Thread: Does anybody really reaches top ranking in a superpower

Does anybody really reaches top ranking in a superpower

I saw the merits to be gained for the maximum superpower rankings. They are insanely high!

10.000 merits, that get cut to half every week, so you have to do 5.000 merits per week... at a maximum of 50 every half hour, it makes for 50 play hrs per week just to keep the rank...

Dies anybody really make it?!?

Yep.
    It's hard to get there, though. If you don't want to spend money, the first run to the Rank 5 is a grind.
    But then you simply use your 50M weekly salary to buy fortification mats. It's kind of self-sustaining.

It's the easiest way. You can then use the power's bonuses to earn money.

... and if you are on a 3 wks holiday with no console, you have to rank up again...

Yes.
    Powerplay needs continuous and neverending attention, but can be really profitable.

Originally Posted by Zeus Cubed View Post (Source)
    I saw the merits to be gained for the maximum superpower rankings. They are insanely high!

10.000 merits, that get cut to half every week, so you have to do 5.000 merits per week... at a maximum of 50 every half hour, it makes for 50 play hrs per week just to keep the rank...

Dies anybody really make it?!?
    Yes I did reach it, but the merit decay is so incredibly frustrating that I just stopped participating in Poweplay completely.

I hope FD will do as they said and improve Powerplay, because I think the potential of a good varied Powerplay system is huge.
    I have made several proposals.
    FD could tie in all kinds of things, like regular missions, with these Powers.
    I would like Powerplay to become relevant outside of the current territorial multiplayer struggle too.
    Powers could give special missions deep into enemy space for example. Those would not all need to have an influence on the territorial gameplay.

I completely agree. I think i will go on until i eill earn my mining lance, and then quot powerplay.

I've done it a few times, though it's not like you say. The first week, you only get 10free every half hour, so you have no choice but to pay for them. With Zachary Hudson, you can fight in his expansion CZs, which means that you must kill 1000 ships there in the first week.

Whether you carry stuff or kill ships, you only need approximately 5000 merits in the second week because you get to keep 50% from the previous week, so 5000 tons or 500 ships. In week 2, you get 50 free every 30 minutes. Some people have been known to carry a laptop around with them and to work. They log on every 30 minutes to get the free allocation until their ship is full, then do the delivery as soon as they logon in the evening.

Basically, you'll struggle to make much profit from it whatever you do, but with ZH and one of the others, you get double bounties, so if you're a regular bounty hunter, it can be very profitable. Basically, an extra 5 million an hour on top of the 5 million an hour you normally get, so for each 10 hours of bounty hunting, you get 50 million bonus.

If you decide to go for it, I'll give you a tip/ In the first week, you invest 100 million in the supplies. While you're waiting for Thursday to get your rank, you can go bounty hunting, but don't cash in the bounties until Thursday, when you have the rank, which will then get you twice as much, so 20 hours bounty hunting will pay for the 100 million, then you get an additional 50 million as salary. thereafter, you pay about 40 million a week for the supplies (10 million free ones), and you get back 50 million.

If you kill ships in the special CZ, and you have a suitable battleship, you can get about 50 an hour, so 500 will take about 10 hours for 50 million. It's probably more profitable to pay for the supplies and go bounty hunting.