Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.3 Shield Booster and Ship Armour Changes Feedback Thread Pt. 2

About You:
    (to help us understand your Point of view for the other questions)
    1) How much do you participate in PvE combat? If significant, is that long-duration CZ/Res or shorter term engagements such as interdiction?
    I'm spending a lot of time in cz/res zones mostly long duration

2) How much do you participate in PvP combat? If significant, how often is that 1v1 or with a Group?
    1v1 or 1 vs group
    3) Which ship(s) do you frequently fly in combat?
    Corvette, Cutter

Balance Questions:
    Specific topics we'd like concise feedback for:

4) In general, do you consider the fight lost once your shields have broken, or do you continue to fight?
    It's lost, while repare costs for only 10% module damage is comaprable with full scale rebuy of a smaller ship.

4b) If you continue to fight once your shields are broken, when/if do you decide to withdraw?
    Depends on the module damage and the chances of killing the target, presence of other ships, that may interfere.

An ambush tactics of some fighter groups is aimed at actually pulling the bigger ship into a fight without shields, while keeping them thinking that they have good chances to win, to make an ambush and do a final hit by aiming at the modules or doing a significant damage, which by rebuy costs of 35-40 millions might be a considerable amount of credits in repares.

5) How have you found that the shield/hull changes to the "Big 3" ('Conda, Cutter, Corvette) have affected your play?
    negatively. I was using 4-5 utility slots of 8 for shield boosters and now i have to use 7 to keep the shield at around 2k strength.
    6) Have you used Module Reinforcement Packages? If so, how effective have you found them?
    Yes, they showed themselves as a total waste of space. Repare costs are totally slamming the whole concept.

7) We want to reduce the amount of time in combat spent chipping away at exceptionally large shields. With these changes, do you think we have GONE TO FAR, NOT GONE FAR ENOUGH, have got it ABOUT RIGHT or are going in the WRONG DIRECTION.
    GONE TO FAR IN WRONG DIRECTION.

8) After playing with these changes, do you consider the overall effect of these changes to be POSITIVE, NEGATIVE or NEUTRAL?
    NEGATIVE. trying to equalize a 500 000 000 Cr ships with the 500 000 Cr ones you force me to stockpile hull boosters in addition to stocking shield boosters even harder than ever before, leaving no space for creativity or usage of other modules. By nerfing instead of adding new possibilites.

Originally Posted by Judder Man© View Post (Source)
    About Me:
    1) A significant amount of CZ/Res & mission specific combat
    2) A reasonable amount - both 1v1 and groups
    3) Conda/Cutter now forced into the FDL

Balance:
    4) In a big ship, once the shields are down it's over. Then I continue to fight
    4b) Decision is made towards the end of the SCB's
    5) I was designing my shields around this balance some time ago and never relied on massive booster stacking. That said, I've lost apx 500MJs from 2.2 to 2.3b. I don't fly the Cutter anymore (I appreciate the effort involved in getting it but I've had my fun so I can't complain). Working on the FDL now so I can join everyone else and fly the only ship left from a choice of one
    6) Yes. Found them effective at prolonging the pain of your approaching rebuy costs by a few seconds. Gives me chance to send a slightly longer message to my opponent
    7) I fail to comprehend the reasoning behind this. If you don't want/like big ships, why have them in the game? I think it's gone a little too far for my big ship comfort zone mentality
    8) I have seen no positive effects of these changes personally

General Comments
    Reward vs Effort : 25mil Conda vs 5mil FDL and it's much easier to kill a Conda with an FDL
    nice

Originally Posted by MJC View Post (Source)
    1) How much do you participate in PvE combat? If significant, is that long-duration CZ/Res or shorter term engagements such as interdiction?
    Minimal amount

2) How much do you participate in PvP combat? If significant, how often is that 1v1 or with a Group?
    Most of the time since beta (OLD BETA 2 years ago). Mostly 1v1. Wing fights often. My team (BIG) took part in two seasons of PvP league and finished runners up in our group.

DBS

4) In general, do you consider the fight lost once your shields have broken, or do you continue to fight?
    I dont use shield. Im a silent runner, hull tank. I always fight

4b) If you continue to fight once your shields are broken, when/if do you decide to withdraw?
    Never in 1v1. DBS is cheap to die in.

5) How have you found that the shield/hull changes to the "Big 3" ('Conda, Cutter, Corvette) have affected your play?
    The have made my C1 enforcer cannons useless. I run 4 reverbarating cascades on my C2 slots and 2 enforcers on C1. Due to increased hull hardness of the big3 any small ship with c1 hardpoints has been made obsolete.

6) Have you used Module Reinforcement Packages? If so, how effective have you found them?
    Relatively useful to protect my canopy. I still prefer hull reinforcments.

7) We want to reduce the amount of time in combat spent chipping away at exceptionally large shields. With these changes, do you think we have GONE TO FAR, NOT GONE FAR ENOUGH, have got it ABOUT RIGHT or are going in the WRONG DIRECTION.
    WRONG for me
    ABOUT RIGHT for most PvP meta players
    I use reverberating cascade torpedoes so shields were not a problem for me.
    You have just increased the time i need to chip at the hull with c1 weapons.

8) After playing with these changes, do you consider the overall effect of these changes to be POSITIVE, NEGATIVE or NEUTRAL?
    NEGATIVE for small ships.
    POSITIVE for medium/large

General Comments
    As a small ship PvP-er I think I am the forgotten one caught between the anvil (FDL meta players) and the hammer (Big 3 Robigo runners). This patch is going to destroy the small ship DPS vs big ships hulls, because the unimaginative FDL meta owners complained that they could not destroy shields on Big3. Original, skilled, small ship Cmdr's are the biggest loosers here. FIGHT FOR SMALL SHIPS!

https://youtu.be/vOJT7hsX2Wg
    Shields? What shields? XD

About You:
    (to help us understand your Point of view for the other questions)

I frequently do both Haz Res and High Intensity CZs (with Massacre missions (no more than 3 or 4 stacked)) to gain faction rep and have fun.

Never.

Anaconda and Corvette - A rated and fully engineered. My Cutter is a trade ship, but capable of defensive fighting; it has no problems with interdictions by Elite FDLs or Anacondas.

Balance Questions:

Yes. However, the hull changes in this beta sounded like they fix this problem. Videos other people made strongly made the case that I wouldn't have to high wake out if shields dropped. However, even with my reduced shield strength (Anaconda 971, Corvette 1200) my shields never dropped... ever.

I would like to stick around until my hull got down to 50% or my canopy cracked. However, without hull hardness changes (or something else), I immediately disengage if the shields drop due to rebuy costs.

They made me far less worried about the shields dropping. However, as I said, my shields never dropped. I guess I need to do another run through and manually drop them to see how good the hull changes are.

Yes. I have 2 on the Corvette. Again, I have no idea how good they are because shields never drop.

You went in the right direction. On all my combat ships, after your change reduced my shield strength, I went further and removed another booster or two (lower shields by 100 or 200 MJ) to add in extra heat sinks or other utilities. I had no problems.

My non-big 3 ships also were fine. My Python's shields (3 hvy boosters) only dropped from 1070 to 971 in cap.

Positive.

General Comments
    A space for feedback on other topics. Please keep it focussed on the changes made during this beta, wider discussion belongs in other threads.

Outside of PVP, anyone who needs 2000 MJ or more of shields to do a high intensity combat zone is just being careless or lazy. Switching to 4 pips to SYS, popping chaff, and boosting away when I had more than 2 ships (say 4 or 6) firing on me takes care of the problem. I would just pull those hostiles away from the group and then kill any that followed (usually only 2 or 3 pursue, the rest switch targets).

All my ships are modded for good resists (50% thermal on Anaconda, 30% on Corvette); both are 7C bi-weaves (G5 thermal resist and G4 Reinforced, respectively). That plus chaff and 4 pips to SYS takes care of any problems. Again, my shields never drop. Also, each of those ships only has ONE SCB and I rarely use it.

I'm extremely disappointed this changes are being reverted. I already adjusted my live ships to match the loadouts of the ones in beta AND I'm not going to change them back even though the changes didn't go through. High cap (with no chaff) is way more boring than resists with chaff. I did try that route between the betas and it was boring and misleading; it made me far more prone to panic when taking concentrated fire (no chaff to scramble their gimbles and give a reprieve) and the shields appeared to drop faster (percentage wise they were, but total amount left was still higher).

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commaders!

dont understand

never

anaconda, corvette

Balance Questions:

No second Yes

try to minimize hull dammidge but i keep fighting until 20/30% then i go for repair

did not really experience that because of my starters date

yes did not really found any advantage in that engineerd hull reinforcement is better

that depends on the type of fighting
    i think in open play or not
    in open play i could understand that
    but in solo or private i dont
    so i would say WRONG DIRECTION

NEGATIVE

General Comments
    A space for feedback on other topics. Please keep it focussed on the changes made during this beta, wider discussion belongs in other threads.
    about question 4b i will keep on fighting but the dash is hard to see when you pull up so sometimes i stop fighting just because i can not see the hull dammidge and boost out
    furthermore i feel that ships size and prize should make a differant in the performance like the anaconda and the corvette i feel that the anaconda feels and perform better then the corvette and that the anaconda has better weapons
    but to get the corvette i have to move mountains and spend allot of credits so i dont think the ballance is right
    Born a Sniper Mercenary by choice
    Equiped: Motherbord IBM Pro with AMD K6-2 500MHZ 200 GIGA HDD 2MB RAM

About Me:
    1) Very much, mostly CZ/RES/Beacon Fighting. Less interdictions or USS
    2) none at all
    3) Federal Corvette and Fer-de-Lance

Balance Questions:
    4) No, fight is lost for me as soon as shields break. I never stay and try to fly just before shield break. I even leave an enamy at 5% and run
    5) Since I switched from Heavy Duty Shield Boosters to 50% Resistances I did not noticed a significant difference. This does not mean there is none but I was able to easily adapt to it. But I could only do a few fights in Beta, no long-term fights.
    6) Yes, in my Federal Corvette. Since I have not testet PvP I was not able to test them, since NPC does not really try sub system sniping.
    7) I would say about right. Maybe you could raise the Booster cap a little bit but for me its the right direction. Nearly all my ships are heavily shield modded and they were ridicioulusly strong without a cap. Danger is part of the game and if you can build a nearly undestructable ship, than something has gone wrong IMHO.
    8) Between neutral and positive.
    Deadly | Elite | Elite
    Federation - Allied (Admiral) | Empire - Allied (King) | Alliance - Allied
    My Inara-Profile
    ---
    My System: Core i7-5960x @4.6 GHz, X99 Deluxe, 64GB DDR4-2666 CL14, 2-Way Geforce 1080ti SLI @2000/6000, 2.5 TB SSD Storage, Creative Soundblaster X7 + Beyerdynamics DT-990, Saitek x52 Pro + Pedals, TrackIR 5, Corsair K95 RGB, 40" Philips BDM4065UC UHD Monitor, Watercooling

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789