Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Ok is it just me or are the servers the worst they've ever been today?

These issues WERE FIRST REPORTED ON FRIDAY! BY some of us who play the game enough to notice when behavior is starting to change. I posted a bug report on Friday about this, but it appeared that there was no one manning the bug report forums, so the report ended up getting buried in the usual mire of other bug reports.

Since Friday, the problem has been getting progressively worse, culminating in what we have now.

I wonder what would have happened if someone over at Frontier had been around and bothered to read that bug report filed early Friday when all this started going down hill?

THIS is why long time players are getting fed up!

Goldengoose7 - PC & Xbox One

Originally Posted by GG7 View Post (Source)
    I wonder what would have happened if someone over at Frontier had been around and bothered to read that bug report filed early Friday when all this started going down hill?
    I wonder what would have happened if someone over at Frontier had been around, whilst on a national holiday where EVeryone and their dog do not go into the office, and bothered to read that bug report filed early Friday.

FTFY
    (Credit for the image goes to Moozipan)
    Commander Reighdar One man. One ship. One galaxy.

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    I wonder what would have happened if someone over at Frontier had been around, whilst on a national holiday where EVeryone and their dog do not go into the office, and bothered to read that bug report filed early Friday.

FTFY
    Such are the drawbacks in running an online game that is supposed to have 24/7 availability...this is what FD signed up for when they decided to go the route they did with this game. And seriously...dropping such a major update with huge changes to the networking related to multi crew, and with the sheer amount of other known bugs and issues right before a four day holiday? On what planet does that sound like a good idea?

A few hours of downtime whilst trying to get someone on call to fix it over the holiday, yeah, but the better part of four days?

Originally Posted by straha20 View Post (Source)
    Such are the drawbacks in running an online game that is supposed to have 24/7 availability...this is what FD signed up for when they decided to go the route they did with this game. And seriously...dropping such a major update with huge changes to the networking related to multi crew, and with the sheer amount of other known bugs and issues right before a four day holiday? On what planet does that sound like a good idea?

A few hours of downtime whilst trying to get someone on call to fix it over the holiday, yeah, but the better part of four days?
    It`s a good idea for the publisher and developer because DRM - money.

It has NEVER been good for the consumer.

Originally Posted by straha20 View Post (Source)

A normal planet, where people would be decent human beings and ragefest over truly important things rather than demand complete strangers are at 24/7 standby because you paid them a few bucks. Unfortunately, we indeed do not live on that planet.

Ceterum censeo Pythem esse nerfam

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #276
    Good afternoon (in the UK that is) Commanders!

Thank you all for your feedback and patience whilst we work on ironing out a few bumps with the game servers that remain since last week's release of 2.3.

For those of you who have a better experience today than earlier in the weekend, that's good news and I'll see you in space!

For those of you still experiencing difficulties, thank you for taking the time to let us know that all is not well.
    We appreciate all the feedback, and we are continuing to look at relability and performance across all of the servers.
    It would help us if you were able to provide a little bit more information because context can help us address whole classes of problems that are affecting everybody.

For example, if you have been unexpectedly disconnected from the game and returned to the main menu, what were you doing at the time?
    Was it a super long hyperspace jump or exit from supercruise?
    Was there a message saying if it was the Adjudication, Matchmaking or Transaction servers that had a problem?
    If it was Adjudication or Matchmaking, were you playing in Solo or Multiplayer?
    Does it happen consistently when you do a thing, or is it seemingly at random times?
    If you've experienced empty mission boards, are all of them empty, or just certain stations?
    If you're unable to hand in a mission, did it involve Passengers, Cargo or doesn't it matter?

I'm afraid I probably won't be able to look into everything individually, but we do read your feedback.

Thanks,

Dav

While you're here Dav, I appear to have lost Universal Cartographics whereever I land, has someone been really prolific with UA bombing or is it offline on purpose?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Dav Stott View Post (Source)
    Good afternoon (in the UK that is) Commanders!

Thank you all for your feedback and patience whilst we work on ironing out a few bumps with the game servers that remain since last week's release of 2.3.

For those of you who have a better experience today than earlier in the weekend, that's good news and I'll see you in space!

For those of you still experiencing difficulties, thank you for taking the time to let us know that all is not well.
    We appreciate all the feedback, and we are continuing to look at relability and performance across all of the servers.
    It would help us if you were able to provide a little bit more information because context can help us address whole classes of problems that are affecting everybody.

For example, if you have been unexpectedly disconnected from the game and returned to the main menu, what were you doing at the time?
    Was it a super long hyperspace jump or exit from supercruise?supercruise down to a planet
    Was there a message saying if it was the Adjudication, Matchmaking or Transaction servers that had a problem?
    If it was Adjudication or Matchmaking, were you playing in Solo or Multiplayer?Matchmaking, Solo and open
    Does it happen consistently when you do a thing, or is it seemingly at random times?Random
    If you've experienced empty mission boards, are all of them empty, or just certain stations?
    If you're unable to hand in a mission, did it involve Passengers, Cargo or doesn't it matter?

I'm afraid I probably won't be able to look into everything individually, but we do read your feedback.

Thanks,

Dav
    Long hyperspace jumps and supercruise seem to be the worst

Cheers

Its always a matchmaking error

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    A normal planet, where people would be decent human beings and ragefest over truly important things rather than demand complete strangers are at 24/7 standby because you paid them a few bucks. Unfortunately, we indeed do not live on that planet.
    A lot, if not most of these things could have been alleviated by first, not releasing it with so many major issues, and second, not releasing right before a four day holiday when there are going to be most if not all people in the company taking the time off...which coincidentally means that the customer base also has time off, and a whole bunch of them are going to be trying to play the game...

Most of this ragefest was entirely avoidable with more sensible decisions. The thing that concerns me moving forward is that from a strictly software sense, this does not make sense...major updates should be done when it is possible to have an "all hands on deck" setting, which likely means that the decision to release was made at a higher level with concerns beyond the customer.

I already sent a bug report:

1. Was trying to fit 6 medical people in a the economy space when quit to desktop. today.

2. launcher not launching or taking a long time to launch ( a minute). today.

Gave up.

3. previous issues over past day, yesterday and saturday.

Multiple random quits while supercruising, or just in the outfitting section of the station, coming in to land at a planet station etc over the weekend. Impossible to complete long missions as several were lost due to unplayability after servers crashes.

I have a good pc with fibre wire net. Other websites, games have no trouble connecting/running.

Not the kind of service expected for money paid.

FTFY
    And this is your EXCUSE for denying HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of PAYING CUSTOMERS access to a game they paid for on THEIR Holiday Weekend?

WOW! Tone Deaf much?

Originally Posted by GG7 View Post (Source)
    And this is your EXCUSE for denying HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of PAYING CUSTOMERS access to a game they paid for on THEIR Holiday Weekend?

WOW! Tone Deaf much?
    Calm down!

I'm a player just like you. Who is EXCUSEing anything? I don't have HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of PAYING CUSTOMERS, I'm just pointing out that its a holiday period. Get a grip.
    (Credit for the image goes to Moozipan)
    Commander Reighdar One man. One ship. One galaxy.

I wasn't seeing any issues yesterday, but today the game is really jerky for some reason :/
    Playing ED on an LG 34UC88, 34" 21:9 Curved UltraWide WQHD Monitor ● Core i7 3.4GHz 4930K ● 32GB 2133MHz DDR3 RAM ● GeForce GTX 980 ● Samsung 512GB 840 EVO SSD

My wish list of new features for Elite: Dangerous can be read HERE

Calm down!

I'm a player just like you. Who is EXCUSEing anything? I don't have HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of PAYING CUSTOMERS, I'm just pointing out that its a holiday period. Get a grip.
    Do you think it was wise for Frontier to release such a big patch prior to a double bank holiday weekend? I don't.

Always MATCHMAKING.

Doesn't matter what game activity I am involved in at the time.

I was dropped over a dozen times yesterday simply sitting parked, idle in a docking bay at a station. Basically not doing anything with the game at all.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast