Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chasing Krill Around the Galaxy - A KM Expedition

Only one I have come across (out of four visited so far) is Hell Port in Seagull Sector DL-Y D3, about 3800 lys south east of sol

but pretty sure that can't be the only one

I've found 4 with shipyards so far:

Sisters' Refuge, HIP 16813

Hind Mine, T Tauri

Orion Nebula Tourist Centre, PMD2009 48

Hell Port, Seagull Sector DL-Y d3

After crossing the rift I headed back towards the bubble nebula before descending -2000ly below to find some neutrons to travel North, looking through the map yesterday I should be able to use some form of neutron highway northwest to colonia, there are a few other nebula to stop at along the way and I will pick out some interesting black holes and neutron systems along the way.

in the meantime here is another collection of clips from NGC 7822 / elephants trunk and surrounding areas along with a few clips traveling to the rift and back.

Still at 100% hull no accidents, hit a few binary systems and landed right in-between two stars in one system, but no fried Dolphin yet, it handles the heat quite well in SC, Found a few more ELW's along the way, I am loving the new loading times on the system map, I can actually check the system map now while charging the FSD (I used to jump out by time it loaded in 2.2!!!) Thanks FD!!!!!

and the modified discovery scanner I've bought along.... amazing well worth the extra tonnage! I am scanning moons at 60ls planets at 300ls and gas giants/stars at some 2000ls even a potato moon could be scanned at 40ls, the time it saves not getting in the gravity wells is a massive improvement! cant recommend enough.

Fly safe! o7

What grade mod did you get on the planet scanner? I was looking at that and trying to decide whether it was worth the extra weight.

I am jealous of people who get these mega fsd rolls. My Dolphin is currently on 45% as is my dbx. I was tryin to get a better roll on the dbx last night but every reroll was worse.

Originally Posted by jumpingclear View Post (Source)
    What grade mod did you get on the planet scanner? I was looking at that and trying to decide whether it was worth the extra weight.

I am jealous of people who get these mega fsd rolls. My Dolphin is currently on 45% as is my dbx. I was tryin to get a better roll on the dbx last night but every reroll was worse.

I went with a grade three, grade 5 kept giving me heavy scanners with marginal gains on distance so I just put them in storage, a grade 3 gets me 160% range and 60% mass increase if I remember the roll correctly, obviously long range because you can start scanning planets sooner and by time you have slowed down your closer to the planet so it scans faster, then going to the next planet your throttle already starts accelerating from 10-20c which is a major benefit.

My scanner weighs 2.1t that's 0.8t more and worth about 0.3ly if that and that's on a weight sensitive ship!

Regarding your fsd 45% isn't terrible, I have spent hundreds of rolls looking for the unicorn fsd drive, and the time involved to get the materials I proberbly could have been at beagle and on my way back by now, so does it really save you time? 45% on your DBx will get you a better range than my 55.2% dolphin in any case so go exploring!

Enjoy your trip.

I just bought a Dolphin, and a DBX. I managed to roll a 48% upgrade on the DBX FSD and I get 51Ly jumps. The Dolphin got a 47% roll, and only gets 35Ly jumps. Are you carrying any passenger cabins? Or, is it stripped way down? I'm not impressed with the DBX, compared to my AspX. Yes, it gets better jumps, but 0 cargo space, if I carry an SRV and AFMU. I'd like to head to the Rift, and then back to Colonia in the Dolphin, but I'll try Farseer again to get my jump range higher.

Originally Posted by Esral Sa Nikto View Post (Source)
    Enjoy your trip.

I just bought a Dolphin, and a DBX. I managed to roll a 48% upgrade on the DBX FSD and I get 51Ly jumps. The Dolphin got a 47% roll, and only gets 35Ly jumps. Are you carrying any passenger cabins? Or, is it stripped way down? I'm not impressed with the DBX, compared to my AspX. Yes, it gets better jumps, but 0 cargo space, if I carry an SRV and AFMU. I'd like to head to the Rift, and then back to Colonia in the Dolphin, but I'll try Farseer again to get my jump range higher.
    My dolphin is just your standard exploration load out, d spec components and basic sRV / shields - link in my first post to coriolis, you must have a passenger cabin to get as low as 35ly with a 47% fsd!

I don't carry passengers, I don't want their filthy mits all over my ship nor do I want them urinating in my pool on the bottom deck - class 5 slot is empty (except cargo you know just in case and it weighs nothing )

Originally Posted by Kenneth Mcgrew View Post (Source)
    in the meantime here is another collection of clips from NGC 7822 / elephants trunk and surrounding areas along with a few clips traveling to the rift and back.

https://youtu.be/d5lP4pdpz_4

Fly safe! o7
    thx for your vidz, like the music/mood you chose for them

interesting btw,
    although you are exploring quite some days and will have seen a lot,
    it looks like it was the Dolphin which brought you to video editing and to "show off" its (and EDs) bright sides

--------------Update------------

*note to self I really should keep better track of where I have been as I'm a little lost on distance and systems visited but as a rough guide I am a third the way to Colonia having come from the rift.

I met with a tri star and jumped through one of the stars before appearing in front of the main star in one system which meant things got a little toasty, When I was in my DBx this had never been an issue because of the way it handles heat, and I have always been of the opinion heat sinks were "not for me" as the "warning heat temperature critical" warning rang though my head I though I may have to eat my words but nothings changed just a few sparks and a bit of module damage, nothing the AMFU can't repair PP & hull still at 100%

I landed on a nearby moon to switch all systems off and repair those which needed it, and now the Dolphin is back to full health

I hopped onto the neutron highway and plotted a tanks worth of supercharged jumps before refilling at an F class star some 1,400ly away here there were 4 ELW's which got me thinking about actually what I would be missing by travelling along the highway, therefore I jumped back off and re-routed my course (in my head as its further than 1kly) to dot between some nebula along the way, it seams a wasted opportunity to look into each system I drop into thanks to the new loading screen times, who knows how long they will last therefore I will make the most of it and only use the highway if loading times start becoming a chore again (FD I hope you don't change it grrrr!!!)

So with the Neutron fields abandoned you will see in the video below some of my favourite planets, Ringed Hula water worlds, Earth likes, Neutrons and some Nebulas along the way

Quick rough map

Video: Dolphin Explorer part 3

Enjoy & Fly Safe o7

Originally Posted by Rudi Raumkraut View Post (Source)
    thx for your vidz, like the music/mood you chose for them

interesting btw,
    although you are exploring quite some days and will have seen a lot,
    it looks like it was the Dolphin which brought you to video editing and to "show off" its (and EDs) bright sides
    Sort of, combination of the new camera and the Dolphin, the old camera was awful you had to roughly "guess" where the ship was and hope it was in the right orientation before entering the camera, now we can control the ship while fixing the camera to a point which makes taking videos quite easy rather than a 5 minute drawn out affair, glad you like the videos, there will be plenty more to come.

Nice vids - I know the Xbox can record, but I wasn't aware that it can also edit and add music. If it can, I would love to know how to do it.

If not, are you also using a capture card, or somehow exporting those to a PC?

Keep them coming, good work!

Riôt

Originally Posted by MrFailfactory View Post (Source)
    Nice vids - I know the Xbox can record, but I wasn't aware that it can also edit and add music. If it can, I would love to know how to do it.

If not, are you also using a capture card, or somehow exporting those to a PC?

Keep them coming, good work!

Riôt

Unfortunately the Xbox can't edit videos, I download them from XboxDVR on PC and then use a basic video editor to stich them all together and add music etc

thx for watching!

--------Update-----------

I recently was scouting a nebula for a nice place to film a planetary landing when a NPC appeared on the Radar, I looked around the local systems with population filter set to minimal and found an asteroid base hiding within it.

I was eager to jump out of the bubble and thought I had picked the right colour CMDR outfit, evidently in my first videos I did not click apply, but this wonderful asteroid base in the back of beyond allowed outfitting and I changed my suit now all matching and the OCD sense has stopped tingling

I found a few neutrons off the beaten track and used them when I could but I am now half way to Colonia roughly taking the slow road there meandering through the nebula and interesting things I find in the skybox.

I have found numerous ELW's and WW's I just cant believe how many I used to miss by just jumping along for speed.

And as promised here is the next instalment hope you enjoy!

-------Update------

Distance from Sol: 12,312LY
    Distance Travelled so far: 51,786LY
    Days since departure: 22
    Krill found: 18

This weeks update takes us from the south western nebulas to within 8kly of Colonia. Meandering from one nebula to the next and a detour to the rift and back has meant the actual distance travelled is quite a clip but straight line speed is going quite slow, I am now close enough to the core to have hundreds of neutrons above and below me and keep hopping back onto the highway in-between destinations

I can’t quite get the neutron boost sub 1 min, the Galaxy map has a habit of re-orientating itself in the wrong direction and I get nervous charging the FSD while still escaping the jets, I don’t know why but with quite a bit of data on board I am playing it cautious but I am very happy with my 1m.15s average neutron to neutron inc witchspace, route plotting the whole shebang!

While perusing the gal map I found a few more Krill (ELW’s) but in one system while fuel scooping and repairing the FSD I noticed a rough surface on a landable planet just from the gal map which made me go closer to investigate, A mountain no less with a sheer cliff face reaching 26km into the “sky” but what I liked most about this mountain is the nebula stuck on top of it in the background
    I re-joined the highway for another few KLY along to the next destination… yet another nebula this one has a few main stars and systems unclaimed so I tagged one of interest but I left the others well alone for others to claim, the slow road is not so well travelled it would appear and I am only seeing “explored” systems actually in the nebula, a lot of jump honking must have gone off in this region of space, missing some great finds too I might add!

Anyway I have to go repair the FSD again after playing with more neutrons…

Essential modules
    PP 100%
    Hull 100%
    Life support 7m:15s remaining

Everything else I can fix 

Fly safe o7

Originally Posted by Kenneth Mcgrew View Post (Source)
    I love this ship!

A few kly more into the deep... fin deep some might say

Can't help but see this...

Originally Posted by tazbert View Post (Source)
    Can't help but see this...

http://i.imgur.com/EAK8YPS.jpg
    heh, i like it ... not the bus... that's a monstrosity, but the Dolphin yes...

that bus is like the Aldi equivalent like a Dolphin but....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast