Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.3 Beta 5 Change Log

Originally Posted by Kyokushin View Post (Source)
    I don't care of player avatars, they are ugly in most as their owners in RL. I am not seeying them often (fortunately).

I prefer to see NPC avatars because they are communicating to me in most.
    Imperial pilots should be different than Federal navy, and of course characteristic pirates, traders, and other, they all should be different but similar at some point by group.
    I absolutely agree with you, but keep in mind that such a change is way to much effort for a beta patch. Keep asking for it and we may see it in 2.4, but don't expect anything for 2.3. I think it's better to turn them off until (if) we see real NPC faces.

(non-beta pleb here)
    -is "the honk" back ?
    -did they fix instafail yet ?

Originally Posted by equex View Post (Source)
    (non-beta pleb here)
    -is "the honk" back ?
    -did they fix instafail yet ?
    Instafail appears to be already fixed in live - it was a server-side problem.

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    YES! That was the big one I was really hoping they;d fix.

Whats the point of showing an individual's face if they aren't individual but just generic clones?
    THe point is to make RNG, 'faction' specific, faces. Different to empire/federation, and maybe also characteristic to PP region.
    How do You think, we really want to see a clones?

Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    Your words. So much truth.

Lol, awesome!

Looks awful, glad it's gone.

Like Daft Punk with tourettes

Originally Posted by fennster View Post (Source)
    I think so... It wasn't great. Like Daft Punk with tourettes.

http://i.imgur.com/LVYpFp6.jpg

I don't care of player avatars, they are ugly in most as their owners in RL. I am not seeying them often (fortunately).

I prefer to see NPC avatars because they are communicating to me in most.
    Imperial pilots should be different than Federal navy, and of course characteristic pirates, traders, and other, they all should be different but similar at some point by group.
    Totally agree, this is imersion breaker , it's allways nice to see character faces. Frontier please fix it!!
    Edit:
    Animated gifs would be even better like in Freespace 2
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL4...&v=XcDNmNvtceU

Originally Posted by CMDR Dreamstate View Post (Source)
    Your words. So much truth.

Still better than Yours

I'm sorry to see the faces go. I think a better solution would have been to show NPC faces, not helmets. Maybe the algorithm is too slow to generate them on the fly, but perhaps a low-priority background thread could pre-generate a list of faces when we're at stations, in supercruise, etc. Save them to disk and they'd be ready to roll as needed. Authority ships could always use helmets to save computation time. Or at least show faces for individual mission targets. It helps make combat and other interactions in space feel more personal.

Edit: How about DD/MM for dates?

Nice fixes

This one caught my attention

Bounty Vouchers and Combat Bonds are now awarded to MultiCrew members based on their combat rank

Does this mean rewards are split in some kind of ratio?

Also does the same apply to a wing also?

Originally Posted by Voz View Post (Source)
    What's the background to

"Bounty Vouchers and Combat Bonds are now awarded to MultiCrew members based on their combat rank" ?

How is this being split?
    I'd be interested in some background to this too.

I assume it is to limit experienced players using Multicrew to rain credits on new players or alt accounts.

Thank you. Really enjoy going into a friends ship and vice versa. Great to have a CMDR flying cover in our fighters. Keep up the great work.

This version is much more stable. Lighting in starports seems to be better as well.
    A lot of effort went into this beta patch.
    Although I wish I can choose the ships we can join for multicrew.

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    Fixed an error where the massacre illegal blops mission was not spawning the correct mission targets
    I hate illegal blops... kill them all!

Why they turned it off?

It was an great option to see NPC faces in comm panel.
    Because they can't provide as ui customization options (for some reason). Seeing same npc face over and over again wasn't good feature and made chat box a lot less usable than in live (messages took so much room that only few messages in box at one which meant having/following discussion between players was pretty much impossible because of npc messages over flooding the chat.) Its better now after npc faces are removed. Tho options would be good as i want also remove player avatars (the images look bad and out of place to me) and they make chat less useful than it was before (same as with npc pictures). It may look nicer with pictures but it work worse as a chat and communication tool than it does in 2.2.03. Doing mass player meet ups in game will be a lot messier because fewer messages can be in chat same time so following discussion will be harder.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast