen13 View Post (Source)
    I've been doing this run since last night after reading your post. It has been very profitable. I haven't really run into much trouble though.....maybe 3 interdictions, but those are always easy to evade. Thanks again for the tip!!
    Update! Now that I have gained a bunch of rep with these stations I am usually able to snag 15-20 missions going to landis mines.....making a few mill per run. But.....the interdiction is now non-stop. I guess with that many missions I'm bound to have some pirates after me. At least 2 interdiction attempts on me per station I'm headed to. I do a 3 stop route.....so about 6-10 interdictions every 30 min or so. Still easy to get away but it's kinda slowing down the process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12