Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #170

Newsletter #170

The Commanders 2.3 is here!

NEWSLETTER #170

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

The Commanders have arrived.

This week sees a host of incredible new features come into the game, and we've been delighted with your feedback so far. We've got loads for you to get involved with, we hope you enjoy!

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

The Commanders 2.3 update is here! 

Bringing innumerate new elements to the Elite Dangerous Galaxy, you can play the game like never before.

We've already got to see your amazing creations from the Commander Creator and some incredible battles from you teaming up in Multi-Crew. 

With even more features available in the new update, as well as many mysteries yet to be uncovered, this really is the biggest update yet.

PLAY THE COMMANDERS 

Livestream Lowdown
    Catch up with videos from the community team

2.3 RELEASE LIVESTREAM

With the release of The Commanders 2.3 this week, Ed decided to celebrate with a special 4 hour live stream.

His guests included Producers Adam Woods and Eddie Symons, Designers Sandro Sammarco and Steve Kirby, Head of Communications Zac Antonaci and CEO/Elite Co-Founder David Braben himself!

STORE SPOTLIGHT
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

Let everyone in the galaxy know who they're messing with via these decorative Name Plates to adorn your ship.

Available in a number of designs to appeal to traders, explorers, pirates and other professions, make your ship one to be feared or revered by other Commanders in the Elite Dangerous galaxy!

KEEP ON THE PULSE

Entice your passengers, bewilder your foes and excite bystanders with these cutting edge Pulse paint jobs.

Available in a variety of colours for both the Python and the Anaconda, these are paint jobs you simply can't miss.

SUIT UP!

Add some flair to your commander via Holo-Me and this collection of flight suits!

With conciliator and systematic packs currently available, both containing a variety of colors, there's sure to be a style perfect for your commander to wear.

TIME TO FACE OFF

Give your Commander some real character with striking face tattoos and war paint, availabe in a variety of styles and designs.

With the people of the 24th century as diverse as the stars they travel between, these markings allow you to add your own flair to your Commander no matter what your chosen path.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

CTRL + ALT + SPACE COMPETITION

With the arrival of the incredible camera suite, it only makes sense that the CTRL + ALT + SPACE film competition returns.

To enter, create a short film with a theme of your choosing using the camera suite and submit it for a chance to win an amazing bundle of prizes from Elgato and HyperX.

For all the details, head over to the dedicated forum post.

WINGS PVP LEAUGE

The latest season of the Wings PVP league is nearly upon us. It's set to be the biggest in history, with a record 20 wings fielding teams in the competition.

To get yourself involved, head on over to the dedicated Reddit thread. We can't wait!

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy

UTOPIA RESEARCH APPEAL

The Utopia Commune has issued a request for various commodities to be used in a forthcoming research and development programme. Simguru Pranav Antal, leader of the Utopian movement, said that Utopia was willing to pay above-market prices for the requested materials.

COLONIA RESOURCE DRIVE

With the Colonia community continuing to expand, the Colonia Co-operative has placed an open order for mined various materials for the development of infrastructure throughout Colonia and the surrounding systems. The organisation is offering generous premiums to pilots who deliver materials to Colonia Dream in the Eol Prou Lw-L C8-76 system.

ORDER RESTORED IN GANDII

After a period of intense conflict, the Gandii Justice Party has defeated the forces of the Hand Gang of Gandii in the Gandii system. Both organisations called in support from independent combat pilots, but ultimately it was the Gandii Justice Party that emerged victorious

Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on

COLONIA RESOURCE DRIVE 
    Coloniia Dream, Eol Prou Lw-L C8-76

Deliver Exploration Data to Gilmour Orbiter in the Tau Ceti system for the Federation.

UTOPIA RESEARCH APPEAL

Cenker City, Gucumadhyas

Earn rewards by delivering Zirconium, Conductive Ceramics, and Strange Wake Solutions to Cenker City in the Gucumadhyas system.

Comms Chatter
    A round up of this week's community content

FLIPPING MARVELOUS

The camera suite has improved how you can film SRV stunts on planet surfaces, as demonstrated by Andromeda0.

WORKING ON A TAN?

"Still one of the most amazing things I've seen in this game" says CMDR Crusina.

LOOKING MAJESTIC

Skipp Doe took the new Dolphin out for a swim.

CRUISE CONTROL

warning strong language

Defragmentetris gets excited about seeing his Commander come to life in an SRV on the planet surface.

See you in the black, Commanders

The Frontier Developments Team

If you no longer wish to receive emails from Frontier about Elite Dangerous, you can unsubscribe

Enjoyed this email? Why not forward to a friend

Frontier

Copyright © 2016 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.

Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England,  CB4 0WG, UK

innumerate
    ɪˈnjuːm(ə)rət
    adjective
    1. without a basic knowledge of mathematics and arithmetic.

Well...that explains a few things then... Perhaps:

innumerable
    ɪˈnjuːm(ə)rəb(ə)l
    adjective
    1. too many to be counted (often used hyperbolically)

This week sees a host of incredible new features come into the game, and we've been delighted with your feedback so far. We've got loads for you to get involved with, we hope you enjoy,............ Your delighted with feedback so far......REALLY i mean REALLY

This really is the biggest update yet.
    How exactly did you reach that conclusion? I would argue that both 1.5 and 2.0 were both bigger, 1.5 got more new ships, 2.0 got actual new content.

Originally Posted by SlugwormX View Post (Source)
    innumerate
    ɪˈnjuːm(ə)rət
    adjective
    1. without a basic knowledge of mathematics and arithmetic.

Well...that explains a few things then...
    Including thinking that 3302 is in the 24th century…

now that 2.3 is out of the way, 2.4 info please...and next season. I feel we've waited long enough. I want to know if i should keep having faith....

Originally Posted by CMDR Cillian Raynor View Post (Source)
    now that 2.3 is out of the way, 2.4 info please...and next season. I feel we've waited long enough. I want to know if i should keep having faith....
    euhh
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ter-kill-in-CZ
    still not resolved and you are asking for 2.4 ?
    i think they have other prio's before even thinking about 2.4
    Born a Sniper Mercenary by choice
    Equiped: Motherbord IBM Pro with AMD K6-2 500MHZ 200 GIGA HDD 2MB RAM

Originally Posted by peppi View Post (Source)
    euhh
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ter-kill-in-CZ
    still not resolved and you are asking for 2.4 ?
    i think they have other prio's before even thinking about 2.4
    Hello!

The top few articles in the newsletter are about generating sales, again. Please stop this. Find other ways to sell us stuff and keep the news letter about news. Plz.

Dr. Julius Strangepork
    is an ex actor and comedian, who now plays Elite: Dangerous.

Originally Posted by john willi View Post (Source)

Find other ways to sell us stuff .
    I am not selling only reacting to the fact that someone ask for 2.4 while his bug report from last year is stil not resolved
    And if this is about selling then they should begin with patching the game
    Born a Sniper Mercenary by choice
    Equiped: Motherbord IBM Pro with AMD K6-2 500MHZ 200 GIGA HDD 2MB RAM

Could someone post a link to the "Cruise Control" video (I assume it's meant to be a video). The newsletter links just go to a screenshot.

(new Buckyball race from 21 - 29 October : click banner for full race details)

Originally Posted by john willi View Post (Source)
    Hello!

The top few articles in the newsletter are about generating sales, again. Please stop this. Find other ways to sell us stuff and keep the news letter about news. Plz.
    Am curious, is your Avatar that guy from the Hannibal TV/Film series as your look is awfully on cue. CMIV

Originally Posted by peppi View Post (Source)
    I am not selling only reacting to the fact that someone ask for 2.4 while his bug report from last year is stil not resolved
    And if this is about selling then they should begin with patching the game
    Are you and him above married? CMIV

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    Thanks Patrick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast