Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loitering in the bubble

Loitering in the bubble

So I am pretty much loitering in the bubble waiting for 2.3, I have my eye on some mods and a new ship

so I can't go anywhere but now I have materials overflowing in my pockets ready and all the engineers I want unlocked what am I to do :0

Which got me thinking, what are you all doing while loitering in the bubble pre 2.3 answers on a postcard please

Dear Kenneth,
    I'm still at the collecting materials and unlocking
    materials stage. So boring. But last weekend, I
    visited some ancient ruins in my trusty old Cobra! To:
    It was awesome! You'd have loved it. (See picture Kenneth Mcgrew
    on other side.) Frontier Forums
    - Kuroshio Elite Dangerous
    Exploration
    ps: I'm so gonna buy a Dolphin!

Remember, Kenneth: the penalty for loitering is DEATH.

(source)

doing BGS stuff.

also did some short trips, for exampel the c-class supergiant la superba ... there are quite a lot of interesting places to visit 1000-2000 ly from the bubble. R Cra Nebula, Zeta Arae, V452 Scuti, VX Sagittarii, Pi Puppis, La Superba, Sigma Canis Majoris, HDE 269128, EZ Orionis, V4030 Sagittarii, Kepler-32, Deneb...

leaving tomorrow to tick off more real galaxy supergiants from my list, on a 25k roundtrip ... I'm positive i'll be back before 2.3. drops.

Originally Posted by Kenneth Mcgrew View Post (Source)
    So I am pretty much loitering in the bubble waiting for 2.3, I have my eye on some mods and a new ship
    So wait, you fly the broken DBX all over, and they finally get around to fixing the DBX for 2.3, and you decide to now eye up a new ship? Let me guess, is it an Asp Scout?

Working on my last permit. Last one that matters anyway, there's no way I'm ever getting the CQC permit.

Just unlocked Palin (Marco was a pain!!) and got my eClipper 5A Thrusters to 554 boost. It was on my last roll got a 133% optimal multiplier. 😂 I'm happy

Making myself another couple of billion so I won't ever have to worry about saving for anything anymore and can just buy it when I want. Plus searching all the places I can to find a Federation station that has lots of local surface style missions for more Fed rep (still needing to do that).

But if really want to amuse yourself, you could try and find some of these things to do in various places:
    http://www.hozbase.co.uk/elitedanger...from/sol/30000

I took my DBX for exploration data gathering. Not far, just the outskirts of bubble. Sadly, lack of time to play makes it much longer than planned. With my progress I think I'll be back when patch comes so DBX will be buffed so my target ASP X won't be as much upgrade as I expect. So yeah, I'm loitering as well, just a few LY farther...

Doing passanger missions with my AspX. The highest i ever got was a 33Mio trip to 4 tourist beacons. Then collecting materials for even better engineer rolls.

what are you all doing while loitering in the bubble pre 2.3 answers on a postcard please
    Absolutely nothing. CMDR Smeare is at Meene and CMDR IO is at Sothis - both having a little R&R.

13A is wandering around earning credits to buy a Dolphin and an Asp Scout (don't laugh!)

24B is parked up and waiting to buy a Dolphin.

13D is bimbling around in Beta, testing Dolphin builds.

In case you're wondering, I quite like the Dolphin

Originally Posted by Kuroshio View Post (Source)
    Dear Kenneth,
    I'm still at the collecting materials and unlocking
    materials stage. So boring. But last weekend, I
    visited some ancient ruins in my trusty old Cobra! To:
    It was awesome! You'd have loved it. (See picture Kenneth Mcgrew
    on other side.) Frontier Forums
    - Kurushio Elite Dangerous
    Exploration
    ps: I'm so gonna buy a Dolphin!
    Amazing, took this to a whole new level, have some Rep

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    So wait, you fly the broken DBX all over, and they finally get around to fixing the DBX for 2.3, and you decide to now eye up a new ship? Let me guess, is it an Asp Scout?
    The DBx's LY meter has gone round the clock so to speak, although I wish we had them on ships , yeah its fixed - I kept on at FD till they said they would would fix it (im testing in beta and its awesome, 60ly + is low hanging fruit) but I also like the Dolphin and that's my dilemma, Beta has kinda shown me its not just a "phase i'm going through" either...

Originally Posted by khaos526 View Post (Source)
    Making myself another couple of billion so I won't ever have to worry about saving for anything anymore and can just buy it when I want. Plus searching all the places I can to find a Federation station that has lots of local surface style missions for more Fed rep (still needing to do that).

But if really want to amuse yourself, you could try and find some of these things to do in various places:
    http://www.hozbase.co.uk/elitedanger...from/sol/30000
    Nice list of stuff, there's a few unknowns on there I can check out, I have credits stuffed in biscuit tins and under the carpets, I've never been a fan of large ships so anything I buy amounts to loose change knocking about, although I checked my assests the other day and it was crazy! I still remember when I was flying an Adder saving for an a class FSD!

Originally Posted by 13A/24B View Post (Source)
    13A is wandering around earning credits to buy a Dolphin and an Asp Scout (don't laugh!)

24B is parked up and waiting to buy a Dolphin.

13D is bimbling around in Beta, testing Dolphin builds.

In case you're wondering, I quite like the Dolphin
    well I only have the one xbox account, and I have PC access to beta where I have built an amazing Dolphin explorer! hence why I'm loitering! I did also roll a perfect 4A FSD the other day which will see an amazing Dolphin range! (thankfully on my xbox account)

just launch 2.3 live FD!

The DBx's LY meter has gone round the clock so to speak, although I wish we had them on ships , yeah its fixed - I kept on at FD till they said they would would fix it (im testing in beta and its awesome, 60ly + is low hanging fruit) but I also like the Dolphin and that's my dilemma, Beta has kinda shown me its not just a "phase i'm going through" either...
    ... just launch 2.3 live FD!
    looks as if we get a lot of dolphin explorers soon :-)

we should set up a shortrange expedition to some blue planetary nebula close by ...

and bring a lot of fish or Baltah'sine Vacuum Krill and them like.

Originally Posted by goemon View Post (Source)
    looks as if we get a lot of dolphin explorers soon :-)

we should set up a shortrange expedition to some blue planetary nebula close by ...

and bring a lot of fish or Baltah'sine Vacuum Krill and them like.
    yeah lots of fish!

I'm doing a short loop in the dolphin when 2.3 hits if your interested (xbox though)

Veil West Nebula

Veil East Nebula

Sadr Region

Pelican and North America Nebula

Cave Nebula

Elephants Trunk Nebula

NGC 7822

then ill possibly peel of towards the rift or maybe come home if I don't like the dolphin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast