Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Changes Coming to Multi-crew

Looks like Frontier has increased the pay out ratio for MC b/c my payout was around 1 mil under my friend's - Master vs Dangerous?

Sorry if this has been brought up already, I'm not reading 19 pages, but can the awful gunner targeting be addressed as well? Stray shots don't get bounties immediately, however, when the gunner is forced to target whatever flies near its true target, subject is considered a target and gunner gives helm an instant bounty. Seeing as the "only viable use" for Multi-Crew is combat, could the gunner targeting issue be looked into please? I like having a gunner, but more often than not, they're a hindrance because of how the role was implemented.

Originally Posted by Sathayorn View Post (Source)
    Sorry if this has been brought up already, I'm not reading 19 pages, but can the awful gunner targeting be addressed as well? Stray shots don't get bounties immediately, however, when the gunner is forced to target whatever flies near its true target, subject is considered a target and gunner gives helm an instant bounty. Seeing as the "only viable use" for Multi-Crew is combat, could the gunner targeting issue be looked into please? I like having a gunner, but more often than not, they're a hindrance because of how the role was implemented.
    Only if you play it more.
    "I cannot believe that God plays dice with the cosmos." - Albert Einstein, on the randomness of quantum mechanics

Elite Dangerous Lead Designer's most recent games:
    Kinect Star Wars (2012) (Senior Designer)
    Haze (2008) (Lead Designer)

Originally Posted by SciTrekker View Post (Source)
    Therein lies the problem. I won't be playing more (let alone paying more) until they implement some overdue features, like NPC wings, or NPC crew. Till then....

I would if the SLF launches didn't cause people to crash 50% of the time...
    Edit: And for my game to lock up upon rearming after someone crashed launching a SLF...
    Edit: And if the gunner didn't have control over my forward-fire-only prospector limpets...
    Edit: And my shield cells... And my heat sinks...

Edit: And for my game to lock up upon rearming after someone crashed launching a SLF...
    Edit: And if the gunner didn't have control over my forward-fire-only prospector limpets...
    Edit: And my shield cells... And my heat sinks...
    And therein lies the rub (as in rubbish) of that statement by FDev. Definitely in my list of Top 10 Most Rubbish Statements by a Development Studio. "Play this rubbish enough and we might make it less rubbish."
    "I cannot believe that God plays dice with the cosmos." - Albert Einstein, on the randomness of quantum mechanics

And therein lies the rub (as in rubbish) of that statement by FDev. Definitely in my list of Top 10 Most Rubbish Statements by a Development Studio. "Play this rubbish enough and we might make it less rubbish."
    Don't get me wrong, I love multi-crew, and I'm looking forward to the enhancements to come, really, I just hope they touch on the aforementioned issues.

Don't get me wrong, I love multi-crew, and I'm looking forward to the enhancements to come, really, I just hope they touch on the aforementioned issues.
    I'm playing it anytime I can convince someone to join me/me join them cuz I want MC additions. Dems da rules.

Originally Posted by Lngjohnsilver1 View Post (Source)
    Careful, you're treading on sensible well thought ground! Someone is bound to complain......
    Why no create sectors within the galaxy with increased risk? Then, you could take your wing or your mult-crew out to those specific places for increased risk/reward? Tie that in to an overall story - "Warzones" or something - and how PCs influence those warzones influence the results of the War in question? Now you have Drama, sense of place in the Galaxy.

ALSO, why not just allow the Multicrew to decide shares or contracts on their own? Let me set what I'm offering as a Multi-Crew helmsman as an INCENTIVE to get crew. If I have FRIENDS, let me set the shares to EQUAL. It's really not that hard. The argument that it's absurd that a crew can make 1.8mil on a 1mil bounty is totally legit. Instead, give us 2mil bounties in a Warzone or Conflict Zone and let us set our own Shares like real Captains on real ships.

Originally Posted by Dane Barclay View Post (Source)
    Therein lies the problem. I won't be playing more (let alone paying more) until they implement some overdue features, like NPC wings, or NPC crew. Till then....
    Repped!

My Rig: Alienware Area-51 i7-5930K @3.5GH, 32GB memory, ROG GTX 1080Ti, Asus 27" monitor, TrackIR, Warthog HOTAS, VKB pedals

This just happened to me.
    Got both of the crew members dropped and they couldn't really connect back.
    Also got the endless "Stand By" freeze when rearming.

I guess no multicrew until next patch.

multicrew has one major issue in my eyes:

we got two possible MC base situations, one is accepted, one just exploited.

1. MC enabled Ship with SLF hangar installed
      - one SLF bay: this ship is multicrew ready without further adjustments, no reduced combat power if copilot is not present.
      - two SLF bays: this ship will increase its combat power in MC because NPC AND Copilot can be deployed
    2. MC enabled ship without SLF hangar
      this ship is most likely fit with turrets just for the purpose of Multicrew, and sacrifices combat power outside of multicrew.
      the only benefit of going Multicrew here is eventually better aim of the turrets, and the extra pip

so, AFAIK, the entry level for Multicrew is to high for the Helm. the smallest ship with a hangar AND beeing Multicrew enabled, is the gunship, which is already pretty expensive, and locked behind a federation rank.
    for any other MC enabled ship below, i see it only be a feature for those beeing able to afford and run a second acount, for an extra pip (that is granted even if the copilot is only idle and un-assigned)

a real quick and easy improvement for MC would be rather easy:

1. Keelback cockpit refit with a second chair (lower entry level)

2. Flexible weapon mounts. switchable between fixed, gimballed and turreted. the DPS and other parameters would switch with the active mode.
    3. Tactical ops role. someone who can selecte, scan and identify targets in supercruise 360°, select subtargets for the helm/gunner and command hatchbreakers to jettison specific cargo out of the victims ship (piracy FTW!)
    4. materials collected during a MC session should be tradable at the summary screen.

Last night I multi-crewed in a friend's Anaconda and the game kept freezing and kept kicking me out. I also couldn't get into the Gunner position probably b/c friend didn't have any turret guns?

Anyways, I decided to log out and back in and then don't remember freezing or dropping out again ... So, it appears multi-crew or network issues have not been completely fixed?

Originally Posted by Bunkerkind Anni View Post (Source)
    multicrew has one major issue in my eyes:

we got two possible MC base situations, one is accepted, one just exploited.

1. MC enabled Ship with SLF hangar installed
      - one SLF bay: this ship is multicrew ready without further adjustments, no reduced combat power if copilot is not present.
      - two SLF bays: this ship will increase its combat power in MC because NPC AND Copilot can be deployed
    2. MC enabled ship without SLF hangar
      this ship is most likely fit with turrets just for the purpose of Multicrew, and sacrifices combat power outside of multicrew.
      the only benefit of going Multicrew here is eventually better aim of the turrets, and the extra pip

so, AFAIK, the entry level for Multicrew is to high for the Helm. the smallest ship with a hangar AND beeing Multicrew enabled, is the gunship, which is already pretty expensive, and locked behind a federation rank.
    for any other MC enabled ship below, i see it only be a feature for those beeing able to afford and run a second acount, for an extra pip (that is granted even if the copilot is only idle and un-assigned)

a real quick and easy improvement for MC would be rather easy:

1. Keelback cockpit refit with a second chair (lower entry level)

2. Flexible weapon mounts. switchable between fixed, gimballed and turreted. the DPS and other parameters would switch with the active mode.
    3. Tactical ops role. someone who can selecte, scan and identify targets in supercruise 360°, select subtargets for the helm/gunner and command hatchbreakers to jettison specific cargo out of the victims ship (piracy FTW!)
    4. materials collected during a MC session should be tradable at the summary screen.
    Spot on, excellent post.

Came back to this thread looking for the very useful table in the OP re the multi-crew reward scheme but it seems to have been deleted. Thanks go to Barking_Mad for copy/pasting it to his blog so I'll post the link here in case anyone else wants to bookmark it for future reference:

https://elitedangerous2016.wordpress...ti-crew-2-3-1/

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920