Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter 167

Newsletter 167

Here we go, all the news new and approved, it's the reason slightly unpredictable mailing lists were invented, it's THE NEWSLETTER!

TRAPPIST-1 has arrived in the Elite Dangerous 2.3 Beta
    NEWSLETTER #167

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

TRAPPIST-1 has arrived into the beta! Acknowledging this monumental discovery in the Elite Dangerous Galaxy has been a pleasure, we've no doubt you'll enjoy exploring the system. Along with this exciting update, we're bringing you new pirate paint jobs and a thrilling community expedition to join.

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

TRAPPIST-1 ARRIVES IN THE 2.3 BETA

Last month, off the back of the amazing discovery from NASA, we confirmed that the TRAPPIST-1 system would be accurately represented in Elite Dangerous.

We're pleased to confirm that this update has been made to the 2.3 beta and is now in the cosmos for you to explore to your heart's content.

Video maestro, ObsidianAnt, has put together an excellent video taking us on a tour around TRAPPIST-1, perfect for those of you who just can't wait to jump in and explore yourself.

Livestream Lowdown
    Catch up with videos from the community team

THE COMMANDERS Q&A

Sandy returned this week to join Ed in answering loads of your questions about the latest update "The Commanders". There's tons of great insight into what's in store in the next few weeks - Tune in and have your questions answered.
    LET'S PLAY IN OPEN

Sandy wasn't the only one to join Ed this week. Steve Kirby, in holographic form, came along to jump into Open Play to show off some of The Commanders 2.3 features and update us on Colonia.

STORE SPOTLIGHT
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store

MORE PAINT JOBS ARRR HERE

"More pirate Paint jobs" we hear you cry. You got it! If you're piloting a Cobra Mk III or an Eagle, pirate paint is now available in a whole host of colors for you to dominate the Galaxy in.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

THE AZOPHI EXPEDITION

The Explorer's Consortium are preparing to set off on an expedition across the stars, seeking out the spectacular in some lesser known locations in the Galaxy.

To join them, you can sign up on this Google form and to get all the details head over to the dedicated forum post.

PAX EAST VLOG WITH
    CMDR JOSH HAWKINS

Have you ever wondered what it's like to come to event and hang out with the Frontier Developments Team? Now you don't have to!

The amazing CMDR Josh Hawkins captured his entire PAX East weekend is this great Vlog for you all to enjoy.

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy

PERPETRATORS OF HEIST IDENTIFIED

Three of the individuals responsible for the recent theft of meta-alloys from Darnielle’s Progress have been identified as Commander Salomé, also known as Kahina Tijani Loren, Raan Corsen and Tsu Annabelle Singh. The Empire has placed sizable bounties on these individuals. Imperial military sources said these individuals should be considered armed and dangerous.
    ALECTRONA IMPERIAL SOCIETY OPERATION SUCCEEDS

The Alectrona Imperial Society has announced that its appeal for construction materials has reached a successful conclusion. A spokesperson thanked those who supported the operation. Pilots who contributed to the initiative can now collect their rewards from Yurchikhin Station in the Andhrimi system.
    RESTORING ORDER IN LIDPAR

The Union of Lidpar Green Party has placed a kill order on all wanted ships operating in the Lid system, and has promised to reward pilots who deliver bounty vouchers to Carlisle Station. In addition, the Union of Lidpar Green Party has promised to reward pilots who deliver battle weapons, reactive armour and advanced medicines to Carlisle Station, to support local security forces.
    Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on

RESTORE ORDER IN LIDPAR
    SUPPORT
    Carlisle Station, Lidpar

Earn rewards by delivering Battle Weapons, Reactive Armour and Advanced Medicines to Carlisle Station in the Lidpar system.
    RESTORE ORDER IN LIDPAR
    COMBAT

Carlisle Station, Lidpar

Earn rewards by handing in Bounty Vouchers at Carlisle Station in the Lidpar system.

COLONIA MIGRATION APPEAL CONTINUES
    Jaques Station, Colonia
    Earn your faction a place in the Colonia Nebula by delivering Galactic Travel Guides to Jaques Station in the Colonia system.
    Comms Chatter
    A round up of this week's community content

DUAL SUNSET

There’s nothing more beautiful than watching a sunset at the end of a beautiful day… unless there are two of them at the same time, that is… as Cnmvinm found when taking this screenshot.

PRETTY PROSPECTING

Picking ringed planets to mine on is glorious as Ztoundas shared over on Reddit.

See you in the black, Commanders

The Frontier Developments Team

Copyright © 2016 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England, CB4 0WG, UK

Ugg.This new formatting thing is a right pain to get into forum-friendly format. Apologies I hope you can read it.
    http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p14/WC_Yaffle/yafflesig2_zps1f3a9858.png

Erm, in the double sunset piccy, isn't one of the suns a floodlight? Just sayin'...

Originally Posted by Sonof Hibachi View Post (Source)
    Erm, in the double sunset piccy, isn't one of the suns a floodlight? Just sayin'...
    Yes, I think you're right.

Amazing shot

Disappointed there's no mention of a release date for 2.3. I'd argue that's what we're (well, at least some us are....) crying out for, not more pirate paintjobs. Thanks for the newsletter all the same though.

Originally Posted by JosiahD View Post (Source)
    Disappointed there's no mention of a release date for 2.3. I'd argue that's what we're (well, at least some us are....) crying out for, not more pirate paintjobs. Thanks for the newsletter all the same though.
    I think FD usually announces patch releases during livestreams. Newsletters are like a weeks summary.
    Nice new paintjobs though *cries in imperial* .

Originally Posted by JosiahD View Post (Source)
    Beta5 will drop first, so doubt it will be next week.

I received it this afternoon in my mailbox. Nice paints job and beautiful pictures also. Thanks Frontier

Hooray for everything. \o/

Flimley

"More pirate Paint jobs" we hear you cry. You got it! If you're piloting a Cobra Mk III or an Eagle, pirate paint is now available in a whole host of colors for you to dominate the Galaxy in.
    We do not cry ..
    Your camouflage is not pirated, but a copy of the old kamo stretched to another ship.
    ___

Why not do it like this:

or

At least some variety in a continuous stream of dies

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(
    Thank you!
    [URL="http://inara.cz/cmdr/4947"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    Beta5 will drop first, so doubt it will be next week.
    My guess is that Beta 5 will be the last one. Probably will drop on Monday (UK time). They'll probably go live before next weekend I reckon.....as everything is *mostly* good as of Beta 4. Just a few minor bugs to iron out!

While this is all good i must say i liked news letter's 165 and 166 better

Could the Newsletter perhaps just be on a webpage? A weekly blog? FD could send us a reminder with the link and a headline every Friday. It would resolve formatting issues, provide better archiving, and enable curious people to read them without signing up or trawling forums.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast