Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 102 of 102

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.3 Beta 4 Changelog

  1. #91
    Originally Posted by peppi View Post (Source)
    gotcha m8 and i understand what you are saying but you must agree that with a armour that cost arround 450 mil missions with 1 mill credits wont cut it
    and maybe 10% is like you but the other 90% just took it as much as they could get and now they are playing the hypocrites

    then the rankings pffffff man that took me a couple of weeks just to get the rankings for the corvette and then you must buy the corvette with all bells and lights for arround 500 mill without the armour
    finnally got and then it fly's like a piece of concrete in a pool of cement and is blasted away by anaconda's
    but ofcourse thats normal i blast the mercedes 500 sl amg completly gone with my daihatsu cuore so thats not new in this world
    I shall reply withh the much despised " Maybe this game is not for you...."
    I have played for 2,5 years, I do own a corvette. Your Forum join date is not even 6 months. You ranked also to rear Admiral. And you complain ?
    I seriously can not take your viewpoint seriously, it reeks imo too much of insta-gratification. I predict you will not play this game in 2 months time. When the exploits have been closed, many will do as you: Leave. The game is a long haul from Sidey to Corvette, and many are not prepared for that. And when they end there, there is no pot of gold, no cheering crowds...
    But each to his own...

    Cheers Cmdr's

  2. #92
    Originally Posted by peppi View Post (Source)
    gotcha m8 and i understand what you are saying but you must agree that with a armour that cost arround 450 mil missions with 1 mill credits wont cut it
    and maybe 10% is like you but the other 90% just took it as much as they could get and now they are playing the hypocrites

    then the rankings pffffff man that took me a couple of weeks just to get the rankings for the corvette and then you must buy the corvette with all bells and lights for arround 500 mill without the armour
    finnally got and then it fly's like a piece of concrete in a pool of cement and is blasted away by anaconda's
    but ofcourse thats normal i blast the mercedes 500 sl amg completly gone with my daihatsu cuore so thats not new in this world
    i cant speak for anyone else buy myself sorry.. but for me, i still want there to be ships i cant afford to fully deck out in 2 years and another 1000hrs time. its like triple elite, some are happy when they get it. i dread it happening as my enjoyment for the game is the journey to gettting all the "stuff". once i have got all the "stuff"... who knows.

    as for your car analogy.... there will always be extremes of course but my nissan 350z which i sold (it broke my heart) for a mere £6750.......... would give a lot of performance cars 5x the price a very good run for their money.

    and a guy i know, his TVR cerbera 4.5l monster worth about £13000 eats porsches and aston martins for breakfast...... indeed a few years ago topgear did a drag strip race with the (slower) 4.2l cerbera and it beat............... everything.

    money is not everything for cars (but it helps)... not sure why it should be for ships either (but again, it does help )

  3. #93
    Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    money is not everything for cars (but it helps)... not sure why it should be for ships either (but again, it does help )
    One issue is that all ships are too samey - doesn't matter Sidewinder or Anaconda, they're all multi-purpose dog-fighting. Ok, some are better at one thing than another, but the differences are not that huge.

    The big ships should be significantly different to fly and fight in. There should also be ships which can and can't land on planetary surfaces (hopefully atmospherics will change that). Basically, there should be significant decisions and trade-offs to be made as to which ship to buy and fly, rather than just getting the biggest you can afford.

    Going to the cars analogy; a high-end semi will cost the equivalent (or more) than a sportscar, and a tank significantly more than either, but they each have a totally different purpose, so there's no point at all in comparing them only because they both cost X pounds. You can't sling a semi around Silverstone (at least not in any sort of record-breaking time), nor can you carry 15 tons of steaks in a sportscar. So why are all ships in ED almost the same? The original Elite documentation hinted at significant differences and benefits between the ships (even though you could only ever fly the Cobra3); it's a shame this wasn't explored more.

  4. #94
    Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post (Source)
    I was able to stack a full 20 data missions and >3 haulage so I think it's just the scanning and massacre that are limited to 3 since objectives count for all missions
    That'd be great, if that was the case. It's still a rough grind even being able to stack mission's.

  5. #95
    Enough Beta. I wish to play now.

  6. #96
    Any ETA for beta ending ?

  7. #97
    Originally Posted by sedilbur View Post (Source)
    Any ETA for beta ending ?
    At least one more beta (Beta 5). Probably tomorrow. So at least another week is my guess.

  8. #98
    ugh,,,,,, im an xbox player and im looking foward to all the cool things ,,i feel like im waiting for Xmass so i can open that big box withe the shinny paper and big red bow

  9. #99
    Is it me, or can the gunner get the helm killed pretty quickly by disabling the shields and FSD while in the middle of a firefighter? Or shooting a station while docking ? I haven't had the nerve to try it in Beta, but it certainly looks like the gunner could...

    If so, won't this be a huge problem in production when bankers and the like can become gunners?

  10. #100
    Originally Posted by Comrade Napoleon View Post (Source)
    I shall reply withh the much despised " Maybe this game is not for you...."
    I have played for 2,5 years, I do own a corvette. Your Forum join date is not even 6 months. You ranked also to rear Admiral. And you complain ?
    I seriously can not take your viewpoint seriously, it reeks imo too much of insta-gratification. I predict you will not play this game in 2 months time. When the exploits have been closed, many will do as you: Leave. The game is a long haul from Sidey to Corvette, and many are not prepared for that. And when they end there, there is no pot of gold, no cheering crowds...
    But each to his own...

    Cheers Cmdr's
    yeahh maybe it isnt
    how many hours do you have played in those 2.5 years ?
    like i wrote before my average was 160 hour p 2 weeks (minimum) from the first day i started playing so do the math

    HEY DEVS DID YOU READ THAT ????? MANY WIL DO LIKE ME AND LEAVE !!!!!!!
    Exactly my point they are killing the game
    And for FD its all about the money dont even think otherwise or you are stuck in your VR
    These updates are only ment for keeping players longer and let them spend more money the side effect how ever is the opposit and they make the game less atractive

    Just think about it buying the game is no problem everyone can do that then they start playing with theire keyboard and find that the progress is none and that the start of the game is absolutly boring
    Do you think they will spend another 250€ on a X56 i dont think so
    result = lost customer

    by the way did you think about what would happen if the players numbers drop under a certain level ?
    exactly kiss the game goodby

    so i would suggest for everybody instead of pointing a finger at a big tub of credits wanting players to think outside the box
    its not about credits the game is about having fun and to have fun you need some kind of level to get there you need some level of credits to gain credits you need some level of rankings and so on and so on

  11. #101
    A friend of mine started playing and owned a Conda within two weeks or so. He's playing with mouse and keyboard, like I did for a long time. No problems on this end.
    Hey, perhaps this game just isn't for you, huh?

  12. #102
    Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    ..
    Multicrew
    ...
    • Prevented crew from jettisoning cargo which could cause their cargo hold to be inconsistent with the helm
    ...

    Interesting - maybe goes someway to explaining some of the limitations of MuC ... or I could just be inferring too much.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567