Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: aurthrise elite dangerous every time i copy the game to run off a RamDisk.....

aurthrise elite dangerous every time i copy the game to run off a RamDisk.....

Some times I lilke to run my games from ramdisk.

with elite, every time I make a copy of the files to ramdisk I need to authorise elite via email.

will it be possible to remove this DRM feature to allow users like my self, who wish to run games from ramdisk.

Take Microsoft FSX for instance, running from ramdisk gives a more fluid simulation, running 4k Ultra settings @ 120-240fps with no micro pauses.

its detecting each new copy as a different machine the game is running on thus it needs to check you are the account holder so I would not have thought so
    still though lets see what support says if they pick up on this as I would like to know even though my ssd is pretty fast as is

cheers STRONTIUM DOG, aye used to run with the SSD, but 3 months ago the SSD went to baby calculator heaven.

@ the mo running from HDD

sorry to hear your ssd went the great ssd in the cloud, did you attempt at least x2 bios power cycles on it as if they fail they normally fail to read only?

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #5
    Hi CMDR.

Strontium's correct about this - it's picked up as a different machine.

Given that validation is a security check, I don't believe there's any way to bypass.

Out of interest though, when you copy across, do you just use the actual game files or do you also copy your local AppData?

Hi Luna, just the root directory with the Products\elite-dangerous-64 folder(32bit version I don't copy over), the appdata folder is left to its default location (users).

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #7

hi luna, is it all right to still do this, and you guys don't mind sending the aurthrise code?

just worried about how many times I can do this.

would be nice if you just add something to the app data, thus eliminating the need to activate each time I do this.

anyhoo I hope you guys`n`girls have a great weekend.

9. This is the last staff post in this thread. #9
    Hi there CMDR.

The validation codes are mailed out automatically so you won't be ruining anyone's day

There's no limit on these at all so feel free to go for it!

cheers luna, gonna fire up the old girl and have some fun.