View Entry Info: Brown Character faces (holo-me and all others)

Category:
PC/MAC Bug Reports

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Brown Character faces (holo-me and all others)

Brown Character faces (holo-me and all others)

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    All of the time (100%)

Time of occurrence
    ALL

Date of occurrence
    ANY

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type

Commander Name
    Jaylem

Description
    Ever since 2.3 my character and all others have had this weird brown pattern across their faces. there was only one time the game actually worked with this...every other time this issue happens. I have checked through every setting on my graphics and it has no influence on the issue at all.

this has probably been posted before but I have no idea how to fix this issue.

Steps to Reproduce
    I can't exactly reproduce it but I do have the pictures of the issue

Additional files?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8lcdRtfjThmNzc5SlJ1WkVnY0k

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2
    Hey Jaylem, can you please provide a DXDiag as this will aid with our investigation. Thank you for reporting.

Sure thing! how do I do that though? I am not a very tech savvy person sorry :(

My lasers are red
    PA's are blue
    You break the law
    And I'm Coming for you....

I have also been encountering problems with avatar rendering. It shows up as the characters having black textures in stripes:

Apologies if you are reading this more than a week after the date of my post and this image is not showing but I may not leave it there for more than a week after I post this.

I am running the latest Win 10, on a laptop using AMD FX7600P and Crimson ReLive 16.12.2 drivers (I have heard that the latest AMD drivers have been causing some people problems with ED so I would prefer not to update right now). The problem does not manifest for all avatars and if I leave a station and dock at another it is not guaranteed to be present: it's about 50/50 whether the problem appears. I had no problems when I was constructing my character's Holo-me.
    Severity
    Minor
    Frequency
    Common (50%+)
    Time of occurrence
    First noticed 15:36 game time 20th April
    Date of occurrence
    First noticed 20th April
    VR?
    None
    Ship/SRV?
    Ship (not checked SRV)
    Ship Type
    Any
    Commander Name
    Edelgard von Rhein

I had the same issue but installing the latest nvidia grafic card driver did solve that.
    Elite | Elite | Elite |Semi Pro
    King- Allied|Admiral- Allied|Alliance - Friendly
    All ships | 3110 Mil Assets

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3,
    MSI Z97 Gaming 7,
    16GB RAM,
    Gigabyte Extreme Gaming GTX 1080,
    2x Crucial 256GB MX100 SSD,
    Samsung 120GB 840 Evo SSD,
    Enermax Revolution87+ 850W,
    Coolermaster HAF xb-Cube Evo,
    Noctua NH14S

what graphics card are you using? just curious so I can buy one in the hope it fixes the problem

My lasers are red
    PA's are blue
    You break the law
    And I'm Coming for you....

7. This is the last staff post in this thread. #7
    Hey Cmdrs,

You might find this helpful:

AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Nvidia: http://www.geforce.com/drivers

If you're not sure what you've got, search for Dxdiag in your Start menu and it will tell you in that.
    Please remember to use the bug reporting template, found in our guidelines for posting threads about bugs!
    Please check our known issues threads before making your report:
    PC & Mac - Known Issues Thread
    Xbox One - Known Issues Thread

Originally Posted by Jaylem View Post (Source)
    what graphics card are you using? just curious so I can buy one in the hope it fixes the problem
    Look at my sig.
    Frontier did change something in Beta and now live, before i was using an old driver and had no problems.
    Since holo me NPC faces and commander creator did look the way you decribed.
    Did install latest Nvidia drivers and it was gone.

Dont know about AMD cards thought.
    Elite | Elite | Elite |Semi Pro
    King- Allied|Admiral- Allied|Alliance - Friendly
    All ships | 3110 Mil Assets

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3,
    MSI Z97 Gaming 7,
    16GB RAM,
    Gigabyte Extreme Gaming GTX 1080,
    2x Crucial 256GB MX100 SSD,
    Samsung 120GB 840 Evo SSD,
    Enermax Revolution87+ 850W,
    Coolermaster HAF xb-Cube Evo,
    Noctua NH14S

Originally Posted by Edelgard von Rhein View Post (Source)
    I am running the latest Win 10, on a laptop using AMD FX7600P and Crimson ReLive 16.12.2 drivers (I have heard that the latest AMD drivers have been causing some people problems with ED so I would prefer not to update right now).
    If you can find them, give the 17.3.1 driver a spin, that's been working very well for me. 17.4.1 and 17.4.2 were a right mess, and I haven't tried .3 yet.

Make sure you have an install package for your current version around, going back is pretty painless, just run the setup and select all the parts you want to downgrade.
    Dem white knights nerfed muh mershn!

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    If you can find them, give the 17.3.1 driver a spin, that's been working very well for me. 17.4.1 and 17.4.2 were a right mess, and I haven't tried .3 yet.

Make sure you have an install package for your current version around, going back is pretty painless, just run the setup and select all the parts you want to downgrade.
    I have attempted to install the 17.3.1 but after downloading and installing it I found that my Crimson ReLive was 16.12.1 instead. I don't understand why - everything I selected to download and install said 17.3.1... . I decided then to just update to the latest version 17.4.3, which worked and shows as 17.4.3. Unfortunately, this problem remains, although it seems (so far) to affect fewer faces than before.

It looks like a problem with shader cache.

I played game for some time (everything were normal), than restarted my computer.
    After that, I had to log into ED launcher (for some reason I was logged off). And game started to re-build shader cache.

When I loaded game, my character had “dirty face”. :)

I tried to restart game, computer, run data verification. Nothing helped.
    Then I tried to re-install video drivers. Because I already had latest version (nVidia 381.65), and unable to upgrade to a newer version, I used “clean install” option.
    Game re-built shader cache once again and everything returned to normal.
    I am sorry for my poor English; it is not my native language.