Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.3 The Commanders - Changelog

And so, regarding 2.3 updating problems that continue to plague the game with no end of a cure in sight -- https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...78#post5702378 --

I am attempting a nuclear level cure: eradication.

Here's what you do:

1. Delete the entire Frontier ED folder from your drive
    2. Run CrapCleaner registry clean to remove the two or three registry litter left over.
    3. Go to the ED website and your account
    4. Buy vanilla ED at £19.99
    5. Install the launcher, then all the bits after logging in on the launcher.
    6. Et voila - hopefully.

Am about to install the installer launcher again. Will report back here and hiccups.

EDIT - Yes a complete reinstall a success! 2.3.10 is go.
    DDF, Founder, Reclamation, MH Backer. The wonder of the Emergence of Trade & Civilization: http://ipencilmovie.org Twitter JontyCampbell ask.fm/jontycampbell

Originally Posted by jontycampbell View Post (Source)
    I am attempting a nuclear level cure: eradication.
    3. Go to the ED website and your account
    4. Buy vanilla ED at £19.99
    I think you meant go to the Blizzard website and buy Overwatch for 39,99€. Because you couldn't be serious about buying another copy to solve bugs. Please say that it was sarcasm, because I do not detect emoticons and somebody could take this seriously. Pretty please? ;P
    * KARMA system, not "SJW-be-good-or-else-system" - make your actions matter as a career path!
    * Invested playtime vs risk imbalance - KARMA proposal

You can be anything you want in E: D. Murder-hobo or a paladin of virtue. Too bad the available tools for interaction greatly weight towards the "murder-hobo" role.
    The best description of the whole Horizons season I've read to date, by cmdr Kaocraft
    Vive or Rift?

Originally Posted by StarLightPL View Post (Source)
    I think you meant go to the Blizzard website and buy Overwatch for 39,99€. Because you couldn't be serious about buying another copy to solve bugs. Please say that it was sarcasm, because I do not detect emoticons and somebody could take this seriously. Pretty please? ;P
    I've heard of Overwatch and is definitely a title I'm unmoved by. Regarding ED though, the other options had failed, and, as I had mislaid my install disc (it's in the house somewhere, I bought a digi-download).
    It has cured all the problems thankfully and am now at EDH 2.3.10, though even though I'm there now, I'm a little underwhelmed, I've not noticed anything major in improvements in graphics setting granularity or feel, Menus still feel like wading in treacle. The Moon and Mars are still not visitable - bah!
    DDF, Founder, Reclamation, MH Backer. The wonder of the Emergence of Trade & Civilization: http://ipencilmovie.org Twitter JontyCampbell ask.fm/jontycampbell

Originally Posted by jontycampbell View Post (Source)
    I've heard of Overwatch and is definitely a title I'm unmoved by. Regarding ED though, the other options had failed, and, as I had mislaid my install disc (it's in the house somewhere, I bought a digi-download.
    You didn't need to buy the digital download though. The purchase of the disc version entitles you to a digital download against that account/commander. You should be able to just login to the launcher and download it. I have the DVD version and I've never installed from the disc. The launcher itself can be download from the elitedangerous.com website. Unless I've misunderstood something, you could request a refund.

Originally Posted by MAIN SEQUENCE View Post (Source)
    You didn't need to buy the digital download though. The purchase of the disc version entitles you to a digital download against that account/commander. You should be able to just login to the launcher and download it. I have the DVD version and I've never installed from the disc. The launcher itself can be download from the elitedangerous.com website. Unless I've misunderstood something, you could request a refund.
    Ah right, will get myself a refund. It's still regularly crashing on surface landing though, I think I need a better vidcard from my Radeon.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233