Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lost ships due to life support running out

Yes Im sure the awfully nice support people will reimburse you despite the things you have said about the game...

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    ASPiring explorer
    Ha ha - now I get it

CMDR VIN DELANOS
    CEO, Delanos Logistics Group
    Mercenary, war-profiteer, all around sweet guy.

Thing is SinphulAK. This is it seems you made a noob mistake. We all do this at the start and all we can give you is Advice.

Ask around to see if there a faster way to get a asp Explorer. In one Day I went from a Sidewinder to Type 6. Right now I have a Asp Explorer and getting ready to either jump to a type 7 or python. But I looking at the station I am at and see how I can modify the type 7 before buying it. https://coriolis.io.
    CMDR Vercingertorix

Exploration Goal 6,000 to 10,000 systems.
    Current 4,000 system
    Hall 90% Power Plant 90%
    The risk is to pushing my ship to the limits with out destroying my self while exploring.

Originally Posted by Craith View Post (Source)
    Finally, I can offer you some help to make up for your loss, in the way of 400t of palladium from the Teabaggers Renumeration Fund. It should get you at least back on track to your ASP, or other ship. If you are interested, just send me a PM, and I will see if we can arrange something.
    Gosh darn it, it just happened to me, too! I lost everything!

So.... I mean... I'm in Eravate with a dumb sidewinder...

CMDR VIN DELANOS
    CEO, Delanos Logistics Group
    Mercenary, war-profiteer, all around sweet guy.

Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)
    Gosh darn it, it just happened to me, too! I lost everything!

So.... I mean... I'm in Eravate with a dumb sidewinder...
    Nice try, pirate.

I'm not ever on forums!! And I'm using a cell phone to post, I play this on xbox. The "get over yourself" comment was toward a poster who was just judging me and offering no advice but I didn't know how to copy what he said in my reply so It was generic. I already apologized, I'm not trying to be rude but if you went through what I just did you might be a little more empathetic to the situation. I'm a solo player who has no friends that play this, I run missions by myself, I have fought off or outrun every pirate in my system, I've been careful about everything I do in every category I'm aware of and then this... I really do appreciate all the support but I'm losing hope that I will ever get back to where I was considering I'm in a completely LOANED sidewinder with only 1,000 credits to build from..

@OP. This might help you in the future: If you encounter something odd in the game that you don't understand, and it looks like you might die.
    Log Off (except in combat - bad form etc)
    This will mean that your ship is temporary safe.
    That you can now calmly think through your problem.
    You can post on here - Beginners forum will always get helpful advice.

Also you will be surprised how quickly you can replace your losses, you know a whole lot more that you did when you started out. I say this as someone who's restarted many times.

PvE - IronMan - One Life - One Death - Current CMDR : Maja Philippine Bäck

[QUOTE=Wyaston Hypatia;5299307]@OP. This might help you in the future: If you encounter something odd in the game that you don't understand, and it looks like you might die.
    Log Off (except in combat - bad form etc)
    This will mean that your ship is temporary safe.
    That you can now calmly think through your problem.
    You can post on here - Beginners form will always get helpful advice.

Also you will be surprised how quickly you can replace your losses, you know a whole lot more that you did when you started out. I say this as someone who's restarted many

Tried this and it made no difference, I logged back on with less time on my oxygen supply than when I logged. Thanks though.

This forum isn't posting my replies... I'll start a new thread. Thanks all. Sorry for the attitude but if you were sitting where I was when it happened you might have more empathy toward this ordeal. I'll take all the advice to heart and do what I can. Thanks.

This use to happen a lot with new players when the game was released, always the same issues.

No power plant upgrades, big weapons and FSD/shields or poor power management profiles which gave priorities to the wrong equipment.

Would need more info on ship loadout to help more.
    http://forums.frontier.co.uk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=21044&dateline=1414169807

Originally Posted by SinphulAK View Post (Source)
    This forum isn't posting my replies... I'll start a new thread. Thanks all. Sorry for the attitude but if you were sitting where I was when it happened you might have more empathy toward this ordeal. I'll take all the advice to heart and do what I can. Thanks.
    Don't sweat it. Take a break. Walk it out. Happens to everyone

(I can see your posts just fine, btw.)

Regarding power management; Thursters, power dist, FSD, sensors, life support to 1 (keep it under 50%); weapons, countermeasures, shields, boosters, and banks to 2 (keep it under 100%); AFMUs, limpets, refineries and the like to 3, (still should be under 100%); cargo hatch, fuel scoop, interdictors, SRV bays, and scanners to 4.

Set up this way, even if your powerplant gets damaged you can still run away if your priority 1 modules are under the 50% mark.

Look guys I appreciate the support.. I've tried to post 3 different replies now and nothing is showing up. I'm not trying to be a jerk but after losing a month of work in less than 5 minutes on a "technicality" I'm pretty upset. I'll do what I can.. I'll take all the advice and be really careful with power supplies but now that I'm in a sidewinder that's really the least of my problems. 200k/mission down to less than 10k/mission is not realistic for me. I'm playing this for fun and exploration, not to rip my hair out after losing all that to something this small.. I appreciate all the reliable support but that doesn't change what I have already lost. I'm not rich in this game and I'm not an expert either, I don't see myself recovering from this kind of loss given the methods I used to get this far.. Thanks again to everyone for the help.
    What is it that makes ED fun for you? Is it strictly the credits you earn? Or are there other aspects?

Sure, it is a bummer to lose credits. I have somewhere near 200 million in rebuys. Not really sure how long it takes me to make 200 million, but certainly not a few hours. I also switch up what I do often, and it is rarely about the credits (though, I will admit sometimes it is strictly about the credits, like when I only owned my Cutter and didn't have enough for a rebuy because of that bounce I spoke about earlier...) However, that doesn't exactly define my personal "fun", or enjoyment of this game. I am also playing the game long-term. I am not looking to "win" any time soon, or ever. I just enjoy the game for what it is. Some days I legitimately just float around the galaxy with no real objective... just looking at the sights and seeing what comes across my path.

We all have been in frustrating situations in the ED universe.
    It is part of the deal and overcoming our frustrations and learning from our mistakes is what adds to the experience.

I lost two A-rated FDL in a single day when the AI got changed.
    That was quite a shock and I had to rethink my strategies and outfitting completely.
    Of course I never fly without insurance. That is a mistake I will never make.

I also remember putting a Panther Clipper down on a planet with high G in Frontier Elite II.
    My ship was unable to take off again and I had to start over from a very old save.
    It was very frustrating and at the same time it was a story I remember fondly until this very day.

Please do not send me friendship requests. I wouldn't know what to do with them. I never accept them.

We have probably all been in a similar situation at one point or another... trust me, you aren't alone.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast