Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Size of 2.3 update anyone? Gary?

Size of 2.3 update anyone? Gary?

How big will it be? Do I have to make room?

Originally Posted by Godnamedthor View Post (Source)
    The beta is around 9.5 gig... judging by past updates, I suspect it'll be around the same size.

-Xbox Gamertag- Mole HD
    -PC Cmdr- Mole HD (starting it all over again)

Originally Posted by Mole HD View Post (Source)
    The beta is around 9.5 gig... judging by past updates, I suspect it'll be around the same size.
    Thank you!

Uhg. That's gonna take some clean up.
    CMDR Guywired: XBL / Twitter / Port: Walker City / Anaconda: Void Breaker / Python: Astral Queen

Originally Posted by Guywired View Post (Source)
    The update won't increase the size of ED that much... you'll probably find that after the update, the game will take up not much more HD space than it already does...

-Xbox Gamertag- Mole HD

The update won't increase the size of ED that much... you'll probably find that after the update, the game will take up not much more HD space than it already does...
    OH, I totally misunderstood 9.5 number then, that makes sense. Thanks!
    CMDR Guywired: XBL / Twitter / Port: Walker City / Anaconda: Void Breaker / Python: Astral Queen

Yeah, game will probably just redownload most of its actual size, plus some extras of course

Dunno how much it weights right now, but I doubt it'll increase in size for more than one gig or two, maybe three, the biggest offender likely being the avatar editor stuff.

Originally Posted by Guywired View Post (Source)
    So what you're saying is....that we possibly might need 9.5 gigs available temporarily. But once the update is installed there may only be a small increase in the actual game file size (for example let's say an additional gig over the current ED game file size). However, we won't know for sure until the update goes live or someone from FDev chimes in (which probably won't happen until a day or two before the it gets released).

Cobra Mk IV: Brigandier
    Viper Mk IV: Heimdal
    Vulture: Weltall
    Python: Weltall-2
    Anaconda: Xenogears

Originally Posted by Nine19CnynCrvr View Post (Source)
    So what you're saying is....that we possibly might need 9.5 gigs available temporarily. But once the update is installed there may only be a small increase in the actual game file size (for example let's say an additional gig over the current ED game file size). However, we won't know for sure until the update goes live or someone from FDev chimes in (which probably won't happen until a day or two before the it gets released).
    Nailed it!

I'm only going on the PC beta 2.3 download...but on average on the Xbox, my ED file size didn't change too much after all the updates. I'm not too constricted for space on the Xbox either though since I have a 2TB external hybrid drive fitted.

-Xbox Gamertag- Mole HD

I doubt you'll need 9gigs on top of the current install. Xbox installs/patches as it downloads, so the game size will increase as it gets patched but it shouldn't need that much additional space to work.

That being said you should really consider doing some cleanup or installing an external HDD if you have less than 10 gigs available.

12. This is the last staff post in this thread. #12
    Originally Posted by Godnamedthor View Post (Source)
    If you already have the current version installed, the Xbox update is estimated to be ~6Gb, with an estimated file size increase of ~3Gb.

Originally Posted by Gary Richards View Post (Source)
    If you already have the current version installed, the Xbox update is estimated to be ~6Gb, with an estimated file size increase of ~3Gb.
    Thank you!

Originally Posted by Gary Richards View Post (Source)
    Hey dude, I know you're on the console side of the team, but do you think you know how big the PC client update will be?
    Like tears of a unicorn lost in the rain...
    Member of DRX
    Xbox GT: V8UC UNICORN PC CMDR: Un1k0rn
    Cobra Mk III official Owner's Club: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...I-Owner-s-Club
    Flight System: Speedlink Quinox | MSI Z97 GAMING 5 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | MSI GTX 960 4GB | Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHZ

Gary´s the dude. Although he may prefer the bloke.

Geezer anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast