Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: CTRL + ALT + SPACE – Elite Dangerous Film Competition 2017

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

CTRL + ALT + SPACE – Elite Dangerous Film Competition 2017

Attachment 117966

As you might remember we held a video competition in 2015 called CTRL+ALT+SPACE and the entries we received were awesome. Now with The Commanders Update 2.3 the ability for video content creators to control the camera and apply certain effects during capture, we are hosting a new CTRL+ALT+SPACE!

How To Enter
    Create a short film (no more than 4 minutes) in a theme of your choosing using the Camera Suite. This theme could be a short story, a trailer, or anything else you wish; however, be aware of the rules listed below before entering! Upload your video to YouTube as Public or Unlisted and send the URL of the video to community@frontier.co.uk with CTRL+ALT+SPACE in the Subject line!

We’re looking to be dazzled so whether you decide to create a trailer or a short film, the idea should be clear in your head and conveyed through your video.

We’re looking forward to seeing what you make, CMDRs.

Entries will close on Tuesday 9th May at 23:59 UTC

What will you win?
    The winner of the Elite Dangerous Film Competition 2017 will receive the following amazing bundle of prizes from Elgato and HyperX, and the Frontier Store:

Elgato HD60 Pro Video capture card
    HyperX Headset Cloud 2
    HyperX Keyboard Alloy FPS
    HyperX Pro Gaming Mousepad

Camo Flight Suit Pack
    Conciliator Flight Suit Pack
    Systematic Flight Suit Pack
    Classic Flight Suit Pack
    Combat Name Plate Pack
    Explorer Name Plate Pack
    Passenger Name Plate Pack
    Pirate Name Plate Pack
    Boundary Ship ID Name Plate Pack
    Trader Name Plate Pack
    Practical Name Plate Pack
    Trilateral Pack Tattoo
    Ancestral Pack Tattoo
    Exotic Pack Tattoo
    Grime Pack Tattoo
    And all of the Community Event Prize packs listed here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ty-Prize-Packs

The top nine runners up won’t leave empty handed, and will get two prize packs of their own choice from this list: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ty-Prize-Packs

How will the competition be judged?

Much like last year, we will be working with the video editors and artists to come up with 10 videos that truly stand out. After that we’ll be sitting down together with a panel of judges and deciding on the number 1 film!
    We will be judging based on creativity, originality, ingenuity and we will be paying close attention to editing, narrative, and scene composition.
    We will then show the top 10 films on a livestream with members from the judging panel explaining their choices.

Rules

• Video content must be no more than 4 minutes long
    • Upload your videos to YouTube either as Public or Unlisted and send the link to community@frontier.co.uk
    • All entries must be submitted by Tuesday 9th May 2017 at 23:59 UTC – the judging process will then take a week
    • You are responsible for licensing any copyrighted material such as music tracks that you use in your submission
    • Objectionable or offensive content will be disqualified
    • Submissions will be judged by our Frontier Developments video editors and artists – we will be judging based on creativity, originality and ingenuity
    • Winners will be selected and publicly announced the following Tuesday 9th May on the Elite Dangerous livestream – they will then be uploaded to the blog and forum

Looking forwards to seeing the entries. Some great prizes too. I suck at video editing but will probably whip something up and give it a go.
    Elite | Entrepreneur | Elite | Mostly Helpless
    Duke - Friendly | Rear Admiral - Friendly | Alliance - Friendly
    Current Assets: ~3,000Mil Cr | All ships owned | All Engineers grade 5 unlocked
    Saitex X-52 Pro| 3.4GHz i5 CPU | 16Gb Corsair DDR3 RAM | Asus Z87-D MB | GTX 1080 GPU | Oculus Rift | 1.25TB Samsung SSDs | 8TB HDDs
    Q&A Developer Livestream Questions gathering Thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-A-Livestreams

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    [*]You are responsible for licensing any copyrighted material such as music tracks that you use in your submission
    These days YouTube tends to have a far more reasonable approach to the use of copyright music.

If you go here ..

https://www.youtube.com/music_policies

.. search for the name of the track you intend to use and then select it you'll see a description of their policy concerning that track.

For example, for Iggy Pop's The Passenger it says ..

If you use this song
    Playback: Viewable worldwide
    Advertising: Ads can appear

If you perform a cover

What is your policy regarding this competion?

(click this image to discover the best of the forum)

4. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #4
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    These days YouTube tends to have a far more reasonable approach to the use of copyright music.

If you go here ..

https://www.youtube.com/music_policies

.. search for the name of the track you intend to use and then select it you'll see a description of their policy concerning that track.

For example, for Iggy Pop's The Passenger it says ..

If you use this song

If you perform a cover

What is your policy regarding this competion?
    Indeed, but the 'rule' that was posted is a bit of a catch-all. We don't have any restrictions on the music or ads attached to the video, but it is the responsibility of the video creator to make sure they have permission to use the music and credit as necessary.

Wow...we only have two weeks... that's quite short. Will try to submit something before the due date.
    Prime Minister of New D.A.W.N. - French Democracy - Alliance

Subbed.... Looking forward to seeing what kind of creative content people can come up with. Wish there were more time to come up with something. It would be difficult for me to contribute with Real Life occurring simultaneously along with my Elite Simulation time frame.

Houston... we seem to be experiencing technical difficulties.... please advise. Over.

Kidding aside, this sounds like fun and I'm off to give it a go.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/ShadowWolf_Kell/MaiaSig3b.png

AND THE WINNER IS!

"These days any man who can sew a black flag and get ten fools to follow him can take a prize.
    They can take it because of the fear that I and men like me have instilled in their prey.
    But they can't do what I can do. They're not built for it. And sooner or later, they'll be exposed." Capt'n Flint

Piracy By Sandro Sammarco

Greedy Raider Channel , Piracy , PvP , Tutorials, Tests , Stupid stuff and more!

Can we use music from the game and credit Frontier Developments?

While I'll admit this sounds like the whole lots of work to have fun I have been known to engage in...

I don't want any of the prizes.

I've no need of a video capture card.
    I like my Plantronics Headset.
    I only use ergonomic keyboards.
    A mousepad is a bit of rubber with some fabric glued to it.
    And I don't use cosmetics. I bought The Commanders Pack when I bought Elite and Horizons. I used the blue paintjob on my Sidewinder for the day I used my Sidewinder. I've never wanted to buy anything else.
    I don't want to be a famous YouPotato, or help anyone ever sell advertisement. If my opinion of the advertising industry were any lower you could slide it under an ambulance-chasing shyster doing the limbo under a flatworm.

So I will wish all the competitors the best of luck, and spend my time making credits instead!

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    While I'll admit this sounds like the whole lots of work to have fun I have been known to engage in...

I don't want any of the prizes.

I've no need of a video capture card.
    I like my Plantronics Headset.
    I only use ergonomic keyboards.
    A mousepad is a bit of rubber with some fabric glued to it.
    And I don't use cosmetics. I bought The Commanders Pack when I bought Elite and Horizons. I used the blue paintjob on my Sidewinder for the day I used my Sidewinder. I've never wanted to buy anything else.
    I don't want to be a famous YouPotato, or help anyone ever sell advertisement. If my opinion of the advertising industry were any lower you could slide it under an ambulance-chasing shyster doing the limbo under a flatworm.

So I will wish all the competitors the best of luck, and spend my time making credits instead!
    FIRE..... READY.... AIM!!!

Hah, I had a feeling this would be coming with the new camera suite, but I somehow wasn't cynical enough at the time to say it out loud. Can't afford your own advertising, or just getting too used to "crowdsourcing" it?

Originally Posted by Loskene View Post (Source)
    Hah, I had a feeling this would be coming with the new camera suite, but I somehow wasn't cynical enough at the time to say it out loud. Can't afford your own advertising, or just getting too used to "crowdsourcing" it?
    On the flipside, I'd rather see 20 awesome videos than 2 that FD made. This new camera is basically worth its dev time 20x over because we all know that a lot of this community are super-creative with this stuff and then it makes for awesome promo stuff. This is probably my favourite feature of 2.3.

GIMME DEM VIDEOS!

14. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #14
    Originally Posted by Loskene View Post (Source)
    Or maybe we loved hosting this competition last time so much that we wanted to do it again. We like seeing the videos the community already make and thought this would be a fun incentive. So much unnecessary, misplaced negativity in your post. I was the driving force behind this competition - Community engagement not marketing was at the heart of it.

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Or maybe we loved hosting this competition last time so much that we wanted to do it again. We like seeing the videos the community already make and thought this would be a fun incentive. So much unnecessary, misplaced negativity in your post. I was the driving force behind this competition - Community engagement not marketing was at the heart of it.
    How come you didn't do one last year

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast