Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Cannot start game after leaving a multiplayer session

Are you able to load training? I've got the same problem and has tried everything I could think of. On the bright side the background art still looks cool after an hour of looking at it

Originally Posted by Zeo View Post (Source)
    I got into an argument about how no one tested this game.

I was told "Yeah they did"

To which I replied:

"Don't you dare lie to me and tell me that there was an Xbox Beta for this game, because there wasn't and if there was, you can GUARANTEE I would have been first in line. Reporting everything I possibly could, along the way."
    of course the tested the game, there was a beta for it. Just wasn't a beta for this platform. And since they're not idiots, I'm sure they did internal testing of the platform, which obviously wasn't enough to find these issues. Unless, they did find them, and figured they could be dealt with post launch.

Given how widespread this issue is becoming -- almost acts like a pathogen infection, affecting more and more people -- I seriously doubt much platform testing was done prior to the Xbox launch.

Originally Posted by EMFDeathPenguin View Post (Source)
    Given how widespread this issue is becoming -- almost acts like a pathogen infection, affecting more and more people -- I seriously doubt much platform testing was done prior to the Xbox launch.
    Totally agree! And that is why there won't be a fix in the next few hours or even near future ...no news, no update, no status from the devs either. Last post long ago. 😢

Many members of my Group, including me, are not able to loggin into the game. Its not only Multi-Crew or Store.

I had to step away from my console as I have two friends who have got in and are having multi-crew fun!

This just happened to me.... Can't play anymore I read most of this thread, but didn't see any fixes from Fdev... so I'm pretty much boned I take it?

Originally Posted by Flopz Mcgee View Post (Source)
    This just happened to me.... Can't play anymore I read most of this thread, but didn't see any fixes from Fdev... so I'm pretty much boned I take it?
    Radio silence thus far. So I have no answers for you, sorry!

Ignem in nocte caelum

Originally Posted by EMFDeathPenguin View Post (Source)
    Well, whatever they did, there's no arguing that it was adequate.

Anyone figured out what Mitchell meant be "all clear"

Elite: Dangerous Xbox One - Uncut

"Remember to bring your big boy pants!"

Nope. I can tell you what it definitely did not mean, though.

12. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #132
    Good evening everyone,

We believe we've been able to isolate the cause of this to an issue between your Xbox account's cloud data and the game. We're not sure of the exact cause just yet and we're still investigating for a full and complete solution to the problem. However, we believe we have a workaround to get you back into the game as soon as possible.

Important: This is specifically for players experiencing the issue where selecting any game mode (open/solo/group) at the main menu causes the menu text to disappear and the game to move no further, leaving you looking at the SRV and station background.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/...6375e20e922b7d

The instructions on the above FAQ article will direct you through the steps needed to clear your Xbox profile's saved data for the game.

You must select 'Delete everywhere' option or this process will not work!

This step will remove the cloud data that is causing the game to get stuck when loading your Commander and this does not affect your saved game, but it will clear any custom control scheme. Your Commander's progress however, is stored entirely on our servers so please don't worry.

In some cases you may be required to log in to your account again so please ensure you have your login details to hand, however the most noticeable changes are that your keybindings will have reset and your galaxy map filters will return to default. To ensure you don't have any accidents when continuing into the game again, please ensure your bindings are set up the way you like them before heading off.

There's still the chance that this will not solve every cause of this issue but we are hopeful that this will allow most players to head back into the game this evening. If you encounter any further issues that appear to be linked please update this thread with as much detail as you can. Confirmation that the above steps work too are also helpful.

Thank you so much for your continued patience, we are hugely appreciative of the input and feedback and very sorry that such an issue occurred on day one for so many of you. We'll continue working toward a full solution and assurances that similar issues are prevented in the future.

Edit: As an additional note, if the above doesn't work you may need to clear the cache on your Xbox and try the above steps again. We have seen this help where the original steps have not in a number of cases.
    Support SiteBug Reports Support Subforum

Please note that the support team are unable to respond to private messages on the forums.

Originally Posted by CMDR Vanguard View Post (Source)
    Good evening everyone,

We believe we've been able to isolate the cause of this to an issue between your Xbox account's cloud data and the game. We're not sure of the exact cause just yet and we're still investigating for a full and complete solution to the problem. However, we believe we have a neat and risk-free workaround to get you back into the game as soon as possible.

Important: This is specifically for players experiencing the issue where selecting any game mode (open/solo/group) at the main menu causes the menu text to disappear and the game to move no further, leaving you looking at the SRV and station background.

The instructions on the above FAQ article will allow you to clear your Xbox profile's saved data when selecting the 'Delete everywhere' option. This will remove the existing cloud data that the game is getting stuck on when loading your Commander and the process does not affect your save game as this is stored on our servers, not Microsoft's.

In some cases you may be required to log in to your account again so please ensure you have your login details to hand, however the most noticeable change should be simply that your keybindings will have reset. To ensure you don't have any accidents when continuing into the game again please ensure your bindings are set up the way you like them before heading off.

There's still the chance that this will not solve every cause of this issue but we are hopeful that this will allow most players to head back into the game this evening. If you encounter any further issues that appear to be linked please update this thread with as much detail as you can. Confirmation that the above steps work too are also helpful.

Thank you so much for your continued patience, we are hugely appreciative of the input and feedback and very sorry that such an issue occurred on day one for so many of you. We'll continue working toward a full solution and assurances that similar issues are prevented in the future.
    TYVM, Will confirm.

Originally Posted by CMDR Vanguard View Post (Source)
    Good evening everyone,

We believe we've been able to isolate the cause of this to an issue between your Xbox account's cloud data and the game. We're not sure of the exact cause just yet and we're still investigating for a full and complete solution to the problem. However, we believe we have a neat and risk-free workaround to get you back into the game as soon as possible.

The instructions on the above FAQ article will allow you to clear your Xbox profile's saved data when selecting the 'Delete everywhere' option. This will remove the existing cloud data that the game is getting stuck on when loading your Commander and the process does not affect your save game as this is stored on our servers, not Microsoft's.

In some cases you may be required to log in to your account again so please ensure you have your login details to hand, however the most noticeable change should be simply that your keybindings will have reset. To ensure you don't have any accidents when continuing into the game again please ensure your bindings are set up the way you like them before heading off.

Can you extra specially confirm that we won't lose our save files on your servers before we do this??

Elite: Dangerous Xbox One - Uncut

"Remember to bring your big boy pants!"

*Removes foot from mouth*

WELP, I was wrong! Apologies to the crew, your efforts are appreciated!

Thanks for the update Vangaurd

Ignem in nocte caelum

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast