Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous 2.3.01 bug fixes update coming early May

Originally Posted by Monk View Post (Source)
    "You will take your crumbs and like it"

Is how I feel right now...I know someone will call me impatient and petulant, but man, there are some glaring bugs out there. Up to 4 weeks for a patch that probably won't cover everything. Packhounds, Multi-Crew...Open unplayable with friends out in the deep and a multitude of folks with severe GalMap problems. I can't help saying I'm unhappy about this.
    Not gonna lie. I'm kinda with you there. There's things I wanna say about this but I'm holding my tongue out of respect. That said, I feel you on this one Monk.

Good to know that they are working on the various fixes , bad to know that the forum is going to be clogged up with a few more weeks of incessant whinging , self centred opinionated drivel and general moaning, but I guess that's the forums for us.

Originally Posted by Vingtetun View Post (Source)
    Mr Intern, sah. Wondering whether this will be including any BGS patches or are they done server side and applied separately?
    BGS doesn't require client side update so those can be fixed whatever fix is ready.

Well, I certainly hope to be able to log in before early May! I am on the XBox and have that "soft lock" you mention, Ed. I have even done the quick fix , only to have the issue happen again. I haven't been able to play since the update was released. Bit of a bummer, though I understand you are dealing with a lot of bugs. Maybe you guys released too early.

Iam quite disappointed that it take so long time from the release of 2.3 to the first bug fix patch.
    And not a word on the mouse bug that more or less prevent me ( and others) to play the game proper if you are using Oculus.

My friend, you are making things up for Frontier. I'm basing my opinion on what Frontier did before and what expectations have already been established.

Trust me, I know quite a bit about major and minor patches, they are a part of my daily life. Frontier's minor patches have usually been very successful and timely.
    Which might lead one to speculate that the bugs in question are proving to be a bit more challenging than those fixed in the updates that have previously followed a point release.

Originally Posted by Momoka Azuka View Post (Source)
    Not gonna lie. I'm kinda with you there. There's things I wanna say about this but I'm holding my tongue out of respect. That said, I feel you on this one Monk.
    I just have an extra fire lit...I just got my close friend to start playing after showing the game to him and letting him land my ship several times. He decided to buy the game during the last sale and afterwards I told him, "Don't worry about the bugs and stability issues, Frontier is really good about quickly releasing patches soon after a major update."

Now I'm the jerk with egg on his face.

My friend, you are making things up for Frontier. I'm basing my opinion on what Frontier did before and what expectations have already been established.

Trust me, I know quite a bit about major and minor patches, they are a part of my daily life. Frontier's minor patches have usually been very successful and timely.
    I can only agree in this. :D
    But as i said, i had some awfully bad experience about this patches. No names said.

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    Which might lead one to speculate that the bugs in question are proving to be a bit more challenging than those fixed in the updates that have previously followed a point release.
    I can accept that...but are there no bugs that are low-hanging fruit? Is everything a terrible mess? That doesn't bode well, either.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    BGS doesn't require client side update so those can be fixed whatever fix is ready.
    Aye, was more a question regarding their scheduling....

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    Maybe you'll want to postpone the "big event" on April 29 until after that?
    Originally Posted by tomparkes1993 View Post (Source)
    the infinite packhound ammo bug is sure gonna make the 29th fun...
    Multicrew bugs will add flavor :rolleyes:
    Originally Posted by Momoka Azuka View Post (Source)
    Given this news and the fact the Packhound bug is still a thing, shouldn't FDev consider postponing the big event on the 29th?
    Originally Posted by IAM GROOT View Post (Source)
    Ed, surely FDEV will postpone the event on April 29th until theses fixes are implemented. The MC and packhound ammo bugs alone will ruin that event day and not give Drew the ending he's hoping for, not to mention lots of Salomé supporters
    Originally Posted by iFred View Post (Source)
    Unacceptable.
    Releasing a bunch of bugs, slowing down developement over the last months, shifting ressources and basicslly sidelining players by leaving major bugs in the game is unacceptable. Sorry, Ed, nothing personal.
    Originally Posted by Vingtetun View Post (Source)
    Mr Intern, sah. Wondering whether this will be including any BGS patches or are they done server side and applied separately?
    WOW - 2.3 brought about a game breaking bug, and the company that seem to spend more time faffing around with combat balance than fixing broken mechanics now will not fix a bug that severely jeapordizes the balance and likely outcome of an official story line event. Then to really add salt to the wounds Zac goes and tries to slopey shoulder it to Drew.

Salty? Nah.... Enraged, youbetcha!!!

Thanks for the update. And this is indeed totally not acceptable. :) We're not talking about minor bugs, these are massive, gamebreaking bugs impacting thousands of customers. We're not in alpha any more, its incredibly poor to leave the live servers in such a mess for almost a month in total, assuming they even release first week of may. Excellent way of locking tons of people out of the april 29th event, and having the absurd packhound bug present at the time as well. [up]

I just have an extra fire lit...I just got my close friend to start playing after showing the game to him and letting him land my ship several times. He decided to buy the game during the last sale and afterwards I told him, "Don't worry about the bugs and stability issues, Frontier is really good about quickly releasing patches soon after a major update."

Now I'm the jerk with egg on his face.
    Considering there are many players NOT hit by bugs I think it is a bit overdramatisation. However, I agree, month delay for first patch is something to worry about. It is not first time FD have done this however. Maybe this means beta needs to be way longer? I am all for it. Fix everything till perfection. Don't release till it's ready.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Considering there are many players NOT hit by bugs I think it is a bit overdramatisation. However, I agree, month delay for first patch is something to worry about. It is not first time FD have done this however. Maybe this means beta needs to be way longer? I am all for it. Fix everything till perfection. Don't release till it's ready.
    It doesnt need to be perfect, but you cant lock thousands of players out of a game for such a long time. Its just bizarre, cant think of another game that did this.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast