Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Companion API stopped having Engineering Data

Still waiting for this feature to be reinstated...

Also still waiting. We had an amazing tool for planning and sharing builds. FDev took it away, and months have gone by with no assurances other than it is "under investigation". :-(
    Do they not understand how useful this information was for us?

My EDDI personality: ASTRA-EXT

Originally Posted by Tkael View Post (Source)
    Also still waiting. We had an amazing tool for planning and sharing builds. FDev took it away, and months have gone by with no assurances other than it is "under investigation". :-(
    Do they not understand how useful this information was for us?
    They don't. I said it many times, Frontier doesn't play their own game for any significant amount of time so they don't know the issues we're facing.
    Cmdr Kantos Kan, Trader, Explorer and occasional Bounty Hunter

I just hope the reason we're still waiting is because something a lot better is going to surface soon.....can but hope

Please Frontier, fix this as soon as possible. And please, please could you let the community know what the current status of a fix is?

If I'm honest, I'm more eagerly awaiting news of the possibility of this data returning to the API in 2.4 than I am anything to do with the Thargoid return…

FD any updates on this?

Windows 10 (64 bit) 32 GB Memory CPU i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition HTC VIVE

Please, Frontier, reinstate this as soon as possible!!

Originally Posted by CMDR BENWAY View Post (Source)
    I'm more eagerly awaiting news of the possibility of this data returning to the API in 2.4 than I am anything to do with the Thargoid return…
    This. I haven't met a live thargoid ship or visited a guardian site, a listening post or a thargoid 'base'. The only time I visited a crashed alien ship was to get something I needed for an engineer. I wonder if there are more users of the API than there are CMDRs who follow the alien story line.
    CMDR texaspete

The ability to automatically update module engineering information is not an optional feature which FDev can remove without notice. If you will not replace the previous functionality to the game then you should remove engineering from the game.

I have many things that I love about engineering, but this issue is really a sore point. To many thingsb get broken every time something new gets added, not good.

I can't believe we are still waiting for this to be fixed. I have hardly played since this happened, more due to my love of engineering ships and tweaking things on them. I am no min-maxer but I enjoy making ships better all-arounders and occasionally stripping down ships to see how far a jump range I can get. Having a Python and an imp courier that can jump almost 30ly even with a full loadout is fun and requires some tinkering. This is made very difficult without the engineering info displayed through the app and so I hardly play a game that I love very much. Heck my desktop is the blueprints of my fav ship to tinker with, the cutter. I call mine Spaceball One :p.

Please Fdev, bring it back soon!

Hey, new player here! I got really used to the convenience of having EDMC running to look at my travel logs and stare at my ship builds while I was away from my gaming pc. Then I opened up my newly overcharged Vulture today and actually thought I'd screwed up something, because its power capacity was not what it was supposed to be!

The ability to doodle around with ship designs on the go is really really nice, keeping me engaged with and thinking about the game while I didn't have it actually launched. Knowing what actual constraints you're working with is critical to that! I know you're already investigating this and i know changes break old features; I just also wanted to add my voice saying how important this was to my E:D experience.

Thanks!

Psshh... Im on Xbox and none of thay Inara/companion crap works. I mean, its 3303 and we dont have a mobile app??? Why cant I summon a ship from an app whilst working? Ih, because there isnt an app for that.

This might sound noob, but other than watching a video on what an API is in general, I'm not sure how that applies to the "API" this thread refers to. Also, I'd really like to know what it is since it seems clearly valuable to those who used it and just in case it comes back, I'd like to see what it can do to improve my game/ship builds. Thanks.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast