Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Self Lubricating Fighter vs. Station Diagnostic Committee at Obsidian Orbital

Great video, and you could not have picked on a nicer set of people to worry.
    ED-Discovery - Journals, Materials, Commodities, Synthesis, Star Map, Voice.
    Your Elite Dangerous co-pilot.
    Get it at https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/releases
    Help https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/wiki
    Discord https://discord.gg/CS3eK

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

It looks like something odd is going on - starports are not supposed to tolerate combat, especially inside the docking barrel we're investigating.
    I'm 100% positive (re-tested just now) anarchy stations only attack you if you attack the station, attack another ship belonging to the station's faction or discharge your weapons inside the 'barrel' (although SLFs seem to be ignored, bug or oversight I assume) and will NOT aggro if you shoot someone outside the station that doesn't belong to the same faction - although that is of course pretty much as expected.

But anarchy stations will also ignore ramming someone to death even inside the barrel and even if the victim belongs to the same faction as the station (contrary to their reaction to weapons fire).

Yep, that's my general experience with Anarchy stations as well and it's been that way as long as I can remember.

SLFs seem to be completely ignored as a separate entity from the main ship, unless they actually shoot the station.

4. This is the last staff post in this thread. #19
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous
    Frontier Employee
    Hello Commanders!

Yes, ramming to death is certainly not something that Anarchy starports should ignore. Looks both this and SLF need looking at.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I too spotted what is wrong here @11mins...the Fighter needs more Lubricant so it can fly under the Taxi Terminal. Definitely a BUG!
    Dual Intel Xeon Quads 3GHz, 16GB RAM, USB 2.0
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC2, Oculus CV1 + Install 1.7 (no cpu check)

I thought that ramming was never flagged as an act of aggression? I remember doing it a few patches ago in order to get engineering mats in non-anarchy systems, and it's the only reason the 1% hull suicidey trick works - the only aggressor is the guy travelling over 100m/s.

Originally Posted by Morbad View Post (Source)
    After being caught entirely off guard by SDC attacking me at an anarchy station, in Open, where there was an on going CG--inconceivable, I know--and taking many thousands of credits of damage to my Federal Corvette before being able to land successfully, I decided that a direct confrontation with a half dozen combat vessels probably wasn't in my best interest.

Yet, I could not let these dastardly denizens of the dark go wholly unopposed (well, I could, but what fun is that?)...there were semi-innocent fools with shieldless Type-9s, and even less wise conveyances, about and they needed me, as a distraction.

So, the SLF cometh:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI5K3ggDtIU

That's a small excerpt from about two hours of fooling around.

Basically, I'd drop out a few hundred km from the tourist beacon that is only 20km from Obsidian Orbital, pop back into SC for a split second (so no one had time to target me long enough for my low wake to have my name on it), disengage at the tourist beacon, drift my Corvette (so as not to leave visible chemtrails [yes, I said chemtrails...dirty drives removes the catalytic converter, you know]) to a location where it would not be easy to spot (meaning not in front of a beige moon, and not in any likely flight path), come to a full stop, deploy my SLF with it's throttle zeroed and FA off (so it would drift at 150m/s until well clear of my mothership...also to avoid leaving a trail back to it) while simultaneously ordering my Deadly (mostly to my own ships) NPC crew to hold position. Then I'd shoot at SDC (and probably a few people I mistook for SDC) for a bit, take a nap, and start a thread with preposterously long run-on sentences, here, to tell you all about it.

Anyway, stations still aren't reacting correctly to SLFs, or belligerent ships in general. Anarchy security levels might mean a hands off approach to passing or enforcing laws, but the various entities established in such systems should still take self-defense seriously...no way in hell would any operator of an expensive starport put up with combat in it's immediate vicinity, let alone inside the docking bay. Not that this wasn't fun, but it's not exactly very plausible, and I hope it's slated for adjustment sometime in the not too distant future.
    Stop griefing those that oppose the illegal superpower expansion in the Pleiades.
    “The first of the line is tied to a tree and the last is being eaten by the ants.”

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

It looks like something odd is going on - starports are not supposed to tolerate combat, especially inside the docking barrel we're investigating.
    Hint : you might want to check out Engineer Bases as well
    (Farseer seems a good place to start)

Last times I checked, that Base was very lax towards Ships opening fire on others well within the NFZ. As in : never opened fire on aggressors camping it to no end.
    I hear it's still a favorite place for offenders to hug and attack docking/undocking traffic.

Originally Posted by Faybs View Post (Source)
    the only aggressor is the guy travelling over 100m/s.
    In anarchy areas, there are no speed limits in the no fire zone, even inside the station, and you can ram other ships at full speed without the station retaliating in any way, even if they explode.

Originally Posted by Faybs View Post (Source)
    I thought that ramming was never flagged as an act of aggression? I remember doing it a few patches ago in order to get engineering mats in non-anarchy systems, and it's the only reason the 1% hull suicidey trick works - the only aggressor is the guy travelling over 100m/s.
    It's not so much ramming (in non-anarchy stations you just get a fine for ramming someone while over the speed limit yourself) as somebody dying as a direct or indirect result of your ramming.
    If that didn't work, the 1% hull sidewinder/eagle trick wouldn't work either.

Originally Posted by FalconFly View Post (Source)
    Hint : you might want to check out Engineer Bases as well
    (Farseer seems a good place to start)

Last times I checked, that Base was very lax towards Ships opening fire on others well within the NFZ. As in : never opened fire on aggressors camping it to no end.
    I hear it's still a favorite place for offenders to hug and attack docking/undocking traffic.
    If i recall, they recently increased the range of the NFZ at Engineer bases. In 2.2..?
    Could be wrong.

Here's a few ~300m/s collisions well inside the no fire zone.

Also, two NPC Orca, docked on the pad that is ostensibly reserved for me.

Originally Posted by Jukelo View Post (Source)
    It's not so much ramming (in non-anarchy stations you just get a fine for ramming someone while over the speed limit yourself) as somebody dying as a direct or indirect result of your ramming.
    If that didn't work, the 1% hull sidewinder/eagle trick wouldn't work either.
    It doesn't work in anarchy areas...no laws.

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    If i recall, they recently increased the range of the NFZ at Engineer bases. In 2.2..?
    Could be wrong.
    Yes, but if the NFZ isn't honored regardless of size or existence in the 1st place, it wouldn't really matter. And that has been the case so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12