Thread: Food

Food

Yes, food.
    Your CMDR needs to stay alive, so he/she needs to eat. Why not add a food fee to keep your CMDR alive. Of course, for noobs, the Pilot's Federation would provide free ration packs. For explorers, a farm module could provide food, if you mined or prospected all the phosphourus and all the other stuff plants need. You could make water by fuel scooping oxygen from atmospheric planets and mixing it with the hydrogen from stars.

Like it?

Aside from more realism, how would this add to gameplay to balance or be greater than the inconvenience of something else to manage? There's a lot of things that aren't done in the game to make it more real because it would make the game more tedious, and we already see often debatable gripes about others that some feel are timesinks or padding.

You got a point.
    Could add more reason to land on planets. I bought Horizons, but don't land as much as I should.

I think the idea would be great. But I think there could be more to it. Let wait until we can land on earth like planets. So we can walk on planets. So players can hunt and find plants that we can harvest on our ships in a hydroponics bays
    CMDR Vercingertorix

Exploration Goal 6,000 to 10,000 systems.
    Current 4,000 system
    Hall 90% Power Plant 90%
    The risk is to pushing my ship to the limits with out destroying my self while exploring.

Basically, Elite: 7 Days To Die Edition?

I'd find my nearest snow planet, and stick 5,000 snow balls in my cargo hold to live off of forever.

7DTD Players will get the joke!

Some of my passengers requested fruit and veg on one mission, they only wanted one unit but that's a whole container load full for two people on a 30 minute trip. What the hell were they doing with it all?

Originally Posted by CMDR Heisenberg B. Damned View Post (Source)
    Some of my passengers requested fruit and veg on one mission, they only wanted one unit but that's a whole container load full for two people on a 30 minute trip. What the hell were they doing with it all?

Originally Posted by Lestat View Post (Source)
    I think the idea would be great. But I think there could be more to it. Let wait until we can land on earth like planets. So we can walk on planets. So players can hunt and find plants that we can harvest on our ships in a hydroponics bays
    Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    Right. I'm not cleaning up all that off the floor.