Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Galaxy / System Map tag not pointing to target

Originally Posted by malenfant View Post (Source)
    At least for me, this appears to be solved by setting the SuperSampling to 1.0x in the Graphics/Quality settings. As soon as I did that and reloaded the game the tips were pointing in the right place again on the galaxy map and on the system map.
    This works at 1.5x (in game graphic settings, super sampling) for me but still not able to pick up bookmarks!

I too am having this problem. 2580x1440 on 1080 with supersampling 2.0x. Dropping it down to 1.0x supersamping in 2k resolution does not fix the issue. I can drop to 1920x1080 supersampling 1.0x and it'll work fine... This is the most annoying bug I've ever witnessed....... Hope this gets fixed soon. After taking a break and finally getting back into Elite with 2.3 I "Was" excited. Now, I wait until this bug is fixed for higher resolution monitors with supersampling.

Same issue as above

Same for me.
    resolution: 3840x2160
    GTX TITAN X with fully updated Nvidia drivers.

Same for me.
    workaround for my is indeed: lower Supersampling, then i see the pop up in the lower right conrner of the screen

Same for me.
    workaround for me is indeed: lower Supersampling, then i see the pop up in the lower right conrner of the screen

Same for me.

I've got this as well, at 4k, and you don't need to change resolution or SuperSampling settings to get around it.

Select the star you want, and drag the map so the target is top left on the galmap - the floating box should now be on screen, and you can mouse to it quite easily. It also works on the system map, depending on the size of the system and your destination.

It's a far more acceptable workaround than changing settings, and works well enough until FD fix it properly.

There are game players, and then there are Elite players

Anaconda : Mjolnir / iClipper : Lord of the Isles / Cobra MkIII : Spirit of Ryder / Asp Explorer : Abeona's Vision / Dolphin : Neptune's Pride / Assorted others : unnamed

Originally Posted by heretowatch View Post (Source)
    I hope you're not just planning on running 1080p with that 1080Ti. 4K isn't fancy pants, it's completely normal for it to be supported in modern games.
    Definitely not, but it's my only option if I want to keep paying ... so I'm opting to wait for a fix. I was playing at 4K with my 970 pre-upgrade. I'm really surprised with the ongoing lack of decent QA in this game at times. As a programmer I can understand when obscure combinations of things don't work but I would have thought using the galaxy map at 4K would be a fairly standard use case.

Hope it gets fixed soon!

Same for me

The galaxy map is not working for me in 4k res either
    Win 10
    GTX 1070 on NVidia 381.65
    4K DSR on 1080 monitor

Please fix!

System Map description of body selected shows info away from the object

Severity
    Moderate

Frequency
    Rarely (25%)

Time of occurrence
    15:27

Date of occurrence
    15/04/17

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type

Commander Name
    STEVE ARTHUR

Description
    Go to the system map and select a planetary body and it's description is shown far away from the object.

As you see in the screenshot I'm actually pointing at the Neutron Star

Steps to Reproduce
    This appears to happen after it has taken an inordinate amount of time in Hyperspace between systems

Additional files?

Can confirm the existance of the problem, only I have it far more thatn 25%
    I do not know if it's 100% but when looking up system details an checking distances
    its since 2.3 happening at least very often.

Regards,

Miklos
    You can't treat a computer like humans; a computer needs love.

It happens 100% of the time after I've had an exceptionally long Hyperspace. Quitting to main menu and restarting doesn't resolve it. Quiting to the desktop and restarting resolves the issue until I have a long Hyperspace, hence why I put it as 25%.
    CMDR: STEVE ARTHUR.
    COMBAT: MASTER - TRADE: ENTREPRENEUR - EXPLORER: ELITE
    FEDERATION: LT. COMMANDER -
    EMPIRE: BARON
    ED PILOTS LICENCE

14. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #314
    Hi guys,

We know you guys are all keen to get back to playing in very high resolution modes and that Elite Dangerous looks amazing in 4k. I just wanted to confirm that we are here, we are listening, and we are hoping to get this sorted for you.

As a note for anyone new entering this thread, the galaxy map may prove difficult to use in high resolutions. For now we suggest using 1080p (1920x1080) for the most reliable behaviour while we work on fixing it.

Please do note that as much as the guys sat with me here in the Support team would love to help, there's not likely to be anything we could suggest further than I've mentioned above. If you do happen to have a ticket open with us for this issue we would be very appreciative if you're able to close the ticket and adjust your resolution accordingly for the time being. This would go a long way to help us to get back to a lot of other players who still need our help with other problems. Thank you so much! Please enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)
    Frontier Customer Support Team

I'm glad to see/hear Support is looking at this. It is a big problem. Also today I started experiencing some other graphics anomalies, seemingly unrelated to galaxy map. I restarted game several times to no avail. This was not happening less than 24 hours ago. It is hard to describe, like the space I'm flying through video is slow, "space rush" is smeared and slow. HUD graphics seem normal. Because of its difficulty to describe, I'm not submitting a ticket and just hope it gets resolved along with these other issues. I have a GTX 1080, playing on a 4K monitor.

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast