Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 2.3 exploration payouts + visual guide

Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post (Source)
    No one knows, because no one scans them...

Z...
    The landable ones are the only ones I do scan (if I'm looking for mats that can be found on them).

Thumbs up

OP, thanks for all your work to make this chart! this is awesome

Thanks CMDR_Fru for your effort!!!!

CMDR FRU Kudos for effort.
    Your terr. water world is showing 694,971
    Today, I got a first Terrestial Water world and the payout was 255,789 with a bonus of 127,894 It was also terraformable
    It is C1 in System Smojai ES-K B8-3 (2 earth masses)
    Would you like to check on the galaxy map and see if it is a correct amount, or if the payouts have changed?

There a quite a few threads on explo payouts, so I would like to know if anything has changed. (I'm not worried about the amount. Only accuracy)

edit: Another water world terraformable only 0.2 earth masses. I got 614,198 for it. No bonus.

Originally Posted by Mike Reacher View Post (Source)
    Your terr. water world is showing 694,971
    Today, I got a first Terrestial Water world and the payout was 255,789 with a bonus of 127,894 It was also terraformable
    694k is a "full bonus" terraformable water world of a good size.

Terraforming candidate payouts are the same as the base planet (a well defined function of planet type and mass) and a terraforming bonus on top - which is also based on a well defined function of planet type and mass but is then multiplied by a factor that can be a large number of values between 0 and 1 - mostly 0.9 or more though. You look to have hit one of the little to no bonus worlds of which there are a few.

What controls that multiplier is not currently well understood. See this thread for a more detailed breakdown of the formulae and discussion of the terraforming bonus.

A couple of "stealth" Ammonia World pics, that are missing from the OP:

And a couple of "stealth" Water World pics, that are missing from the OP:

Estimated payout by system

Hello Commanders!

Thought I would use the OP visual reference and combine that with data from EDDB in an attempt to calculate what a system might be worth using the three different scanning levels.

The file linked below has been stripped down to fit into Google Sheets as I was unable to upload a 22MB file here at the forum. Basically, I built a table to hold all of the values from the OP visual guide and then mapped those values based to the bodies_recently.jsonl data from EDDB. After that, I calculated totals by system using EDDB's systems_recently.csv file. I did take into account terraformability (or terraformableness?)

Total value of a given system is based on attaining maximum value per body so YMMV. Also, to keep the file size down, I limited the final upload to systems with a value of 50,000 or higher only.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Maybe someone will find this useful. Might be interesting to plot a route to capitalize on the systems with the highest potential value. I have no plans to do that but it would be interesting. Maybe someone can find a 500LY trip that will yield Elite Explorer when the run is completed.

CMDR FreneticFitz

Made a small improvement to the spreadsheet: You can now enter your current coordinates and the page will auto-calculate distances to each system in the list and highlight in a soothing green any system within 100LY of your current position. To get coordinates for your current system, just use EDDB | Systems and enter your system name. Once on the system page, copy the coordinates and paste into cell N5. After pasting in your coordinates, sort column G in ascending order to see what is close to you and whether it is worthy of a trip to go scan the system.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112