Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous 2.3.01 bug fixes update coming early May

Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    two more weeks to fix the bug with map UI pointer? wow..... well at least we know something now
    "You will take your crumbs and like it"

Is how I feel right now...I know someone will call me impatient and petulant, but man, there are some glaring bugs out there. Up to 4 weeks for a patch that probably won't cover everything. Packhounds, Multi-Crew...Open unplayable with friends out in the deep and a multitude of folks with severe GalMap problems. I can't help saying I'm unhappy about this.
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(
    Originally Posted by Monk View Post (Source)
    IDK, I'm used to seeing good patches come within 1 or 2 weeks of release...this has been the case for a long time.
    Than you did not played with some of the games i did... there was some who rolled up weekly patches, but that patches usually created as many issue than they resolved. (if not more)
    OMG! It's full of photon torpedoes.
    CMDR Minonian.
    Ranks; Elite, entrepreneur 44%, Elite, professional 26%
    fed; Rear Admiral, Imp, Knight.

Ships; Asp; Void walker, Python; Vindicator, Anaconda; Tiamat, Cobra MK III; Uraeus, Fed Corvette; Ace of hearts.

Originally Posted by Minonian View Post (Source)
    Than you did not played with some of the games i did... there was some who rolled up weekly patches, but that patches usually created as many issue than they resolved. (if not more)
    We're not talking about other games.

Frontier has set a precedent of releasing buggy updates but following up with quick patches that fix most things.
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”

Early may huh... So a month for most pressing game fixes?

...isn't sure what's going on.
    Thanks Ed.

Ed, surely FDEV will postpone the event on April 29th until theses fixes are implemented. The MC and packhound ammo bugs alone will ruin that event day and not give Drew the ending he's hoping for, not to mention lots of Salomé supporters

"You will take your crumbs and like it"

Is how I feel right now...I know someone will call me impatient and petulant, but man, there are some glaring bugs out there. Up to 4 weeks for a patch that probably won't cover everything. Packhounds, Multi-Crew...Open unplayable with friends out in the deep and a multitude of folks with severe GalMap problems. I can't help saying I'm unhappy about this.
    You are absolutely right. A month long wait on a fix for some game breaking bugs is too long. It's common knowledge that patch releases often come with numerous bugs but they get fixed in a week or two max. This is just too long.

It's good news, & the update can't come soon enough.
    Nice to have the acknowledgement of the bugs reported too.

Unacceptable.
    Releasing a bunch of bugs, slowing down developement over the last months, shifting ressources and basicslly sidelining players by leaving major bugs in the game is unacceptable. Sorry, Ed, nothing personal.

Originally Posted by Tactical Tree View Post (Source)
    Early may huh... So a month for most pressing game fixes?
    They're most probably having to wait for Microsoft to ok the Xbox update so both can go live at the same time.

I am appreciative of the fact that there is some information.

I am fully prepared for some negative responses to what I am about to say.

This does very little to restore confidence in the development process. While I am sure that has been a lot of in house discussion, and FDev has every right to keep it internal, I feel that there are still some process issues that need to be addressed with the players...namely how we got to this point in the first place. What was the rationale that led to releasing 2.3 in the state that it was, with the known severe issues, and why it was released when it was, namely right before a four day weekend when there would be little to no personnel to respond to the known issues, as well as unforseen issues, compounded by the fact that the same four day holiday that saw minimal personnel would also see a significant increase in players trying to play.

Given the number of issues people found in the beta, that remained unresolved throughout the whole beta, and were released into the live game, what kind of reassurance can these early access players have to feel as if they were not just wasting their time and money? In short, why should any of us pay for the privilege of being early access players ever again?

I really think that in addition to the timeline given in the OP, some assurance of lessons learned, and step to correct and prevent is also needed.

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(
    We're not talking about other games.

Frontier has set a precedent of releasing buggy updates but following up with quick patches that fix most things.
    Has or had? Had right? There are also a reason of this. If you do micro patches weekly, than the micro patches also must be taken account to the major updates and macro patches. Otherwise, if not integrated the latest 2 development any of these 2 essentially rolling back the fixes you had done with the micropathces. I also seen more than enough cases in other game to have enough of em for a lifetime.
    OMG! It's full of photon torpedoes.
    CMDR Minonian.
    Ranks; Elite, entrepreneur 44%, Elite, professional 26%
    fed; Rear Admiral, Imp, Knight.

Ships; Asp; Void walker, Python; Vindicator, Anaconda; Tiamat, Cobra MK III; Uraeus, Fed Corvette; Ace of hearts.

Thank you for letting us know. To me playing in the Elite sandbox is great, and I much prefer to be a part of the journey - to the endless wait. Keep up the good work FD.

Originally Posted by Minonian View Post (Source)
    Has or had? Had right? There are also a reason of this. If you do micro patches weekly, than the micro patches also must be taken account to the major updates and macro patches. Otherwise, if not integrated the latest 2 development any of these 2 essentially rolling back the fixes you had done with the micropathces. I also seen more than enough cases in other game to have enough of em for a lifetime.
    My friend, you are making things up for Frontier. I'm basing my opinion on what Frontier did before and what expectations have already been established.

Trust me, I know quite a bit about major and minor patches, they are a part of my daily life. Frontier's minor patches have usually been very successful and timely.
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

Mr Intern, sah. Wondering whether this will be including any BGS patches or are they done server side and applied separately?

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast