Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous 2.3.01 bug fixes update coming early May

Originally Posted by Monk View Post (Source)
    I can accept that...but are there no bugs that are low-hanging fruit? Is everything a terrible mess? That doesn't bode well, either.
    Add to that, if these bugs are that challenging, and I believe that they are with many of them known for two months now...goes back to the questions I asked in my previous post...why was this released? There was no recourse for the players. No way to revert back to a working version or anything...forced update that was known to break peoples game with no recourse.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Considering there are many players NOT hit by bugs I think it is a bit overdramatisation. However, I agree, month delay for first patch is something to worry about. It is not first time FD have done this however. Maybe this means beta needs to be way longer? I am all for it. Fix everything till perfection. Don't release till it's ready.
    Then beta time shall equal infinity.
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”

Originally Posted by through the hole backwards View Post (Source)
    Good to know that they are working on the various fixes , bad to know that the forum is going to be clogged up with a few more weeks of incessant whinging , self centred opinionated drivel and general moaning, but I guess that's the forums for us.
    Way to solve it is to leave forums till further notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Then beta time shall equal infinity.
    I was of course being a bit ironic there...

I am with you Monk on disappointment. I will however leave forums again to do something productive than try to fight over is this doom of ED.

FD could give us more insight for reasons though to reassure this is something of extraordinary situation.
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Hi Ed

Can you clarify this item:

- Missing Galnet articles will be fixed

Is that 'global' Galnet or local?
    Just point me at the bug report if you like.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Way to solve it is to leave forums till further notice.
    What ? And by doing so , miss out on rapier wit like yours ?
    O'Carey's Law. There will always be a Type 9 coming in when you hit the boost button on the way out.

Originally Posted by through the hole backwards View Post (Source)
    What ? And by doing so , miss out on rapier wit like yours ?
    Do not worry, I will make that decision for ya Signing off
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Traditionally a .01 would roll out with hot fixes pretty quickly. But this time they finally got the version number off the .00 release, so no need for a rush.

IDK, I'm used to seeing good patches come within 1 or 2 weeks of release...this has been the case for a long time.
    "You will take your crumbs and like it"

Is how I feel right now...I know someone will call me impatient and petulant, but man, there are some glaring bugs out there. Up to 4 weeks for a patch that probably won't cover everything. Packhounds, Multi-Crew...Open unplayable with friends out in the deep and a multitude of folks with severe GalMap problems. I can't help saying I'm unhappy about this.
    I predicted 2 years ago on the IRC channel that the more that's added to the game, the more complex it will be and the longer it will take to patch the game with bugfixes. Each new Thing added to the game adds to the potential for a fix in one thing to lead to a cascade of effects in other parts of the game's code.

Now on saying that, I don't have any idea of how the code's organised. Sensible thing to do would be to have each 'aspect' of the game modularised as much as possible, but you're still going to have to interface one module with another, and you'll still get potential cascading effects if you try to alter the behaviour of one module, or even just to fix a bug in it.

Combine that with the upcoming PS4 release, the existing Xbox release, patch approval process, and yeah I reckon we're seeing the effects of a combination of all the above.

Plus, FDEV might be wanting to have a little bit of extra time perhaps to 'fix' wrinkles with Multicrew or even add to it. Who knows - perhaps FDEV will be open enough to explain in full why a patch is going to take at least 2 weeks to arrive to fix some pretty large oopsies like infinite Packhound missiles for example

Looks like undoing the conda hatchet job doesn't make the list

Thanks for the update Ed.
    http://inara.cz/cmdr/43822

I should just stop signing up for major events. It seems that invariably, something will come up to interfere with it. Either time zone differences, bugs, RL and now, a critical bug fix that won't happen until after the event. It took some grovelling to convince my wife that I needed this time in the silly space game rather than spending it with her. Rescheduling would make me look wishy-washy in her eyes and this game isn't worth that.

Very disappointed. Love ya, FD, but thumbs down on this one.

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    - XBOX main menu softlock will be fixed
    Will try MC then, not before.
    CMDR Guywired: XBL / Twitter / Port: Walker City / Anaconda: Void Breaker / Python: Astral Queen

Originally Posted by MottiKhan View Post (Source)
    I should just stop signing up for major events. It seems that invariably, something will come up to interfere with it. Either time zone differences, bugs, RL and now, a critical bug fix that won't happen until after the event. It took some grovelling to convince my wife that I needed this time in the silly space game rather than spending it with her. Rescheduling would make me look wishy-washy in her eyes and this game isn't worth that.

Very disappointed. Love ya, FD, but thumbs down on this one.
    The main story is best followed via the forums. So far none of the events ever worked out according to plan anyway. But having it fail more than a week before it starts must be some kind of record.

Ceterum censeo Pythem esse nerfam

Originally Posted by Genar-Hofoen View Post (Source)
    I predicted 2 years ago on the IRC channel that the more that's added to the game, the more complex it will be and the longer it will take to patch the game with bugfixes. Each new Thing added to the game adds to the potential for a fix in one thing to lead to a cascade of effects in other parts of the game's code.

Now on saying that, I don't have any idea of how the code's organised. Sensible thing to do would be to have each 'aspect' of the game modularised as much as possible, but you're still going to have to interface one module with another, and you'll still get potential cascading effects if you try to alter the behaviour of one module, or even just to fix a bug in it.

Combine that with the upcoming PS4 release, the existing Xbox release, patch approval process, and yeah I reckon we're seeing the effects of a combination of all the above.

Plus, FDEV might be wanting to have a little bit of extra time perhaps to 'fix' wrinkles with Multicrew or even add to it. Who knows - perhaps FDEV will be open enough to explain in full why a patch is going to take at least 2 weeks to arrive to fix some pretty large oopsies like infinite Packhound missiles for example
    The part I put in spoilers...I can understand that. Perhaps it is the case. I still feel like there are simpler things that could be addressed in a smaller quick patch.

The bolded phraseology is foreign to Frontier. Though I'd love to hear more about their process...ever
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.”

This!

Originally Posted by Vikinger View Post (Source)
    Iam quite disappointed that it take so long time from the release of 2.3 to the first bug fix patch.
    And not a word on the mouse bug that more or less prevent me ( and others) to play the game proper if you are using Oculus.
    Yes, this is a huge issue. I am lucky that I have my HOTAS to manoeuvre around a little in lieu of the most but still, in Gal and Sys map in particular (there are definitely other issues with these UI's), makes playing the game very, very difficult (& tests you patience).
    http://inara.cz/data/sigs/30/30952.png

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast