Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: No more camera shots from me ...

Hi CMDR's,

If you are having problems please take a look at my post detailing how to set your controllers up. You can find it here

Originally Posted by marx View Post (Source)
    For your "egg-like" ammonia world, that looks like you zoomed out too far and that's why it's distorted. The camera suite actually mimics cameras now. Try fiddling around with the zoom, and notice how such things change. In your case, it would be best to leave the zoom at default and use the camera position to get the planet and your ship in the shot.
    Yeah that was indeed the problem. Thanks Marx. I just wished they left the former camera functional, it also "looks like" the new camera will drop the resolution to default as well. Not sure but the images I make aren't as great as they were before. Images from the default view (not camera) just look way better.

Originally Posted by Rardain View Post (Source)
    Hi CMDR's,

If you are having problems please take a look at my post detailing how to set your controllers up. You can find it here
    Yep - just found it - thank you - I will give it a try ...
    I remember 'Journey into Space'

Each to their own, but I honestly can't understand how anyone can have fault with new system and pine for the old. Took me about 40mins binding the essentials (so the cam handled pretty much like a ship), and it immediately became intuitive and opened up countless shots that simply wouldn't have been possible before.

...it's so easy to use (particularly with the Elite pad) and so versatile I'm finding I'm taking too many damn pics, and at times habitually flicking into cam mode to look around or see if anything catches my eye. It sometimes threatens to become a distraction... And I love the interior cams, too. Previously, shots from interiors were just POV's - now there's more detail and sense of character (pun sortof intended).

You can go closer than ever before, compress scale better than ever before, appreciate the size of your ship relative to its environment better (far greater effective distance from ship), use wide angle shots, and then of course there's the hijinks of not taking shots but detaching the cam and doing stunts in the SRV with a locked cam position (never been able to take proper 'action' shots of the SRV before. fun locking the cam and playing around with ships above a surface for risky but impressive looking maneuvers - I've never properly seen how my inputs translate to movement from the outside before... the DBX is surprisingly nimble, and oddly graceful).

In my book it's perhaps the best implemented cam system I've ever seen in a game, and I admire FDev's timing/planning by bundling this feature with the buff to visuals (on console, at least) and the Holo-me - perfect timing, as each element reinforces the impact of the next.

any way to save views?

until I can save camera angles to hotkeys I really don't see the point. Pretty much all the default angles are too close and very obtuse on bigger ships.

Yeah you really need to allocate time getting the bindings right. Otherwise you might end up burning up by a star's heat or something similar...

Struggling here too,
    I mean I really really want to it use and enjoy it, but I already have extensive bindings to control the ship so anything I can think of to move the camera always clashes with some thrusters or pips or weapons and whatnot...
    I can see in the control options a way to use the mouse (which I do not use for the ship) but the camera doesn't seem to be responding to any mouse input.

Leaving it be for now until I can find the right tutorial...
    FSD charging...4....3.....2...

Originally Posted by BaldEagle View Post (Source)
    Am I the only one who hates this new camera set-up?
    Whilst I can appreciate some like to have a complex system, the old method seemed to work well but has now vanished, to be replaced by ...?
    I have tried various settings, but apart from the fixed views of various bits of the ship (why?) and the cabin (soon gets boring) all I get is the camera zooming off somewhere to the left and not responding to any controls.
    So, I don't see me getting any more shots of my 'discoveries' any time soon
    I completely agree. While I can appreciate features, at present this turd is a pain and ive spent a couple hours already trying to get something where I can snap to 3rd person quickly and free the camera to no gain. The old method was superior for me insomuch that is was simple and did the trick with min. setup and babying needed to get squared away.

Far superior to be able to cam-float round my ship following a path than this complicated turd of locked field of visions and ship control.

Originally Posted by Ventus View Post (Source)
    I completely agree. While I can appreciate features, at present this turd is a pain and ive spent a couple hours already trying to get something where I can snap to 3rd person quickly and free the camera to no gain. The old method was superior for me insomuch that is was simple and did the trick with min. setup and babying needed to get squared away.

Far superior to be able to cam-float round my ship following a path than this complicated turd of locked field of visions and ship control.
    Are you all talking about the ctrl-alt-space free camera view?

If so, at least for me, it was not too difficult. You do have to bind a good number of controller settings, but such bindings are independent of all ship control bindings. Just bound them to similar ship movement controls, so its like I'm flying the camera.

Originally Posted by Flash_Baggins View Post (Source)
    Im not a fan yet, due to the fact I need about 10 times the number of keys I have available, and how awkward it can be to make minor adjustments in free cam, but I reckon once I get used to it it will be fine

I just feel sorry for all those who have a full HOTAS setup, now they have to fly around with a keyboard at their elbow like Wesley Crusher
    HOTAS Player here and the only thing I need a keyboard for is chat and galaxy map, the latter of which I could switch to my HOTAS as well. Key is modifiers. Helps when you start getting full on button setups

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234