Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.3 Beta 4 Changelog

Originally Posted by peppi View Post (Source)
    yeah i understand that you are saying this just took a look at your profile that make sense join date 06/12/2013
    you had all the benefits the last couple of years
    and ofcourse you took full advantage of that
    doing all the stacking missions to get your rankings up and make a whole lot of credits to buy all the ships and outfitting

so when you are content with this why dont you delete your complete profile in the game and start all over
    then we will talk again hahahahahahaha
    i will bet you that you wont do that considdering the non stacking these days

o yeah before anybody start again i also had my share of benifits but thats not the point
    the point is having fun and like to play and a lot of fun has been taking out this way
    Didn't they put a 3 mission cap on Massacre missions in 2.3?

Originally Posted by isokix View Post (Source)
    Hmmm, tried a reload and seems to be the same. Does anyone else's honker still work ?
    Nope - my Honk is broken, and so is the sound of the scanner.... scanning!!

Worth posting here since I don't think it was in the changelog ...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ms-box-is-Gone!

I can confirm my honk is also broken.

Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    Didn't they put a 3 mission cap on Massacre missions in 2.3?
    dont know about that up until last week i was having a ball and lots of fun in the CZ with stacking missions up to 108 ships killing for alot of credits
    but its not about the credits its about the 108 ships that was the fun to stay in the CZ for 2 up to 4 hours and keep shooting and staying alive together with my taipans do exploring to find materials for the reloading of the multiguns
    ofcourse now there will be people who say well go into the zones and kill even without the bonus yeah shure the rebuy of my ship is alot of credits and the outfitting pfffff abnormal
    so the bonus counts to but that was not the main thing

its a game and somehow some people are stuck in between reality and fiction
    for me a game should be endless fun and to be honnest the fun factor is seriously reduced at the moment for those who like the fighting aspect of the game
    i dont care about trading and certenly dont give a rats a-ss about exploring then i fall a sleep "done that been there never again"

so whats next ? bounty hunting in hazerdous ? find another game ? go back to batlefield and games like that ?
    then its a shame, awaste of time and money and i do really became to lave the game after a incredible boring start with just a sidewinder
    i play games since the first game was launched some of you may know the game but most of you dont and i have never been in a position like now and so disapointed in a game like now

I noticed that you can now view all locked cash-shop outfits on your character in holo-me now before you buy - was this in beta 3?
    Way better than browsing a web-store and trying to imagine it in-game!

They really should do this for ship paint jobs too!! Soon?

Please, FDev give us access to Enhanced drives at Black Hide

I know I already wrote this, but please: Add option to save several versions of the avatar!

I know this has been mentioned before, but it's still not completing installing via the launcher. It seems fine when I click upgrade, then the progress bar gets all the way along, the transfer speed sits at 0.02 MB/s and the time left indicator sits at <1m Where it sits and sits .. etc.

I have tried deleting the PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64 folder and re-downloading, same thing. The only fix I have found is to wait for a while after it appears to get stuck, quit the launcher, then go into the PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER_64 directory and delete Versioninfo.txt and rename Versioninfo.txt.new to Versioninfo.txt then restart the launcher then everything seems fine when I restart the launcher.

Never had this issue with any previous expansion until 2.3

But hey, not to end on a down note, the stuttering problems I've since the beta of 2.2 when dropping out of supercruise, especially around stations, and when docking / undocking have now *completely* been eradicated and everything is gloriously smooth as silk!

Same. No honk here, I'm missing that familiar sound already!

Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post (Source)
    Same. No honk here, I'm missing that familiar sound already!
    I could live without it - and can imagine a much better replace. I always found this over-dramatic mega honk pretty ridiculous.
    After all it's just a scanner with a sound that any self-respecting explorer will hear many thousand times...

Originally Posted by Sphinx2k View Post (Source)
    I noticed that you can now view all locked cash-shop outfits on your character in holo-me now before you buy - was this in beta 3?
    Way better than browsing a web-store and trying to imagine it in-game!

They really should do this for ship paint jobs too!! Soon?
    Originally Posted by march topcat View Post (Source)
    I know I already wrote this, but please: Add option to save several versions of the avatar!
    +1 to both of these reqs.

Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    More specifically; "Added new ship naming popup in livery".

Does this mean players will get basic font for/and ship naming in the Livery without having to pay for it when it goes live? A mate of mine said that if basic ship naming isn't provided for free (no fancy stuff, just basic font and ship naming on the hull), then he will not be making any further purchases in the Frontier store, nor will he be buying the next expansion (whenever that is after 2.4) - I do agree with him myself, and would also boycott any further purchases if this isn't the case.
    If you and your friend want to miss out on the rest of Elite Dangerous just because they need to continue earning money, then sorry for your bad luck. Your choice. Myself I don't mind paying a couple to 3 quid for some cosmetics that usually only I will see. People will still be able to see your ship's name when they lock on and do a basic identity scan. But hey, you want to cut off your nose to spite your face, knock yourself out.

Yup, no honk for me in Update 4 either. This now sits on top of the apparent sound problems with ship target scanner (no crescendo to indicate progress) and the SRV Wave Scanner (can hardly hear any of the old, familiar sounds anymore to discern different 'objects' of interest). Are these additional two actual bugs? If so, has anyone already reported?

Originally Posted by peppi View Post (Source)
    you had all the benefits the last couple of years
    and ofcourse you took full advantage of that#
    i know this was not directed at me, however I just want to make 100% clear.. not everyone who has been here since the start took advantage of the HUGE holes in the games economoy.. indeed many of us actively try to dodge them.

back at the start of the game earning money was actually a skill, and indeed it was more than possible to LOSE money on a mission if you chose the wrong ship for the job and took too much damage etc.

To be fair at launc hteh game was maybe a little too tight on the money once you looked at ships beyond the T6.. up to the T6 however.. the economy was balanced far better imo than the game is now.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast