View Entry Info: Cannot start game after leaving a multiplayer session

Category:
XB1 Bug Reports
Page 1 of 19 1235 Last

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Cannot start game after leaving a multiplayer session

Cannot start game after leaving a multiplayer session

Severity
    Severe

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    14:50 PDT

Date of occurrence
    04/11/17

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Anaconda

Description
    Went into a multiplayer session and flew fighter a couple of times. Decided to leave the session and saw the multiplayer summary screen. Accepted the credits. Then it kicked me back to the main menu.

I selected Start > Open Play, but after the menus disappeared, I still see the background image (with the SRV and space station in the distance). It never shows the black background with spinning orange graphic of a ship. It just forever stays like that with only the background image of the main menu screen visible.

I then force quit the game and tried loading into Solo mode instead, but it still does the same thing.

And now, I can no longer play the game.

I was streaming at the time; if you want vids let me know.

Steps to Reproduce
    -2. Be in your Anaconda in a space station where you just landed
    -1. Join a multiplayer session as 3rd person, fly fighter and kill some things
    0. Exit out of a multiplayer session and accept the payout then get kicked to main screen
    1. Click Start
    2. Click Open Mode, Solo Mode, Private Group, or Arena
    3. Watch background image forever

UPDATE: Tested by logging into my girlfriend's profile on the same XBOX. On her profile, I was able to get onto Elite no problem. Switched back to my profile, and still cannot login. So it's definitely something server side.

UPDATE 2: I even tried going into XBOX's screen called "Game hub" where under the "Friends and Clubs" tab, you can directly join into someone's game. If I do this, and click on a friend's party, then it takes me into the game and says "Joining game..." then "Connecting to multicrew helm..." but then, after that, still the "Beautiful SRV Photo of Death" (BSRVPoD).

This issue is identical to: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...t-title-screen

Also, completely rebooting the XBOX/clearing cache did not fix it.

I'm having the exact same issue. Joined multi crew session, lost connection. Logged back in, was fine, then went to grab food. Tried logging back in and am now locked out. Tried reinstalling, modem reset, Xbox reset, cleared the cache. This is bad.

Same issue.
    Not overly impressed
    Third time an update broke the game on me!

The game wont start

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    Once (<1%)

Time of occurrence
    14:20 Pacific Time

Date of occurrence
    08/04/17

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type

Description
    I log in, press start, click open play, and instead of my spinning ship appearing, nothing happens. nothing. I just see the background. Then the game freezes and I cant do anything. Interestingly, the game works on my other profile. I restarted the game, restarted my xbox, and even unplugged it for twenty minutes, still nothing. This happened after a multicrew session crashed. Please help. I cant play! I spent two months traveling to the core, and I dont want my progress getting lost. please help, anyone, please help.

Steps to Reproduce
    1. Log in
    2. play multicrew
    3. crash
    4. the game doesn't start

The game wont start

Severity
    Severe

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence

Date of occurrence
    08/04/17

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type

Description
    I log in, press start, click open play, and instead of my spinning ship appearing, nothing happens. nothing. I just see the background. Then the game freezes and I cant do anything. Interestingly, the game works on my other profile. I restarted the game, restarted my xbox, and even unplugged it for twenty minutes, still nothing. This happened after a multicrew session crashed. Please help. I cant play! I spent two months traveling to the core, and I dont want my progress getting lost. please help, anyone, please help.

Steps to Reproduce
    1. Log in
    2. play multicrew
    3. crash
    4. the game doesn't start

Same issue. Had to leave so turned the Xbox. Upon returning it won't pass the game mode select. Tried all modes and restarted the console, doesn't work.
    This is specially annoying as I was going to deliver combat bonds for the CG. And of course can't play the game.

Game Won't Start

Severity
    Severe

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence

Date of occurrence
    08/04/17

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type

Description
    I joined multicrew, when I exited, it took me to the menu and when I clicked open play, it just got stuck and showed me the background. And it works just fine on other profiles

Steps to Reproduce
    unkown

Game won't go past the mode select

Severity
    Severe

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    Since 00 British time

Date of occurrence
    11 march 2017

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Puthon

Description
    Start the game, go to mode, chose any (open, group, solo or arena), menu goes away, but the loading doesn't start.

Steps to Reproduce
    See above.

For the record, complete uninstall/reinstall does not fix the issue. It's 100% server-side.

Im having the same problem.

Same bug here. Confirmed also that it is account/session dependent. Game works normally with different account.

*should also add on the multicrew

The game crashed or failed to instance us with mothership as crew members if we jumped to super cruise or low waked.
    Example. When dropping from super on a wake we as crew remained in super.
    Pilot would drop to normal space but would not instance with target

Same

i am having the same problem it really annoying i have been waiting months for this update now its out the whole game is unplayable.

seriously

same problem really annoyed been waiting for this update for months now the whole game is broken

Page 1 of 19 1235 Last