Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.3 The Commanders - Changelog

I'm looking forward to Asteroid bases, megaships, and seeing if the new missions actually have any new gameplay. A lot of the other 2.3 stuff is non-gameplay fluff as far as I'm concerned but will maybe show value in a few years from now when there's gameplay to accompany it.

I'm also pretty irritated by how low-priority some of these bugfixes have been. I know I should be thankful to FD that they've fixed these bugs eventually, but I personally feel that their timescales and priorties for what to fix and when to fix it are very wrong. No other online game on the market would remain this broken for so long whilst the interim patches prioritise mere balance passes and minor, unrelated bugfixes:

The SRV wave scanner was horrendously broken from 2.2 Beta (7 months ago) - so as much as I'm pleased to see this huge list of bugfixes, I'm just wondering how many previously-working things have now been completely broken, because the SRV wavescanner was a case of 1 step forwards and 3 steps backwards.

2.2's single biggest feature for me (ship launched fighters) have been plagued by hull-health issues for rebuilt (and new) ships. For the entire duration of 2.2 I have constantly had to launch and recall fighters until I get one that launches undamaged. If you consider that SLF was one of 2.2's two main features, it really shouldn't have been this broken for the entire duration of 2.2 :\

Sorry to sound snarky, I know a lot of work has gone into 2.3, but I'm just displeased that the work wasn't done MONTHS AGO as a matter of priority.

great work

People complain alot about this game's "financial setup" but these patch notes just prove that it has it's uses.

Here's hoping for many more amazing changes!

Thank you FD for an amazing update incoming, that is one hell of a change log.
    Complainers: Shut up.

It will take until 6pm to read this change log. Wow amazing

Flimley

Didn't see it in notes: is SLF's launching with already damaged hulls been fixed? All I wanna know...

Originally Posted by Incident View Post (Source)
    It tells you on the name plates what type of design they are - ExplorerNamePlate/TraderNamePlate/PassengerNamePlate/CombatNamePlate/PirateNamePlate

and the generic PracticalNamePlate.

So you could put different designs on different ships....if you want.
    Or even different ones on each side of your ship.

Very slightly disappointed that the ID number is a separate purchase.

How do thrusters work, it is simple.

Stuff goes in, stuff happens, stuff comes out VERY fast.

Originally Posted by Zyr1987 View Post (Source)
    Asp (added second chair for Multi-Crew)

Wait...you mean that there was no second chair all this time? Than what was that thing directly below our upper chairs, on the lower level?
    There was the lower chair was supposedly for HIRED crew

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Don Alvarez View Post (Source)
    Didn't see it in notes: is SLF's launching with already damaged hulls been fixed? All I wanna know...
    I don't see why they would, that is kind of up to the CMDR to look at his/her own ship statuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post (Source)
    Blimey! I expected some tweaks but this is massive.
    Just 1 thing though: no fix for E launching in VR by default when the Vive is conntected? Because I don't use the Vive for E atm, just for roomscale games and the sensors don't have a view of my desk. E gives the option to launch in VR or regular, but if he Vive is connected, it launches in VR no matter what you choose.
    Little detail for the next changelog?
    I would think that is a Steam issue

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by GW42 View Post (Source)
    So.... Have you been taking tips on how to do this from United Airlines?

(I'll get my coat)
    I was thinking the same thing
    ------------------------

(* I am also reasonably well known for contribution to Disabled game players with my Designing, Testing, and Developing of Hardware, Apps, and Mods. I am disabled myself, but the things I come up with are given back to the disabled players *)

Originally Posted by XW_Ziggy View Post (Source)
    2.2's single biggest feature for me (ship launched fighters) have been plagued by hull-health issues for rebuilt (and new) ships. For the entire duration of 2.2 I have constantly had to launch and recall fighters until I get one that launches undamaged. If you consider that SLF was one of 2.2's two main features, it really shouldn't have been this broken for the entire duration of 2.2 :\

Sorry to sound snarky, I know a lot of work has gone into 2.3, but I'm just displeased that the work wasn't done MONTHS AGO as a matter of priority.
    2.2's single biggest feature for me was the Ancient Ruins sites ( pew-pew bores me ) - the code for this wasn't even turned on at release time! - we had to wait for 2.2.03 to turn it on - then it was horribly bugged - from beta testing at the ruins sites I'd say 'most' of the bugs are fixed ( but FDev never really admitted to most of them and in the release notes we just have 'Multiple fixes to address problems with an Ancient Site' - hopefully this is bug in the release notes since we found 100+ Ancient sites! ).
    Playing Elite - since 1985

Maybe I missed it but I don't see anything about Winter's decal being added to the Power Play Decal Pack for use in-game. I remember it being said her's would be added when 2.3 launched.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    My oh my, that's a big one!
    "That's what she said"

Flimley

Originally Posted by NeoStar9X View Post (Source)
    Maybe I missed it but I don't see anything about Winter's decal being added to the Power Play Decal Pack for use in-game. I remember it being said her's would be added when 2.3 launched.
    It hasn't changed in the store yet either.

Originally Posted by foxpur View Post (Source)
    I don't see why they would, that is kind of up to the CMDR to look at his/her own ship statuses.
    So, you're saying you feel launching a NEW SLF and finding it's hull already down to 25% is NOT a bug?

Loads of posts so potentially repeating a question already asked...

"Fixed a crash with GPU memory allocation"

Is this perchance the weird "Direct3D cannot lock a buffer" crash I've started experiencing?

o7

Trail

• Added custom engine trails support
    When can we expect to find them on cash shop ?

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast