Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: when we should expect an official announcement about season 3 ?

Originally Posted by Sterlino View Post (Source)
    as title,

i am a little impatient and it seems that Frontier is not very skilled in the relationship with the audience.
    so first i am asking to all of you
    when do you think it will be the date when FD will decide to reveal something something (very something) about season 3 ?

but this thread is also an opportunity to shout to the developers :

Attachment 117609

FOR THE LOVE OF THE FUTURE FOR THIS GAME ...

TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT SEASON 3 !! i am dying of curiousity

Love it, +Rep!

we still waiting to learn about season 2.4!

News about, 2.4 and Planet Safari and their "Hollywood Franchise" will come at E3.

Season 3 might come in September at the EGX Birmingham.

Thursday 21st September
    Sunday 24th September

Originally Posted by Obsidian Ant View Post (Source)
    My feeling is that season 2 was delayed to allow Frontier time to create "season 3" as a fully fledged expansion.

This fully fledged updated (season 3) will be released around September-December.

That's what I reckon anyway.
    I thought that too... but lately i'm getting more keen to think that they are just slow (well, not really, i actually think that they're just occupied in other projects, being that the ps4 version and other games. I don't feel anymore like evolving ED is actually their priority)

as title,

i am a little impatient and it seems that Frontier is not very skilled in the relationship with the audience.
    so first i am asking to all of you
    when do you think it will be the date when FD will decide to reveal something something (very something) about season 3 ?

but this thread is also an opportunity to shout to the developers :

Attachment 117609

FOR THE LOVE OF THE FUTURE FOR THIS GAME ...

TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT SEASON 3 !! i am dying of curiousity
    There will be vague statements of intent post 2.4, and bold promises of features combined with a theme.

Originally Posted by Obsidian Ant View Post (Source)
    My feeling is that season 2 was delayed to allow Frontier time to create "season 3" as a fully fledged expansion.

This fully fledged updated (season 3) will be released around September-December.

That's what I reckon anyway.
    I don't know Ant, that seems like too much dev work for Frontier to get done in order to release all at one time. Or maybe subsequent seasons will simply be smaller in scale? I could see your theory then possibly.

I think a more likely scenario is that Frontier moved personnel over to both Planet Coaster and the mystery Hollywood IP, thereby draining Elite of enough people to make it slip behind schedule.

As for when we'll first hear about S3, we need to hear about 2.4 first. So not for a very long time I'd wager.

I don't expect to see any info on 2.4 at all. It's supposed to be a surprise after all...

I do expect to hear something on 3.0 before 2.4 releases though, as Horizons was announced before 1.5 and 1.6 were launched, and they'll need to keep the hype up with something...

7. This is the last staff post in this thread. #37
    Originally Posted by Dielos View Post (Source)
    I don't expect to see any info on 2.4 at all. It's supposed to be a surprise after all...

I do expect to hear something on 3.0 before 2.4 releases though, as Horizons was announced before 1.5 and 1.6 were launched, and they'll need to keep the hype up with something...
    2.4 is indeed coming, but it's a good ways out right now. What lays ahead however.....

As for news of what's to come, well... y'know... yeah... afk my food's done cooking!

"Jam tomorrow..."

Yeah.

I'll look on in, from time to time, with mild indifference to see what, if anything, is happening. Too jaded right now to care much.

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    2.4 is indeed coming, but it's a good ways out right now. What lays ahead however.....

As for news of what's to come, well... y'know... yeah... afk my food's done cooking!
    Like I said, a very, very long time! Their all too busy cooking food at Frontier!

as I eat my bowl of potato soup...

Post asap FD, we are runnig low on comedy gold!!!

you like to joke, right ?

it's not a matter of rush.. it's a matter of ''10 years plan'' but we don't know what is the plan.
    it's a matter of 'this game is not yet really decent in gameplaying' we need something more in the gameplay.
    it's about the future of the game itself to know what is the exact plan .. people are already leaving the game
    just because there is a sense of ''there is no future for this game''.

All this while other games (i will not mention their name) have, already now, an exact plan about landing on real full atmospheric planet and other features that ELITE (and not the other games) should have.

sorry for my desperate tone but i really begin to be a little worried.
    maybe it's my fault, beg pardon.

i hope you're right Obsidian,

it would be awesome.
    People like to quote "10 year plan" but I think this was taken out of context. I believe it was used as a ballpark figure for the life of the game and the duration it would be supported for. I doubt very much they have even a five year plan or anything beyond that more firmly considered than blackboard chalk drawn outlines.

Remember what they charged for the lifetime pass. Now figure how many expansions it will take to make it a wash on cost, and that should give you an idea of how many expansions will be forth coming. Unless those who paid the lifetime expansion only get 2 or 3 more and lose out but I don't see that happening. Still I am open to hearing opposing views.
    Calebe

It's April, so the soonest we would see 2.4 is July/August. Based on some things that have been said, it's possible that our actions could trigger 2.4, and if that's true, then it might come sooner than anyone thinks, despite what the Community Manager just said in this thread. What's more likely though, is that 2.4 will be around the Christmas season, perhaps September/October. It's a shame that 3.0 will most likely miss that window, but I just don't see it coming this calendar year. The current content needs time to bake in the live environment for a while, before the new hotness arrives.

Regarding the Mystery IP:

As I recall, the statement said two things; an enduring movie franchise, and Frontier's expertise, so:

The IP is most likely Star Wars.

The game, is most likely of the X-wing variety. Elite already uses a flight model that would work well, and it already uses a similar form of the E/W/S power management system that X-wing had. This is something that Frontier could possibly push out (on all 3 platforms) in a year or so (2018 Christmas release, in other words), because the bulk of the work would be the Star Wars art assets, any voice-overs, and the mission structures. Pretty much everything else is already done, including the beginnings of multi-player in at least two different forms.

If Frontier gave me an X-wing game, that fully utilized today's control options and VR, I would have it day one. I'm sure that many others would as well.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Riôt

I agree with Ant. I think they had their fingers burnt with Horizons and the negative Steam reviews / Early Access etc. So they will want to release complete content. However they have also said they are moving away the Season model - I suspect DLC packs equivalent to 3.0, 3.1 etc.

Dont think new title would overlap with Elite and space etc. Fantastic Beasts most likely or possibly Jurassic Park? Think of Holo-Me in ED and Kinectimals - something based on this but open world like ED.

I expect 2.4 will be some time in the summer, with season three being announced at gamescon in August for a pre-Christmas release. It's going to be a dull few months news wise so expect this forum will reach maximum anxiety soon!

As for what 3.0 is I think there's maybe clues in what activity we've seen from different parts of the dev team. So since the art department have made tons of new content I doubt it's legs as they'd have been super busy with interiors for ages. Also we've seen practically nothing from the planet guys since horizons, basically just a few graphics tweeks, so what have they been upto? Making atmospheric planets, that's what. So 3.0 is atmospheric planets. Also not seen many new ships or vehicles of late, just the passenger ships and one of them was late, so I reckon that team has been busy with new SRVs for season 3.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast