Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter 167

Does anybody still read this ?

Apologies to the person who actually has to spend time to put it together, you are probably restricted on its format and content and consequently it's pretty uninspiring.

And why are all the paint jobs except a tiny proportion always for the smaller ships?

The newsletter is a snooze fest.

Originally Posted by Yaffle View Post (Source)
    Ugg.This new formatting thing is a right pain to get into forum-friendly format. Apologies I hope you can read it.
    On my Sony Z5 (Android 7) using Chrome, it only showed the left side of the news. Putting your phone on desktop mode made it readable though . Cheers

Originally Posted by Jabezz View Post (Source)
    Does anybody still read this ?

Apologies to the person who actually has to spend time to put it together, you are probably restricted on its format and content and consequently it's pretty uninspiring.

And why are all the paint jobs except a tiny proportion always for the smaller ships?

The newsletter is a snooze fest.
    ... In your opinion.
    ... In many other opinions... Yes, a lot of people do read the news. It's great to have weekly updates and helps engage the community on what people are doing and events in general.

I know what you mean about paint jobs but presume Frontier release the paint jobs based on player ship numbers

Originally Posted by Sonof Hibachi View Post (Source)
    Erm, in the double sunset piccy, isn't one of the suns a floodlight? Just sayin'...
    Yes.... Yes it is... Man that was sloppy. Do they even really look at the pictures before they use them? Or do they just glance at thumbnails before hastily slapping together a newsletter 5 minutes before the deadline?

More ship skins... yay........ I have plenty of ships for my cobra and eagle, what I don't have is anything (worthwhile) for my anaconda and fighters.
    Frontier should make some basic tools for creating skins, publish them, then let the user base start making stuff. Hire a person or two to check for inappropriate designs (which get discarded) then have the user base vote on favorites, polish those up a little and sell them in the store. Sell them for less than FD skins and give the artist(s) a commission for every purchase (in store credit).

'"More pirate Paint jobs" we hear you cry.'

I don't remember anyone ever asking for more pirate paint jobs. Personally every time I visit this forum it's usually to complain that FD are doing nothing about the game's serious flaws, and are implementing nothing whatsoever by way of exploration options and all of the other things players have been crying out for since Kickstarter. By all means ruin our wonderful game with funless gimmicks that no one asked for, like faction pledging, unique ship upgrades, and now character avatars, but don't go putting words in people's mouths.

'In dealing with any alien life-form, for the purposes of trade, there are three cardinal rules:
    Learn the body language of the alien race
    Cover up your body scent
    Beware of Carapace concealed weapons.'

Originally Posted by Commander Diffin View Post (Source)
    '"More pirate Paint jobs" we hear you cry.'

I don't remember anyone ever asking for more pirate paint jobs. Personally every time I visit this forum it's usually to complain that FD are doing nothing about the game's serious flaws, and are implementing nothing whatsoever by way of exploration options and all of the other things players have been crying out for since Kickstarter. By all means ruin our wonderful game with funless gimmicks that no one asked for, like faction pledging, unique ship upgrades, and now character avatars, but don't go putting words in people's mouths.
    It's worth remembering there are over 2 million people you're representing if saying people haven't asked. The requests could have come from various sources like here, youtube, reddit and direct requests. Which places have you checked mate and what number/percentage of the +2 million are you representing?

Originally Posted by CMDR Evolution View Post (Source)
    It's worth remembering there are over 2 million people you're representing if saying people haven't asked. The requests could have come from various sources like here, youtube, reddit and direct requests. Which places have you checked mate and what number/percentage of the +2 million are you representing?
    Don't call me 'mate' I'm not your mate. And I'm not the one putting words into people's mouths. How many of the 2 million were crying out for pirate paint jobs? How many people were saying: 'Oh I want more pirate paint jobs that's just what this game needs'? Have you counted them? If you counted 10,000 that would be half of a per cent. And so what.

'In dealing with any alien life-form, for the purposes of trade, there are three cardinal rules:
    Learn the body language of the alien race
    Cover up your body scent
    Beware of Carapace concealed weapons.'

Originally Posted by Commander Diffin View Post (Source)
    Don't call me 'mate' I'm not your mate. And I'm not the one putting words into people's mouths. How many of the 2 million were crying out for pirate paint jobs? How many people were saying: 'Oh I want more pirate paint jobs that's just what this game needs'? Have you counted them? If you counted 10,000 that would be half of a per cent. And so what.
    Wow mate, you're simple aren't you? I'll call you mate if I want to BTW, just because your rude though, I now choose not to. You're clearly a challenged individual. Why are you asking me similar questions to what I asked you? I was asking you to back up your blatant lie and you clearly cant. Do you think that by avoiding questions, your giving yourself more credibility? Haha Step back for a second and analyse the situation before you lose any last remaining respect anyone might have:
    1) You said 2 million people haven't requested paint jobs.
    2) I asked which players you represent from the 2m.
    3) Your defence is to be rude, then ask me to do your research?

Hahaha jog on. Stop spreading false information, that's 'so what'

Originally Posted by CMDR Evolution View Post (Source)
    Wow mate, you're simple aren't you? I'll call you mate if I want to BTW, just because your rude though, I now choose not to. You're clearly a challenged individual. Why are you asking me similar questions to what I asked you? I was asking you to back up your blatant lie and you clearly cant. Do you think that by avoiding questions, your giving yourself more credibility? Haha Step back for a second and analyse the situation before you lose any last remaining respect anyone might have:
    1) You said 2 million people haven't requested paint jobs.
    2) I asked which players you represent from the 2m.
    3) Your defence is to be rude, then ask me to do your research?

Hahaha jog on. Stop spreading false information, that's 'so what'
    Commander Diffin is rude, but he's right. A lot of players are disappointed for a long time and almost do not play the game. They read the news and see that everything is still bad. Players have been asked many times to make some important changes in the game. I think they have a right to be rude.

And those players who are happy with every nonsense actually ruin the game. Only an open letter from most players can change the situation and save the game.

p.s Sorry for my English

I can´t help but wonder why FDev keep creating new paintjobs for the Cobra Mk III although there are like 40 available already. Why not make some paintjobs for the ships that only have like 4 packs available?

Did they just release new ones? I can't find anything new in the store.....

we need new outfits for our pilots too

Originally Posted by Wobblin-Gobblin View Post (Source)
    https://www.frontierstore.net/game-e...aint-pack.html

I think those are the new ones for today, which sucks. Frontier seem to be keeping all the cool new ship kits, etc. for when 2.3 drops.

Originally Posted by Scruffman View Post (Source)
    https://www.frontierstore.net/game-e...aint-pack.html

I think those are the new ones for today, which sucks. Frontier seem to be keeping all the cool new ship kits, etc. for when 2.3 drops.
    Another pirate-kit? Meh......

Another pirate-kit? Meh......
    It seems Pirates got a bufff!

I expect there will be some lovely Imperial Eagle ones coming (with green, red, purple and mauve neons) ..
    either soon TM or, any minute now dot com ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast