Page 23 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Petition to revert rank based rewards of bounty vouchers

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    Do you always feel everyone is talking about you?
    it was an example

...isn't sure what's going on.
    Knock it off please.

Discuss the post not the poster.

I've got this radical thought: it's Frontier's game, they should design it however the hell they want it. I hope the whining here gets ignored.

Originally Posted by Whitehair View Post (Source)
    when reading and following this thread, where it has been stated that this issue and petition has been spread around various social media in an effort to raise support for the petition, I see lots of posts made by accounts that are new. This, amount of new accounts made expressly for the purpose of posting in this thread, raises serious questions (to me at least) about the foundation of the opposition being promoted.
    In my case my account on the forum is mostly unused, because from the beta backer stage, I've seen how much "attention" the devs gave to the massive amount of brainstorming, and the community handing over ideas, concepts, game mechanics, with technical details outlined, handed over on a silver platter and so most of the times, I feel like I waste my breath on the forums and so I prefer Reddit, because - forgive the expression - "dumb" concepts disappearing quickly (sometimes good ones too because it isn't flawless) and the proper discussions don't get buried in a metric ton of mile-long replies.

For example this supposedly is a petition thread, yet a bunch of replies are arguing the reasoning posted along with the "signed" comment.

It isn't the purpose of this thread, but seeing how this is presently on the forum just underlining why I generally don't use the forum.

It's not that big of a stretch to see how a bunch of redditors registering new forum accounts simply because the petition was started here - granted, possibly not the best way to do this - so they could sign it.

This however doesn't mean that there's some evil plan in the background, it's just the topic is "hot enough" to be a reason for said people to go through the registration. (Heck even I had to reset my password, because I use the forum "so often" I always forget my password between two occasions)

Originally Posted by jefranklin18 View Post (Source)
    I've got this radical thought: it's Frontier's game, they should design it however the hell they want it. I hope the whining here gets ignored.
    Iv also got a Radical Thought... it's called feedback. and anyone can give it. and btw the "whining" began here I think: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...d-on-your-rank

Originally Posted by Darkstar2345 View Post (Source)
    Iv also got a Radical Thought... it's called feedback. and anyone can give it.
    I think FD wouldnt mind feedback, if it came in the way normal beta feedback goes. FD identified an obvious problem with previous MC rewards: unlimited high-end AFK farming. That clearly needed to be fixed. They did so. Now, if you are willing to acknowledge this needed to be fixed, and able to propose an alternative that still fixes that while improving on the current solution they will be all ears.

But you need to start by acknowledging there was a problem, and formulate a counter-proposal. Preferably one that is well thought-out, clearly described and works not just for you and your friends, but the community at large. Having a bunch of people say "i dont like this" is not qualiy beta feedback, and unlikely to change much.

Ceterum censeo Pythem esse nerfam

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    I think FD wouldnt mind feedback, if it came in the way normal beta feedback goes. FD identified an obvious problem with previous MC rewards: unlimited high-end AFK farming. That clearly needed to be fixed. They did so. Now, if you are willing to acknowledge this needed to be fixed, and able to propose an alternative that still fixes that while improving on the current solution they will be all ears.

But you need to start by acknowledging there was a problem, and formulate a counter-proposal. Preferably one that is well thought-out, clearly described and works not just for you and your friends, but the community at large. Having a bunch of people say "i dont like this" is not qualiy beta feedback, and unlikely to change much.
    dit thay ever sad anthing abut problems in this regard? if yes point me in this direction plz. they just changed it without an explanation or any reasoning wat so ever. but you should know by now(for an example) that I'm ok with a nerf but not this heavy and IF only IF the crew gets rank progress.

Not gonna sign this either as I'm of the belief that everyone should have roughly the same progression curve available to them and as it stood in beta 4 it messed with the beginner's game (which I believe is quite well balanced on the rewards gradient.)
    Perhaps the idea needs some thought though.
    Legalise Onionhead!

Originally Posted by T.j View Post (Source)
    Knock it off please.

Discuss the post not the poster.
    Guys... let me tell you about this T.j Guy....

Phoo what a......
    . nice guy

Delete for spam if necessary

10. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #340
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback, it’s exactly why we run betas like this… to test out features, and find the right balance with support from the community.

With regards to multicrew, we felt it was important to balance the amount of credits you receive after joining a session for a few reasons.
    Without this balance players would quickly be able to skip the initial progression in the game. This is something that was designed to teach players how to engage with the Elite Dangerous galaxy, and allowing players to jump in to someone else’s ship and earn millions of credits in no time at all would allow them to skip this progression entirely and hop straight in to a larger ship, without having learned how to make money in normal gameplay. These new players won’t have learned the intricacies of each ship, the intricacies of combat, exploration or trade, and most importantly they won’t feel like they’ve earned the right to sit in the mighty Anaconda. It would truly change the early in-game progression, and knock the balance of the game for the worse… for both new and experienced players.

The multicrew feature would be used as an exploit if rewards stay as high as they were in previous betas. We understand that this will still happen a little anyway, but reducing the reward will further reduce the frequency of people appearing on ships to simply earn as many credits as possible before being kicked.

We also think it’s important to find the right risk-reward balance. When you join a ship as a crew member you no longer have to worry about rebuy costs if you’re destroyed, and that reduces the risk vastly. For this reason, the rewards should be reduced to match that.

Also, I thought I'd correct a couple of things that have been said in here about how it works, just to make sure everyone is on the same page. Firstly the helm always gets the full reward, 100%, whatever their rank, as they have earned the ship, and are taking the rebuy risk etc. Their rank doesn’t affect this – after all they have already earned enough money for a big enough ship to multicrew in the first place. The money their crew gets is additional to this. Secondly, all players, crew or helm, still earn rank upgrades with only one exception, which is when the helm cashes in exploration data this would be an exploit for people that have merely joined their ship for the short time needed to cash them in, so crew are excluded from this, so exploration rank is not affected. Hope that clears up a few things!

Multicrew is an incredibly fun feature to use, take part in with your friends, and meet new Commanders to help explore, fight and trade… we want to continue rewarding players for taking part in Multicrew (because let’s face it earning credits for blowing up ships is still a lot of fun), but finding the right balance is incredibly important. Thanks for your patience.

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback, it’s exactly why we run betas like this… to test out features, and find the right balance with support from the community.

With regards to multicrew, we felt it was important to balance the amount of credits you receive after joining a session for a few reasons.
    Without this balance players would quickly be able to skip the initial progression in the game. This is something that was designed to teach players how to engage with the Elite Dangerous galaxy, and allowing players to jump in to someone else’s ship and earn millions of credits in no time at all would allow them to skip this progression entirely and hop straight in to a larger ship, without having learned how to make money in normal gameplay. These new players won’t have learned the intricacies of each ship, the intricacies of combat, exploration or trade, and most importantly they won’t feel like they’ve earned the right to sit in the mighty Anaconda. It would truly change the early in-game progression, and knock the balance of the game for the worse… for both new and experienced players.

The multicrew feature would be used as an exploit if rewards stay as high as they were in previous betas. We understand that this will still happen a little anyway, but reducing the reward will further reduce the frequency of people appearing on ships to simply earn as many credits as possible before being kicked.

We also think it’s important to find the right risk-reward balance. When you join a ship as a crew member you no longer have to worry about rebuy costs if you’re destroyed, and that reduces the risk vastly. For this reason, the rewards should be reduced to match that.

Also, I thought I'd correct a couple of things that have been said in here about how it works, just to make sure everyone is on the same page. Firstly the helm always gets the full reward, 100%, whatever their rank, as they have earned the ship, and are taking the rebuy risk etc. Their rank doesn’t affect this – after all they have already earned enough money for a big enough ship to multicrew in the first place. The money their crew gets is additional to this. Secondly, all players, crew or helm, still earn rank upgrades with only one exception, which is when the helm cashes in exploration data this would be an exploit for people that have merely joined their ship for the short time needed to cash them in, so crew are excluded from this, so exploration rank is not affected. Hope that clears up a few things!

Multicrew is an incredibly fun feature to use, take part in with your friends, and meet new Commanders to help explore, fight and trade… we want to continue rewarding players for taking part in Multicrew (because let’s face it earning credits for blowing up ships is still a lot of fun), but finding the right balance is incredibly important. Thanks for your patience.
    If this is really the case (rank and helm) it's fine by me but give the crew more money at least 10% for harmless and 75% for deadly but that's details. and thank you for this mesage!

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(
    Hi everyone,

I think you could make everyone happy by allowing the Helm to give their earnings to the crew. Perhaps instead of full credits you could give them a pay boost as if they were 2 ranks higher? So a New player could still get a big boost from generous commanders. But since it is only 2 ranks worth I doubt it will be considered "exploitative" levels of progress. This way people who agree this is exploitative can rest easy and people who want to SugarDaddy it up can still do so.

Thanks Edward, makes perfect sense. Can you provde the percentage of the bounty gained per crew member rank?

Ceterum censeo Pythem esse nerfam

Hi everyone,

in the sea of negativity i feel i should support you guys in this, imo tis a very good decision
    Fiat Coupe 20VT+ Gone..... Nissan 350Z Gone. Replaced with dirty nappies, no sleep and sicky shirts. Thank god for my Cobra MK III. Fast, practical AND child friendly

Hi everyone,

Idea, out of the box, without thinking further:

"Multicrew-Rank"

High rank = Right to join all ships in all roles
    Low rank = Right to join small ships

(All between is subject to further thinking)

Could be tethered to the military ranks or the 3 Elite-Ranks.

*runs*

Neues deutsches Forum: www.elite-commanders.de
    Mark Allen: "While it's true that the PvP crowd do tend to be more vocal and in previous betas have given more organised feedback, we're well aware that the majority of players don't get involved in PvP." (22nd of Nov, 2016)

Page 23 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast