Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Firegroup Advice

Originally Posted by Guywired View Post (Source)
    I meant the trigger pull for your guns, you have to wait for that until it's resolved to see if they're wanted or not, regardless of the KWS.

The difference is that you like to do a full KWS on something BEFORE firing. To me it sounds like you're losing 6 seconds right there trying to complete the KWS before shooting. Just wait two seconds for the Wanted status to resolve and start shooting if they're Wanted. You save however much time it takes to do a full KWS and in a HRZ grind those times add up.
    If you are flying a Conda then yes....you frequently want to finish the KW scan before you open fire, an eagle or courier etc can get out of your arc at close range very quickly....while that isn't a problem for your turreted weapons which will keep tracking them it does stop your scan.

Obviously the other way round....flying a fighter against bigger ships it's not an issue as you can keep them in arc no problem.

Originally Posted by JonLuis69 View Post (Source)
    This had me laughing far more than it should have...I have visions of an exploding clock!

Name:  IMG_3830.GIF
Views: 35
Size:  838.9 KB

NO TIME FOR CLOCK ONLY MISSILE.

Originally Posted by tastyhotschmoes View Post (Source)
    I have spent the majority of my ED career as a trader. I decided i wanted to try my hand at Bounty Hunting.

I have a Cobra MK3 with the following Hardpoints and Utilities and need help arranging my fire groups:

2f Multi-Cannon (Gimballed)
    1g Burst Laser (Gimballed)
    Kill Warrant Scanner
    Frame Shift Wake Scanner
    2a Shield Cell Bank
    2a FSD Interdictor
    The thing to remember is that you can put hte scanners and the interdictor all on the same button and they'll work just fine. I have KWS+Manifest+Wake+Intedictor one one button. The SCB shouldn't be in a firegroup at all since it has it's own keybind and it's generally better to use that. Potentially you could have all this on one firegroup if you wanted to fire the MCs and the burst at the same time. Personally though I'd have two fire groups:

1: Busts + Scanners
    2. Busts + MCs

Originally Posted by Bond00789lol View Post (Source)
    Name:  IMG_3830.GIF
Views: 35
Size:  838.9 KB

NO TIME FOR CLOCK ONLY MISSILE.
    Think you meant to post this in the Trump/Syria thread.
    CMDR Guywired: XBL / Twitter / Port: Walker City / Anaconda: Void Breaker / Python: Astral Queen

For me, weapons of the same type go on the same trigger.

LT for lasers/RT for MCs. Missiles are in their own firegroup, as they are situational weapons. They go on RT, all of my scanners and other BS go on LT in the same firegroup

Chaff, SCBs, and head stinks are mapped to their own buttons, not in a firegroup.

Group 1
    LT: Lasers (or other, non-multicannon weapon) RT: Multicannons, FSD interdictor

Group 2
    LT: Discovery scanner, KWS/Wake scanner RT: Missiles (if equipped), FSD interdictor

Utilities, no firegroup

Chaff: LB+RB
    Heat sink: B+RB
    SCB: B+LB
    "Elite is a room full of legos. You can make fun with it, but there's no directions included. And if you try to just run through it, you're just going to end up cussing your head off as your feet are destroyed." --​ Ezren

Originally Posted by tastyhotschmoes View Post (Source)
    I have spent the majority of my ED career as a trader. I decided i wanted to try my hand at Bounty Hunting.

I have a Cobra MK3 with the following Hardpoints and Utilities and need help arranging my fire groups:

Kill Warrant Scanner
    Frame Shift Wake Scanner
    2a Shield Cell Bank
    2a FSD Interdictor
    Try,

FG 1 (have this as your default)
    Trigger 1 fsd interdictor
    Trigger 2 wake scanner

FG2
    Trigger 1 multicanons
    Trigger 2 lasers and kill warrant

Bind your scb to a switch it key.

Originally Posted by Cknarf View Post (Source)
    For me, weapons of the same type go on the same trigger.

LT for lasers/RT for MCs. Missiles are in their own firegroup, as they are situational weapons. They go on RT, all of my scanners and other BS go on LT in the same firegroup

Chaff, SCBs, and head stinks are mapped to their own buttons, not in a firegroup.

Group 1
    LT: Lasers (or other, non-multicannon weapon) RT: Multicannons, FSD interdictor

Group 2
    LT: Discovery scanner, KWS/Wake scanner RT: Missiles (if equipped), FSD interdictor

Utilities, no firegroup

Chaff: LB+RB
    Heat sink: B+RB
    SCB: B+LB
    I do this, but also factoring where the hardpoint is on my ship.

Above the waterline will get one group, below the water line will get the other group.
    CMDR Guywired: XBL / Twitter / Port: Walker City / Anaconda: Void Breaker / Python: Astral Queen

Originally Posted by Guywired View Post (Source)
    I do this, but also factoring where the hardpoint is on my ship.

Above the waterline will get one group, below the water line will get the other group.
    I've done something similar by placing the MC's so they can all hit any targets "below" the ship and the bursts so they can mainly target the ones above....once their shield's down just roll to present the MC's. Nose on they can all fire.

I'd perhaps consider changing one of your gimballed weapons for a fixed one or seeker missiles. If your target starts spamming chaff (as higher ranked npc's love to do) it can become a frustrating effort to kill them.
    XBox Gamertag: brenfitz83 Twitter: LostLegend_UK

Sag A* Visitor - 65kLY From Sol Club - Join 'Deep Recon X'

Originally Posted by Diceman199 View Post (Source)
    I've done something similar by placing the MC's so they can all hit any targets "below" the ship and the bursts so they can mainly target the ones above....once their shield's down just roll to present the MC's. Nose on they can all fire.
    Exactly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123