Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What have you done to RES sites?

I think if you hunt in the same site for long enough to gain a bad rep with the locale pirate faction, they might get wise.

Hmm.. maybe it never worked as intended..

anyone here visited a HAZ res in a low security system lately?

Originally Posted by UnhappyDev View Post (Source)
    I always thought it was a bug due to the 'security response unavailable' message you get in HAZRES
    Mm yes possibly. I figured if it was a bug they'd have squashed it by now, it's been a while. I always read the 'response unavailable' message as meaning, don't rely on sec ships racing to your rescue. Which is still the case. But the sites would indeed be much more dangerous if security was absent altogether.
    mostly harmless

mostly

Well, Frontier did add gameplay to the RES sites... you now need a scanner to identify criminals, a wake scanner to follow them and better pack an interdictor... Finally bounty hunting has become hunting...
    "Foxtrott-Romeo-Alpha" - CMDR Francis G. Blackly - Soldier of Fortune since 3270
    Pilot of the Asp Explorer
    "DSE Cayetano Valdès" <- Click for Coriolis Data
    Be a commander, fly a spaceship, live the adventure.

Originally Posted by mung0 View Post (Source)
    Mm yes possibly. I figured if it was a bug they'd have squashed it by now, it's been a while. I always read the 'response unavailable' message as meaning, don't rely on sec ships racing to your rescue. Which is still the case. But the sites would indeed be much more dangerous if security was absent altogether.
    Hazardous-Res were introduced a few updates ago to be a greater challenge than the then only high and low res.
    The idea being that they had more challenging higher tier wanted ships and total lack of security,hence the warning message when you jump in.
    That being said I have encountered security a few times in a HazRes.
    Some of the things that ED does remain a complete mystery to me,prob because there is some much going on in the background that only the devs have full knowledge of?
    Still it makes it feel more real,kinda random and unexpected at times.
    He looks French. I think I'll call him Steve French
    What if it's a ​SAMSQUANCH !!

Originally Posted by heliman001 View Post (Source)
    Hazardous-Res were introduced a few updates ago to be a greater challenge than the then only high and low res.
    The idea being that they had more challenging higher tier wanted ships and total lack of security,hence the warning message when you jump in.
    That being said I have encountered security a few times in a HazRes.
    Some of the things that ED does remain a complete mystery to me,prob because there is some much going on in the background that only the devs have full knowledge of?
    Still it makes it feel more real,kinda random and unexpected at times.
    Yes I do recall the introduction of hazres

Did fd ever specifically say 'no security' in there? Or is that an interpretation. If it's the former then yep sounds like implementation went wonky somewhere along the way.
    mostly harmless

mostly

Haz Res doesn't mean "no cops". It means "cops won't help". So there may be cops spawned but they either won't help you or get killed by pirates (or both).

Also this "won't help" rule basically means "no cops reinforcements" (which happens in normal Res and is why there are always cops there).

Originally Posted by mung0 View Post (Source)
    Yes I do recall the introduction of hazres

Did fd ever specifically say 'no security' in there? Or is that an interpretation. If it's the former then yep sounds like implementation went wonky somewhere along the way.
    Not sure about any comment from fd.

If I remember rightly, HAZRES had no security until 1.6/2.1
    Moo!

Originally Posted by clivewil View Post (Source)
    after a mammoth RES session to either prove or disprove Sandro's claim that pirate kill missions aren't broken, the targets are just rare - (guess what, we're both right - some faction's pirates are so rare they render the missions incompletable. that's broken, in my book)...
    Originally Posted by HBK View Post (Source)
    QFT

Did try one of those missions as a promotion opportunity yesterday, and after 1.5 hours of play I only got 4 out of 36 needed.

Edit : Was on a compromised beacon, for the record. Plenty of pirates, just not the right kind.
    Originally Posted by Soopyyy View Post (Source)
    Yep, I have had this problem too. Get given 24hrs to kill 70 pirates of a specific brand and get maybe 10 spawn in the whole 24hrs. Awesome...
    The only way I've found to do these missions now is carry an interdicter and hunt from super-cruise. It's the only way to get the correct faction to spawn in any semi-reliable manner, and even doing it this way, you often need to exit then enter supercruise if they haven't spawned and the Super cruise instance starts getting too full. I much preferred these missions when you could do them in a resource or nav beacon and any pirate counted but these days they're extremely tedious. Even the Pirate Convoy USS's & Distress Signal ones that contain the generic factionless pirates don't count, and they really should IMO. This is one of those areas, where IMO they should bias the randomness to be much less random and base it on the mission you're trying to achieve, especially since if they run and hyperspace and even if you follow them, it don't count because wrong system.

My experience has been a vast improvement over pre 2.3, endless combat for the entire time we are there, it is none stop action to the point I feel drained from all the combat after a few hours. Loving it though!

I made 2.7 million in one trip to a res site two days ago.

That said, I do occasionally run into crappy ship spawns.

Some days, it's Conda after Conda, other times it's wings of Adders as far as the eye can see.
    "Elite is a room full of legos. You can make fun with it, but there's no directions included. And if you try to just run through it, you're just going to end up cussing your head off as your feet are destroyed." --​ Ezren

I agree. I dropped down on a haz site and I got like one wanted FGS in the whole 30 minutes I was there. Completely stupid and broken now. And don't even get me started on multicrew lol.

The last few haz res sessions i've had have been in a medium security system and i've been getting massive numbers of targets. Getting scanned 2 or 3 times during each combat some of the time.....which just lets me know who the next target is :-)

Been making 4-6 million in 40-50 minutes and lots of big ship spawns had wings consisting of a python and two cutters or clippers, 3 FAS/FDS and once a wing of 3 condas plus lots of single big ship spawns.

Had several MC sessions in there too which were very profitable.

Originally Posted by UnhappyDev View Post (Source)
    Yeah, I thought the hazardous-ness of the RES was related to the security level of the system? My local HAZRES (high security system) is quite tame, but RES in nearby low security systems seem more lively? Not sure, though.
    This has always been my assumption as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by HBK View Post (Source)
    Haz Res doesn't mean "no cops". It means "cops won't help". So there may be cops spawned but they either won't help you or get killed by pirates (or both).

Also this "won't help" rule basically means "no cops reinforcements" (which happens in normal Res and is why there are always cops there).
    Actually, it means no system security. Stuff like Federal Agents and Shields of Justice are related to powerplay and they're not considered security.

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(
    Originally Posted by Frank_G View Post (Source)
    Well, Frontier did add gameplay to the RES sites... you now need a scanner to identify criminals, a wake scanner to follow them and better pack an interdictor... Finally bounty hunting has become hunting...
    If only! I have never yet Manifest/KWS Scanned a CLEAN and they become known as WANTED ever. You'd think some of those Miners in Cobras are actually pretending whilst setting an ambush. Or they are there trying to scrape a living whilst they're WANTED in the next System.

I tried using the Manifest Scanner in loads of areas on a Mission which hinted to use the old-fashioned way. Well it actually meant use an Interdictor and that the Targets were all in SC and NOT in RES,Nav Beacons, and USS like it said!!!

Please FD, add this mechanism for these times of little spawns. I think though that it's the BGS being over farmed. I did just 3 Imp.Slave Trade jobs and then the prices to SELL went up. It took 24hrs to reset.
    [FONT=verdana][B]Dual Intel Xeon Quads 3GHz, 16GB RAM, USB 2.0
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC2, Oculus CV1 + Install 1.7 (no cpu check)[/B][/FONT]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast