Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous 2.3.01 bug fixes update coming early May

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Thought it was about time for a word cloud from the contents of this thread ...

http://i.imgur.com/EDN9e5I.png

I find the size of the word "JUST" quite interesting!

P.S. I'm in no way attempting to derail or trivialise any discussion herein.
    It's like a poetry slam in an insane asylum.

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    Which part of 'most' do you not understand? Let me know and I''ll try to explain it for you.
    Yes, most of the bugs were fixed before release, but most of the current complaints are about bugs that existed during the beta. Probably the single biggest bug complaint going on right now IS the GalMap bug. Also the discovery scanner bug, the anaconda cockpit bug, the star texture decision, the packhound missile bug, the occupied landing pad bug

Originally Posted by Raven Blackwood View Post (Source)
    Appreciate the heads up, but early May? A lot of people on xbox can't even play the game. I know there's a fix, I use it but it means rebinding ALL the buttons every single time! And it happens every single day. This is why Xbox players ALSO NEED A PC!!!!!
    hehe

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    Most of the problems people are complaining about (like the Xbox can't play problem) seem to have been the result of moving over to the live servers.

Beta testing does find and highlight bugs. Not all bugs EVER get fixed before a release. This is simply a fact of life, so complaining that all the bugs haven't been fixed is ..... unrealistic!

As to why there is no Beta on Xbox - I don't know the reasons why that is.
    Hey, I really appreciate being addicted to Elite - but please don´t even try to tell us that "most" bugs were fixed... It´s clearly not the case. "Most" bugs were not even touched before release, especially the GalMap-Bug (please see the QA-responses on this... "must be on your site, i cant see any problem here" and so on...). That was the part where I really started to think about Frontiers way to take customers serious.

And when I read something like "most bugs were fixed" I can just say: Very biased opinion and in my point of view: Very wrong.

Neues deutsches Forum: www.elite-commanders.de
    Mark Allen: "While it's true that the PvP crowd do tend to be more vocal and in previous betas have given more organised feedback, we're well aware that the majority of players don't get involved in PvP." (22nd of Nov, 2016)

Originally Posted by iFred View Post (Source)
    Hey, I really appreciate being addicted to Elite - but please don´t even try to tell us that "most" bugs were fixed... It´s clearly not the case. "Most" bugs were not even touched before release, especially the GalMap-Bug (please see the QA-responses on this... "must be on your site, i cant see any problem here" and so on...). That was the part where I really started to think about Frontiers way to take customers serious.

And when I read something like "most bugs were fixed" I can just say: Very biased opinion and in my point of view: Very wrong.
    As said above, Frontier fixed hundred bugs during beta and a few very big bugs remained. So yes, they did fix most bugs and yes, the game shouldn't have been released in that state.

Originally Posted by Monk View Post (Source)
    I guess, that sort of makes sense. Though, I don't think you can really compare Easter to Christmas (in terms of days off and unavailability), can you? I worked through Easter, I (almost)never work through Christmas.
    You're assuming that people have a choice.

I work in the public sector and I've taken leave this week but we have staffing quotas and have to have a minimum of 40% of people in every single day, so if I hadn't been lucky with other people deciding to work through I'd have been back in work on Tuesday. At Christmas last year I got very lucky and managed to get a decent break but there have been years where I've only had the 25th and 26th off, not by choice but necessity. The only reason I've managed to get decent breaks recently is that the demographics of our staff have changed in the last few years and we've got a greater proportion of younger people in who are less likely to request leave for childcare reasons.

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    Frontier will probably never admit it, but it certainly does seem like they've pulled resources off of Elite development. Not so much the Elite Store, but for the game development. Whether they've moved people to Planet Coaster or the secret Hollywood IP, the evidence is pretty strong:

• Much slower response time for bug fixes post updates when compared to a year or two ago
    • Much slower development of content resulting in slipping schedules
    • Features going live with greatly reduced scope than planned
    • The lack of a roadmap of any kind post 2.3 suggests that Frontier themselves are uncertain of what they can develop down the road
    • QA seems much less capable than they used to be and not able to keep up, at least from an Elite point of view

We know they haven't laid anyone off, in fact Frontier is doing great financially, so either they have dedicated lots of staff to secretly developing huge amounts of Elite content behind the scenes that we know nothing about yet, or they've moved them to other projects, because I really doubt they are just being that much less productive for the fun of it. Something seems to have changed. It feels like, in industry terms, they've migrated Elite into what's typically called "maintenance mode", where a smaller group of people stay to work on the game and gradually release smaller content just to keep it alive and earning money to help fund other projects. I may very well be wrong, but it does feel that way to me.
    I said to a mate last night, the pace of development certainly appears to have changed and not for the better. The amount of actual content in the most recent update in view of the length of time since 2.2 highlights it pretty clearly. Plus as you point out, the first bugfix updates after a point update used to be out much faster than this. I find it very hard to believe that the same developer resources are being used on the game now as say 12 months ago. The only other explanation I can think of is that it's getting progressively harder to integrate any new content into the existing game, meaning that an increasing proportion of the developer time is being spent on refactoring existing aspects of the game in the background in order to allow new content to be included at all.

Originally Posted by babelfisch View Post (Source)
    As said above, Frontier fixed hundred bugs during beta and a few very big bugs remained. So yes, they did fix most bugs and yes, the game shouldn't have been released in that state.
    Last time I looked 900 bugs were raised.

Mark Allen: "While it's true that the PvP crowd do tend to be more vocal and in previous betas have given more organised feedback, we're well aware that the majority of players don't get involved in PvP." (22nd of Nov, 2016)

I have a feeling iFred isnt really interested in anything that contradicts his 'everything is terrible' narrative.

Ceterum censeo Pythem esse nerfam

STOP PRESS!

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give you some more information on the 2.3.01 update we mentioned here.

We’re making good progress, so we’re aiming for this update to go live for PC and Mac players on Tuesday (25th), earlier than previously stated. As always, we won’t know for certain that the update will be ready on Tuesday but the docking request has been made and we’re making our way to the slot! If the update does push past that point, your patience and understanding would be greatly appreciated.

There are some separate issues that apply to Xbox Commanders only. We will put this update out as soon as we can too - we understand the frustration caused but rest assured that the developers are working extremely hard to bring these fixes in as soon as possible. We’ll keep you informed on an exact ETA as soon as we know more, but for the moment it looks like it will be a couple of weeks.

Once again, we really appreciate all of your feedback and continued support.

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    I have a feeling iFred isnt really interested in anything that contradicts his 'everything is terrible' narrative.
    To be fair, and I understand I am only one player here, but the confluence of ongoing bugs combined with what I was doing in game has rendered the game unplayable for me...so that kind of leaves the everything is terrible descriptor the most appropriate one for me. Ten bugs fixed, a thousand bugs fixed, a million bugs fixed...I still can't play so twice nothing is still nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    STOP PRESS!
    I want hard explicit confirmation that the intent is to fix the galmap and FSD injection/NS supercharge bugs before I get my hopes up at all.

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    And again Mr. WiseGuy came around the corner without proving facts.

Originally Posted by iFred View Post (Source)
    Last time I looked 900 bugs were raised.
    Did you also count all the fixes they deployed during beta?

How about an apology for this buggy release instead of just a thank you for listing the bugs. Might be a start.

So - big deal !!! How about you roll the game back to 2.2 fix the stuff that's broken then start over at the end of the year after you fix the the crap right...

PS: Have a NICE DAY !!!

Here is hoping like hell the server problems go away once and for all. I mean it sincerely because this has got me not playing since 2.3 dropped. I cannot for the life of me get the mission board to load. Absolutely stupid beyond belief that this is broken.
    Commander shadowwar

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast