Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Frame Rate Killer

Originally Posted by Ulysses_W View Post (Source)
    Not only have I restarted my router, I've replaced it with another one. Still no joy.
    Oh... I've also unninstalled the game, the only thing that worked, and not permanently, was restarting the router
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/image.php?u=89982&type=sigpic&dateline=1479155218

Same problem here. It is not present in solo.

Boldly going forward 'cause i can't find reverse

Seems to be working almost fine but only in solo. Its working for 5 minutes now. Please remove anything that messed this up. I dont want faces on comms, i dont want IPv6, i want the responsiveness back.

Originally Posted by Ulysses_W View Post (Source)
    Not only have I restarted my router, I've replaced it with another one. Still no joy.
    IF this is even net related at all that is, maybe it could be that other players computers trying to reconnect to you, to restart router would then perhaps help, but might also be it need be off for half an hour or longer... tried that?

Originally Posted by Mundilfare View Post (Source)
    IF this is even net related at all that is, maybe it could be that other players computers trying to reconnect to you, to restart router would then perhaps help, but might also be it need be off for half an hour or longer... tried that?
    Let me get this straight. Are you suggesting I turn my router off for an hour, or longer?

Turn. Router. Off? *Does not compute*

Have you lost your mind!

In all seriousness, I get exactly the same problem in Solo anyway. (Though I notice the game still insists on downloading player mug-shots regardless.)
    CMDR Ulysses Wolf | DWE Roster #7

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #186
    Hi guys,

For new players finding this thread from the support site, please do run through the basic checks on QA-Mitch's post quoted below:

Originally Posted by QA-Mitch View Post (Source)
    Hello everyone!

We would strongly recommend all players follow these steps:

If using windows 10, please update to the Anniversary Update or Creators Update.

Ensure you have the most up-to-date BIOS and chipset drivers.
    • These drivers will be available on the manufacturers’ website.
    • Download and install these updates at your leisure.
    • This will improve system stability and performance.

Perform a clean reinstallation of your graphics card.

For NVIDIA hardware:
    • Navigate to www.geforce.com
    • Click ‘Drivers’
    • Fill out the information for your graphics card
    • Download and run the driver installer
    • Ensure you select Perform a clean installation

For AMD hardware:
    • Download and run the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility (http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...l-Utility.aspx)
    • Navigate to http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
    • Download and run the AMD Driver Autodetect Utility
    • Run the driver installation program

Scan for and eliminate file system errors.
    • Right-click on your Windows Start Menu
    • Select ‘Command Prompt’
    • Write the command sfc /scannow and press Enter
    • Wait for the check to complete

Scan for and eliminate memory errors.
    • Open your Windows Start Menu
    • Search for Windows Memory Diagnostic
    • Run this program.
    • Your computer will restart and check for errors
    If you find that this doesn't resolve your issue and you're happy that you've checked everything on the list then you'll also be happy to know that our lovely QA team are investigating further. We are currently looking into correlations between playing in private group/open modes and drastically reduced frame-rates but this isn't set in stone just yet.

To help with the investigation can you please add any netlogs obtained from solo and open modes where your framerate differs greatly to this thread. If you need a hand creating netlogs please check this FAQ article.

Thanks so much for your patience, everyone. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused if you have encountered this issue though.

Note: As much as the lovely guys here in the support would love to be able to help, once you've followed all the above steps then it's down to our QA team to figure out the rest. Please help us respond to people who desperately need our help with other issues by closing any existing tickets you have about this issue and continue contributing to this thread instead. We very much appreciate it!
    Support SiteBug Reports Support Subforum

Please note that the support team are unable to respond to private messages on the forums.

Thanks CMDR Vanguard.

A friend logged into his account (with low number of friends) on my PC and had no troubles with FPS. I logged into my account directly after and had 10 FPS in open, 60 FPS in solo (as before).
    I had good FPS in open the last days on odd times when not many of my friends were online. It dropped when they started to come online, though.

Netlog of open and solo below.
    It was a login into station, then opening friendlist and waiting until all holo-me icons loaded. Open first, then solo.

netLog.170415170816.01.zip
    DxDiag.txt

Keep up the good work!

Originally Posted by Cobra1984 View Post (Source)
    Planet stuttering FIXED on GT5xx, huge FPS gains everywhere, but stuttering inside stations.

Upgrading to GTX760 tomorrow, will see if station stutters remain.
    Same station stutters on the gtx760 as I had on the gt525m.

Occasional fps drops in SC that seem related to NPCs spawning and flying around.

Occasional fps drops that seem related to loading higher LODs on stars.

Driving around on planets is smooth as glass on high settings.

This is in Open.

I've posted already [with video] and also sent in a bug report, but here's a quick follow-up:

I took screenshots of my "friends" list, then deleted everybody. Now I am in Open with solid 60 FPS. No problems.

Here we are, in a multiplayer game that touts its Multi-Crew addition, and in order to play you need to unfriend your friends. Sad!

Yup, situation is bad, but really bad.

Not going to play in open untill fixed and i do really hope that FD will release a point update. The game is broken.

Boldly going forward 'cause i can't find reverse

Originally Posted by Hercules View Post (Source)
    I've posted already [with video] and also sent in a bug report, but here's a quick follow-up:

I took screenshots of my "friends" list, then deleted everybody. Now I am in Open with solid 60 FPS. No problems.

Here we are, in a multiplayer game that touts its Multi-Crew addition, and in order to play you need to unfriend your friends. Sad!

Wow that must be it. I've been fine but have had FPS degrade significantly over the past few days. Only change? I've been playing MC and making friends. As I'm adding more people to my friends list this could be the cause.

Yay multiplayer game! :/

I have had 3 crashes since 2.3 and all of them have been while looking at the friends/contacts list (the top left menu, 2nd tab from left). Well when I say crashes it just locks up with the sound still playing and hangs until I kill it with Taskman.

I seem to be getting a HIGHER frame rate than pre 2.3 in solo (170+ with the default Ultra settings), I used to get about 140, now I get 30-50 in open or private group.
    Could it have something to do with the client trying to get everyone holo-me's?

Just launched the game in PG and I was getting 100+ fps in station, opened up my friends list and the game locked up.

Here's an odd wrinkle. I've experienced the FPS degradation quite significantly in open or a PG. But when actually acting as a crewmember, my framerate was perfect.

I tried this in a PG with only two people. Before joining the crew, we were each around 30fps. After I was on his ship, we were each at our maximums. The moment I left his ship, the FPS dropped back down. The moment I left the PG, my friend's frame rate went back up to maximum.

I've been experimenting again...

I logged into my main account unfriended everyone, left all of my private groups and headed into Solo.
    It was like stirring treacle at times. My frame rates were all over the place.

Sometimes they'd be around 120 and in an instant they'd be down at 9 and everywhere in between. Totally unplayable.

What I did notice though was that we now have a player history available, and of course, that try's to load mug shots of players I've come across in the game.

I wonder how far back that history goes? It was a long list I know that much.
    I was in Solo, why would I want to see that, and it doesn't look like it can't be cleared or reset.

It might not have any bearing on the problem, but I thought it was worth mentioning just in case.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast