Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So what "was" The Guardians?

Question So what "was" The Guardians?

So here we are, several months after the release of "Guardians", "Commanders" is about to drop and I still have no more idea what the Guardians are than I did the day it was released. What gameplay, what "Guardians" related content did players actually receive in Guardians for their $35+? A single cut-scene and some ruins? A new ship? SRVs/SLFs? Paint? Planets the color of turds? That's it? Hmmm.

Dunno, but winter is coming, Braben said so.

Originally Posted by JetsonRING View Post (Source)
    So here we are, several months after the release of "Guardians", "Commanders" is about to drop and I still have no more idea what the Guardians are than I did the day it was released. What gameplay, what "Guardians" related content did players actually receive in Guardians for their $35+? A couple of cut-scenes and some ruins? 1 new ship? SRVs/SLFs? Paint? That's it? Hmmm.
    The sad truth is, actual "Guardian" content is not ready for consumption yet, due to a plethora of bugs. Perhaps with the release of "Commanders"...

Main feature was for the station bulletin boards, you get free copies of The Guardian. Also The Independent if you're feeling extra depressed.

A cubic bum-load of text from a partially functional quest.

But at least it's interesting text.

Yeah I'd like to know as well.

Yep, it's got me beat too. I still haven't even been hyperdicted yet, let alone seen anything to do with some mob referred to as the Guardians. Seen stuff on youtube of course, but in game? Nope. Content that only a few get to experience I suppose.....but then it is just the tip of the iceberg where such content is concerned I guess, so hopefully as it expands, more of the content will be experienced by more people.

I like the fact that there is a mystery that is only slowly being unraveled.

Pedantic maybe but technically Guardians cost $ 8.75 ($35/4)

Not dipped my toes into the alien content yet, but SLF's worth that to me.

Originally Posted by Limoncello Lizard View Post (Source)
    Agreed. I will never find the time to participate in any meaningful way, but love reading everything about it.

An old alien race.
    LINK

I guess "Self Launched Fighters" would be better name for 2.2.

Originally Posted by mojonaut View Post (Source)
    Dunno, but winter is coming, Braben said so.
    Winter comes every year been happening since the seasons got set the way they did

Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)

Being even more pedantic, it cost $7.

35/5

Originally Posted by Ophion View Post (Source)
    I guess "Self Launched Fighters" would be better name for 2.2.
    To be honest I thought that was what 'Guardians' meant??

Carys is my guardian angel anyway ..

Never forget your Welsh :p

Originally Posted by Limoncello Lizard View Post (Source)
    I am not sure about you but personally think 6 months is too slow. And not just little bit too slow. There should be new stuff happening at least every other week related to all on going story lines +those should be re playable later date by new players and i would still call it slowly unrevealed. frontier them selves took this "on going story" approach. What they do now is definitely too slow as most forget the plot before next step, need community solve/only small amount of people can experience, and what about new players who start now or when playstation 4 version release. They have no context to anything or any way to catch up/learn/experience what have happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)

nope Guardians cost $ 12. The launch price for Horizon was $ 60 and it was sold months for that price. then 5 updates so $60/5=$12

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast