Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Newsletter #169

Originally Posted by Nagual View Post (Source)
    http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Capture_1.png

Quick question ... These hearing dogs... erm are you sure they are for the Death People? I'm imagining some sort of cult now..
    I just read that and I'm wondering too

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    2.4... 2.4.... yeah, dark times are ahead...
    Ah, so we're getting proper dark sides back for landfall planets? Sweet!

Finally, the long awaited 2.3 is here!

Now back to the doom and gloom 2.4 predictions: dark times are going to be the end for Elite Dangerous - there I said it first!

Elite: Dangerous - mile wide, player deep.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post (Source)
    <snip> Why leave in bugs that are "known"?
    If you write code at all , you will have come across situations where you know that the problem exists, but have no idea how to resolve without making things worse.
    Even if you do know what's causing it, you can't resolve it. For minor issues (eg paint fix not always going to 100% ... actually I think they have made this work in Beta 2.3)) it is not worth breaking the main functionality.
    So give them a break.

It would be nice if the issues can be resolved, but hopefully they at least fix the game breakers.

As to people saying "what's in 2.4?" .... blooming heck! let the dust settle first.

Main new features are the Commander creator "Holome". This is really simple to use and you can quickly put together you're own character. It's a kind of identi-kit system and works very well. Doesn't add to gameplay at all, but it's very pretty.

The Camera suite changes are very extensive and now quite complicated to use. But you can see inside your cockpit with all those nice avatars you and your crewmates have created. A good tool for the YouTube people. but I think not as intuitive as the old simple camera.

MultiCrew.

This is a potentially nice feature. You have up to 3 people in your ship. The 'virtual' presence means you can get some fighting action by joining a ship even if you are 'really' 20.00LY away. The ability to fly the ship fighter and use the turret weapons in a controlled manner will make multicrew ships more powerful than a single lone pilot version.
    There are issues if your crewmates are trigger happy as you'll get "Wanted" status quite a bit.

And beware of Back-seat drivers ... nothing more unnerving than trying to land your ship with two people sitting there saying "I can do better"

Only think I dislike about multicrew mechanic, is the 3rd person view for the Gunner role. I think this should be a view from the turret weapons. All other ED viewpoints have been from a 1st person perspective. But it does allow Gunner to be very quickly able to assess potential targets.
    If you fly in a wing already and have voice communications active, then multicrew might suit your gameplay very well indeed.

I think all these changes are mostly to add mechanics for other features later, which I also feel are unlikely to see the light in the 2.x releases.

Gen

Well done all for raising nearly £2K, good job!

What system does the Dogs for Death People player group control? I want to join. Best group name ever.

Originally Posted by CMDR Dahak View Post (Source)
    2.4: Massive gamma reduction confirmed.
    Finally! The cockpit lighting is WAY too bright!

well... that's not what I expected

Also, the square root of this issue number is 13.

well... that's not what I expected

Could you be more specific on what a "sometime next week" is please?

I want to brace myself for the inevitable torrent of whinging, whining and trolling that will occur post the release.

I just want 2.3 without the toxic extras.
    CMDR PINGMONSTER

Imperial Eagle Medusa/Type 6 Transporters Irene and Gladys/ Viper Mk IV Baby/Cobra Mk III Mithra/Diamondback Explorer Star Dancer/Type 7 Transporter Doris/Keelback Amazon/Viper Mk III Phaedra/Anaconda Kali/Sidewinder Makeda

"We got two categories of pilots around here. We got your prime pilots that get it, and we got your pud-knockers who dream about getting it. ..."

Originally Posted by Manticore View Post (Source)
    Could you be more specific on what a "sometime next week" is please?

I want to brace myself for the inevitable torrent of whinging, whining and trolling that will occur post the release.

I just want 2.3 without the toxic extras.
    I think we can safely assume as soon as the holidays are over.

Anyone know if there is an easter news letter?

Thanks
    Fiat Coupe 20VT+ Gone..... Nissan 350Z Gone. Replaced with dirty nappies, no sleep and sicky shirts. Thank god for my Cobra MK III. Fast, practical AND child friendly

I'm expecting to have to search the garden for it tomorrow

Special delivery from the easter bunny.

This is not news, but some kind of shame..
    The game is more than 2 years old, and in the news babbling about innovations as about some kind of achievement .. and these ugly kamo. Hrrrrr
    Where is the news about E:D?

Perhaps some nice outfits for our pilots like the contender one or the Explorer suit Hope for a paintjob for the Dolphin (like the ones made for the Beluga)

Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    Anyone know if there is an easter news letter?

Thanks
    Here Commander : http://email-elitedangerous.com/t/3F...32ZABO,1M6QX,1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12