1) How much do you participate in PvE combat? If significant, is that long-duration CZ/Res or shorter term engagements such as interdiction?
2) How much do you participate in PvP combat? If significant, how often is that 1v1 or with a Group?
Most of the time since beta (OLD BETA 2 years ago). Mostly 1v1. Wing fights often. My team (BIG) took part in two seasons of PvP league and finished runners up in our group.
3) Which ship(s) do you frequently fly in combat?
4) In general, do you consider the fight lost once your shields have broken, or do you continue to fight?
I dont use shield. Im a silent runner, hull tank. I always fight
4b) If you continue to fight once your shields are broken, when/if do you decide to withdraw?
Never in 1v1. DBS is cheap to die in.
5) How have you found that the shield/hull changes to the "Big 3" ('Conda, Cutter, Corvette) have affected your play?
The have made my C1 enforcer cannons useless. I run 4 reverbarating cascades on my C2 slots and 2 enforcers on C1. Due to increased hull hardness of the big3 any small ship with c1 hardpoints has been made obsolete.
6) Have you used Module Reinforcement Packages? If so, how effective have you found them?
Relatively useful to protect my canopy. I still prefer hull reinforcments.
7) We want to reduce the amount of time in combat spent chipping away at exceptionally large shields. With these changes, do you think we have GONE TO FAR, NOT GONE FAR ENOUGH, have got it ABOUT RIGHT or are going in the WRONG DIRECTION.
WRONG for me
ABOUT RIGHT for most PvP meta players
I use reverberating cascade torpedoes so shields were not a problem for me.
You have just increased the time i need to chip at the hull with c1 weapons.
8) After playing with these changes, do you consider the overall effect of these changes to be POSITIVE, NEGATIVE or NEUTRAL?
NEGATIVE for small ships.
POSITIVE for medium/large
As a small ship PvP-er I think I am the forgotten one caught between the anvil (FDL meta players) and the hammer (Big 3 Robigo runners). This patch is going to destroy the small ship DPS vs big ships hulls, because the unimaginative FDL meta owners complained that they could not destroy shields on Big3. Original, skilled, small ship Cmdr's are the biggest loosers here. FIGHT FOR SMALL SHIPS!